James Madison: The Man With No Ceiling?

• Or has he? Tenth most expensive player on the platform at minute. Posting regular decent PB scores in a team who look serious top 4 contenders. Possible England debut coming up. Bound to get transfer speculation on current form. Much to like about him. He's gone over £5 but there does seem like so much more to come. Anyone bold enough to call the ceiling on this dude?

• @Dalien-Smith said in James Madison: The Man With No Ceiling?:

Or has he? Tenth most expensive player on the platform at minute. Posting regular decent PB scores in a team who look serious top 4 contenders. Possible England debut coming up. Bound to get transfer speculation on current form. Much to like about him. He's gone over £5 but there does seem like so much more to come. Anyone bold enough to call the ceiling on this dude?

If he plays for England and does very well and is a regular feature, I see him being a £7 player like Sterling.

0_1573651743144_upload-60fb83f0-5297-4dc5-bb0f-0d3319238ee9

• @Londoner I'm hoping he gets 0 minutes for England again so there's a bit of a drop!

• @ChazFI123 said in James Madison: The Man With No Ceiling?:

@Londoner I'm hoping he gets 0 minutes for England again so there's a bit of a drop!

He had dropped to only 3p in the green a few weeks ago. I thought he was going to go into the red. He looks to be on the up again, but as you say, if he doesn't play, the flippers will do their flipping and he will drop.

• He's got a hope tomorrow of starting. No Henderson or Barkley. Debut beckons. If he makes an impression it could be timely with Euros round the corner. An England regular and surely he's then in the sights of the big clubs too. Transfer speculation and Euros involvement is the dream summer ticket. Got to get his debut first mind🤞

• @Londoner Leicester have got a good run for five games coming now. Should be the perfect cushion for holders after what will or won’t happen for England. In the next game or two he’ll be on 150 at half time again and people will buy like they didn’t know it before.

• Been with him since £1.25 as he ticks a whole lot of boxes; Young, creative, English, set pieces/dead balls, Penalties (if no Vardy) & plenty of top club admirers.

Dividend increase has yet to fully play out pricewise for players like him that can regularly threaten PB for both club & hopefully country, so throw transfer speculation in for free. Happy to hold at current levels & see just how far he can progress as he seems to keep improving month on month.

• Interesting December for Leicester. They could be right among it with this favourable set of fixtures and then they play Liverpool and Manchester city over Christmas. Team like Leicester could never win a title(🙄) but there's every chance they could be league leaders especially with Liverpool's world club commitments. Leicester players could get some serious media here.

• Maddison is massively on my radar at the moment, looking to move some money around from my port and deposit some too. Narrowed it down to Maddison, topping up on Depay or Werner. Edging towards the first two options though 🤔

• He looks a fine player, massive potential, but is he any better than Grealish? I don't hold either but don't see a great difference between the two other than the price.

• @KevT take a look at their PB scores

• @ChazFI123 Haha I knew that would be the response and already checked. But you would expect Maddison to score higher at Leicester than Grealish in a a newly promoted team finding their feet. Both players are expected to move so their current form won't really be relevant. At Man United I think there scores would be similar, and Grealish is a more achievable target.

• @ChazFI123 Also Maddison has 2 top midfielder wins, Grealish has 1. Maddison 1st MB 1 time, Grealish 2.

• @KevT I’m saying that the difference is price is because Maddison is posting regular 200+ scores and Grealish has posted over 200 what once? Not saying he never will, but right now people want to own players that are regular PB threats for now, not in 18 months or whatever

• The thing that worries me about Leicester is do they have enough squad depth to keep a run going over Christmas. Their first XI is solid, beyond that is questionable at best imo. Jamie Vardy can’t be playing every single game for example, he’s 32. And other players will get burnout if played 3 times in 10 days

• Poor guy, earns all those millions and cant even afford a home with a ceiling!!!! I hope it at least has a roof to keep him dry lol

• @Andy said in James Madison: The Man With No Ceiling?:

The thing that worries me about Leicester is do they have enough squad depth to keep a run going over Christmas. Their first XI is solid, beyond that is questionable at best imo. Jamie Vardy can’t be playing every single game for example, he’s 32. And other players will get burnout if played 3 times in 10 days

That's what people thought a few years ago but they defied the odds and won the Premier League. Still makes me happy thinking about it and I'm not a Leicester supporter. Probably the best thing to happen in the history of the Premier League. If they could qualify for the Champions League again it would be fantastic.

• @Andy to be honest the same can be said about Liverpool, few injuries in the wrong positions and they’re in trouble! If Ndidi, one of the centre backs or Vardy got injured for a while I think they’d be in big trouble. I think they might just be able to sneak by the easier games if they had a couple injuries, they’ve got a few players who can do a job, Fuchs, Gray, Chodury, Praet. Vardy is definitely the big one, but I think they’ll sign a striker in January maybe Edouard

• @Andy He won’t get burnout playing 3 games in ten days. Particularly a one off. If it was every week for six months it’s possible. But not otherwise.

• Gareth Southgate in a press conference yesterday on Madison.

“He’s a player of outstanding technical ability. He has an eye for an incisive pass, his set-play delivery is world class – absolutely top," he said.

If that's not a hint he's going to be in and on set pieces I don't know what is. A regular and a set piece taker. FI gold right there.