Harvey Elliot: Pump or dump?

• For a 3 year bet there doesn't appear alot of dividend potential there on first sight. 16 year olds generally breakthrough around 19-20 if at all. Anyone seeing rocket emoji potential?

• I bought & sold 600 of them very quickly.

Got the first 300 at £1.61 & the next 300 6 seconds later at £1.73.

Average buy price was £1.67 & sold all 600 at £1.90 which took precisely 24 seconds to sell to market.

Job done.

• I said a couple months back if I had to invest in a youth player it would be Elliot. I think he's closer to the match day squads than people realise, I think he could start a fair amount of games next season. I would much rather hold him than say a Brewster/ Greenwood (at current prices). I would be surprised if he's less than £2 in 3 years time, but again it's the massive question about is it worth having money tied up in him when the rest of the market will probably be booming. I'm massively on the fence about him, I have some more money I could put into FI but can't decide if it's worth it for a youth prospect.

• I totally get why people are so excited about this kid as he has a lot of potential but i think they tend to forget its a 3 year bet and it is possible to get in on a player too early. Liverpool will be a hard team to break into and looking further forward an england call up within 3 years is very unlikely especially with the options available , i know its a bit early talk about call ups but these are things that need considered

• @Ericali I agree with this, good shout and an easy 100 pounds at least. Thanks for sharing.

As for Harvey Elliot hes quite a risk, not broken into the first team, very tough to do so with all that quality. Vinicius looks closer and his price has not budged too much in ages.

In short Eric fair play and thanks for sharing!

• This kid is special. To make his debut at 15 in the Championship is very unusual. Liverpool had their pick of young players in the summer after winning with Champions League and with Klopp's record of developing talent.

There is intense competition in Liverpool's under 23 team with a number of very good players ready to step up to the 1st team squad. Yet this kid walks into the 1st team squad at 16. He plays like a 21 year old international worth £50M+.

I can't remember seeing anyone at his age look so assured amongst older professionals, at least since Wayne Rooney. As an attacking midfielder/forward he has huge PB potential and as a possible future England star huge MB potential too.

I'm not pumping him, I hold a smallish number with what I could afford, just wanted to counter those who think he represents a risk at £2.

• @KevT how do you get that he’s got huge PB potential? What are his stats for those games he has played? Massively over valued until he starts to perform in a a PB league. MB prior to his move would have been good but now he’s at a top club the only way is downwards if he doesn’t make it. Frannie Jeffers anyone?

• @KevT For me its not even about risk. It's opportunity cost - you're tying up money in a player that is unlikely to be competing for dividends for at last 10 months and probably longer. Dividends are huge after the increase and leaving money in a player that cant win them is illogical to me.
    As for PB - Liverpool don't play with an AM under Klopp and other than TAA they are not a particularly PB friendly team.

• @Ericali He's not the new Thiago Almada then. Surprised you sold up having got him at £1.69. Liverpool have a horrendous run of fixtures in the coming weeks. He's definitely starting in the League cup you would have thought and with the world club championship and other commitments it wouldn't surprise me to see some more rotation in the team.

• I don't think it's fair to judge his stats on a few substitute appearances in his first season. He is a technical player who looks to create and score. He is likely to contend for corners and set-pieces. He is in the Liverpool 1st team squad at 16 and will get opportunities this season. Compared to Mason Greenwood and Rhian Brewster he is a steal.

• @KevT We're not judging his stats. You are by saying he'll be great at PB with nothing to back it up. You're guessing that he will :)

• @Ericali said in Harvey Elliot: Pump or dump?:

I bought & sold 600 of them very quickly.

Got the first 300 at £1.61 & the next 300 6 seconds later at £1.73.

Average buy price was £1.67 & sold all 600 at £1.90 which took precisely 24 seconds to sell to market.

Job done.

In and out... Ipo basics. Well played. If it was still advertised when each player was going to be released my port value would be 0 as id have all my money in cash balance to do what you did with elliot. Its the easiest money to be made... But they made it kinda lucky as to whether you are online at the right time to be involved.

• @KevT as mentioned above he’s unlikely to be competing for PB anytime soon and even at his “steal” price not likely to return dividends anytime soon; whilst he might get games in the league or FA cup they do t qualify for PB. After the IPO hype he’ll drop and settle at a price, if you got on early and are happy to tie up cash as a long term hold fair play to you. But for me there is much better value elsewhere with the amount of PB games played every week.

• Yes I am guessing that he will. I am also guessing he will win MB several times in the next 12 months as a result of being the youngest player to do x y and z.

• @KevT But TAA takes all set pieces and I don't see him getting them. So what makes you think his PB will be any better than Mane or Salah as a wide forward?

• I think there is potential for short term growth. He is 16 afterall and he's could be playing in the best team in England right now. Longer term he's unlikely to get the game time once the fixture congestion eases. One to watch for me. I think we are a year or 2 early at the minute.

• @Dalien-Smith said in Harvey Elliot: Pump or dump?:

I think there is potential for short term growth. He is 16 afterall and he's could be playing in the best team in England right now. Longer term he's unlikely to get the game time once the fixture congestion eases. One to watch for me. I think we are a year or 2 early at the minute.

I agree. One to get involved in later (if he progresses) he's going to find it hard to break into that side & the set-pieces look to be sewn up by TAA.

Not got a move in him (unless he's loaned to the championship) & it's a lot of money to tie up at £2+.

• @janner73 Loaned to the Championship? Have you seen him play?

But you are right, not got a move in him, and got a hell of a job getting any game time. And it's a lot to tie up in a player who is not realistically competing for PB.

I just wanted to make the point that he is special! And I still think he is a snip at £2 if you are looking for a long term hold.

What do you guys reckon he is worth at 19?

• @KevT I agree with you, I would much rather have a player who's a midfielder on FI but gets played further forward. He will have far better base scores than Greenwood/Brewster in my opinion. I don't have any stats to back it up, but I'm saying going forward he strikes me as the type of player who will become a play maker making a team tick, playing in between the lines. As @Ericali (I think about Almada) said, his IPO price is £1.20 so if you bought Harvey Elliot now the most you could lose is under a £1, whereas there's a high chance his price will increase in that 3 year period.

• @KevT said in Harvey Elliot: Pump or dump?:

@janner73 Loaned to the Championship? Have you seen him play?

But you are right, not got a move in him, and got a hell of a job getting any game time. And it's a lot to tie up in a player who is not realistically competing for PB.

I just wanted to make the point that he is special! And I still think he is a snip at £2 if you are looking for a long term hold.

What do you guys reckon he is worth at 19?

Sorry? I didn't say anything about being loaned to the Championship!!!