Harvey Elliot: Pump or dump?

• @ChazFI123 Can I just clarify...that definitely wasn't me saying that, not in a millions years. 3 years time for the world cup at a push. But glad you have me on your mind at least (lol).

• @Black-wolf said in Harvey Elliot: Pump or dump?:

@KevT said in Harvey Elliot: Pump or dump?:

He has about 8 months to become England's youngest ever international. He is already the youngest every premier league player.

Worth bearing in mind.

Who does he push out though? Sterling, Sancho, Rashford or Hudson Odoi? Pretty sure there are others closer to a call up too

Southgate has said Grealish is pretty much next in line.

• @gball1975
    gball1975 4 months ago

Massive believer that Brewster is the future for Liverpool and England, very good bet for a Euro 2020 call up.
    Would have him ahead of Callum Wilson any day...already.

• no team is bringing such a young player into the fold permanently at 16, it doesnt make long term sense from the clubs point of view, and probably the player too

because at 16 your body has not fully developed and you would be playing against grown men who will smash you up if they can

how that translates to FI is obviously another matter

• @janner73 Oh sorry...thought you were talking about Elliot as it was mentioned in this post.

Yeah I said that about Brewster...oh well, can't get them all right eh???

• @gball1975 Haha no worries. Kind of got crossed over to Brewster and Greenwood when England call-ups got mentioned :)

• @janner73 That's the problem when you just read the last couple of posts...I do it all the time.

• I think he will be playing sooner than we think. He's already played two games full 90 minutes in the caraboa and has been on the bench for a Premier league game against Leicester. I bought 200 and plan to hold for three years.

• Looks to me like the boy already has an attitude problem. Banned for something he did online and a terrible haircut.
    Can't see him getting regular pb for at least 2 years, if ever.
    Can see his price dropping massively

• @Liljoeyfritzl attitude problem = MB. 👍

• @Harmonica if you want to invest at that price for a chance of a 5p mb that's upto you

• At his price I think fuck that one day his price might be value but that is classic dead money

• I’ve got rid... for now

• @MM said in Harvey Elliot: Pump or dump?:

no team is bringing such a young player into the fold permanently at 16, it doesnt make long term sense from the clubs point of view, and probably the player too

because at 16 your body has not fully developed and you would be playing against grown men who will smash you up if they can

how that translates to FI is obviously another matter

This is partly the reason I was very eager to buy in as early as possible. Because, if you've actually SEEN Elliot play you will notice just how comfortable he is playing against men (Carabou cup) and not boys (ie. in under 23s games etc). You really wouldn't think he was only 16. He isn't at all afraid to run with the ball at people, a creative and ambitious midfielder that we are lacking when Ox doesn't play.

TAA tends to do a lot of the attacking down the right flank that, although effective, would be better coming from an attacking midfielder.

I think Elliot will surprise many people who only know him because of a perceived overpriced IPO on Football Index. I think we will see him a fair bit sooner than many predict, and whilst PB is no guarantee (for 99.9% of the index btw!), Harvey being only 16 is certainly advantageous.

£2 well spent in my opinion.

• How many Liverpool attackers set high PB on a regular basis? When I looked into them it seemed clear that, because of the way they play, their full backs were the only big scorers. Strikers/wingers seemed to need to have the game of their life to stand a chance.

• @Alpilgrim Spot on! PB is as much about the system as it as about the player. As long as Klopp is there it's the full-backs, and particularly TAA due to set-pieces, that will always be the PB stars.

• This is partly the reason I was very eager to buy in as early as possible. Because, if you've actually SEEN Elliot play you will notice just how comfortable he is playing against men (Carabou cup) and not boys (ie. in under 23s games etc). You really wouldn't think he was only 16. He isn't at all afraid to run with the ball at people, a creative and ambitious midfielder that we are lacking when Ox doesn't play.

I have seen him play and he looks nothing special. I'd give him 50% chance he ever makes it as a decent premier League player.
    I take it you haven't SEEN Liverpool play much the last year if you think the in form team in world football is lacking something.

• @Liljoeyfritzl said in Harvey Elliot: Pump or dump?:

This is partly the reason I was very eager to buy in as early as possible. Because, if you've actually SEEN Elliot play you will notice just how comfortable he is playing against men (Carabou cup) and not boys (ie. in under 23s games etc). You really wouldn't think he was only 16. He isn't at all afraid to run with the ball at people, a creative and ambitious midfielder that we are lacking when Ox doesn't play.

I have seen him play and he looks nothing special. I'd give him 50% chance he ever makes it as a decent premier League player.
    I take it you haven't SEEN Liverpool play much the last year if you think the in form team in world football is lacking something.

I'm over the moon with how things are going at the moment of course, but the lack of clean sheets is a slight concern.
    Having 2 maurauding full-backs is brilliant to watch and scares the shit out of most opposition but it does leave us exposed at times. And do you think teams aren't going to start finding ways to nullify these threats eventually?

That's why I wouldnt be surprised if klopp changes it in the next 12 months or so. That's where the likes of Ox and Elliot will become more desirable in a creative midfield.

Isn't the shrewdest form of investing trying to predict the next trend/pattern ahead of everyone else?

Time will tell I guess

• @ScouseSte I agree, I think he will be picking up decent minutes within 18 months. Especially if Liverpool keep being as successful as they are, the games will carry on coming thick and fast.

• @ScouseSte I also agree with this, I really do think the best way to play against Liverpool is put runners in midfield and man mark the full backs. Very similar to what United did this season, however a lot of teams refuse to do it as they see it as a weird way of setting up, having to actually mark full backs. Liverpool at some stage will have to adapt, if people think teams are going to continually allow Liverpool's full backs half the pitch to run in to they're very naïve.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.