Eduardo Camavinga: The Price Is Wrong

• Mind blowing price Camavinga for a defensive midfielder. His PB is not going to be all that. Priced solely on a potential big move. Twitter is awash with comparisons to cheaper value players. I'd compare him with Lille's Soumare. Similar in style and links to Manchester United and other big clubs. Priced just over a pound and that's probably about the right price for this type of player right now. Soumare is 20 years old. A 3 year investment in him and you will have him from 20-23 years of age. Camavinga you would have from 17-20 years of age. Sure Camavinga is maybe ahead of development but surely over the duration of a 3 year bet he's no where near his prime.

So inflated this price. No substance to it. Seems crazy investment. Only regular transfer rumours will sustain it but he has been getting them in fairness. Maybe we are entering another phase of speculative hype driven non pb players. Maybe I should sell my Kroos shares and get on board🤔

• Isn’t it funny that everyone is coming out saying these things today. Before the IPO there wasn’t a whisper of negativity around Camavinga. It was all about people trying to get one over each other and seeing who could get in closest to the IPO. Just shows there’s not the community some people think with FI.

• @TeamGB Camavinga is a great player. Why would you knock him pre IPO. Today though he's £2.70 on the index. It's a bit of a head scratcher.

• @Dalien-Smith Yes but we all knew he would IPO £2+.

• @TeamGB said in Eduardo Camavinga: The Price Is Wrong:

@Dalien-Smith Yes but we all knew he would IPO £2+.

This is my thought. Everyone saw his IPO range and yet all the forum and twitter was going on about how him and Fati were the 2 they wanted. Now people don't like his price? Would they have been happy with £1.50? Or £2?

Paul Dummett is going to IPO at a similar price to what Jan Vertonghen is. IPOs are generally overpriced. If you don't like it, don't get involved?

• His PB scores are going to be closely followed now and his first game is going to have a massive impact on his price.

There are s lot of positives about him though, he's only 50p above his IPO price so is fairly well protected.

Taking about dividends, he's 17. He's got potentially 16 years of playing at the top level to come and is likely to win numerous dividends in that time, way more than his current price is I'd imagine. He's definitely going to pick up MB this season.

He's playing at a really high level already, getting numerous MoM awards this season and will get better.

He's already being hyped as one of the biggest talents in world football with Man Utd and Barca apparently fighting to sign him.

The comparisons to Kantes price are ridiculous IMO.

All I know is that in 3 years time Camavinga, will be priced much higher than what he is now and I wouldn't be surprised for him to be almost 50%higher by the summer.

• @Journey said in Eduardo Camavinga: The Price Is Wrong:

His PB scores are going to be closely followed now and his first game is going to have a massive impact on his price.

There are s lot of positives about him though, he's only 50p above his IPO price so is fairly well protected.

Taking about dividends, he's 17. He's got potentially 16 years of playing at the top level to come and is likely to win numerous dividends in that time, way more than his current price is I'd imagine. He's definitely going to pick up MB this season.

He's playing at a really high level already, getting numerous MoM awards this season and will get better.

He's already being hyped as one of the biggest talents in world football with Man Utd and Barca apparently fighting to sign him.

The comparisons to Kantes price are ridiculous IMO.

All I know is that in 3 years time Camavinga, will be priced much higher than what he is now and I wouldn't be surprised for him to be almost 50%higher by the summer.

Well put Sir. Great defence of his price. I don't share your enthusiasm but I can see where you are coming from.👍

• From the little I’ve seen of him he has a lot more to his game than just sitting in front of the defence. He’s a raw talent! Not a holder btw

• Let's pump him up, not knock him down. 🤫

The higher he goes the better for all of us. 💰

Especially because he's a mug DM 🤣 (did I just type that or think it 🤔)

• He's not overpriced, people are buying him. The comparisons are silly too... The lowest Camavinga can go is £2.25, some of these 90p players can drop as low as 10p which is a far greater risk.

I'm not interested in him cos as a non-pb player he isn't within my strategy. But mb chasers that believe he could have a sustained transfer saga and then further mb for being a young player potentially in a top team... Buying at 2.50-3 your risk is 25-75pps... Pretty small, he could easily return a lot of mb over the next couple of years.

Its easy to get dragged into comparison but you are comparing the wrong figure if solely concerned by current buy price. Arguably more important figures are potential drop (risk) potential divs (reward)

• The IPO price seems way too generous to Camavinga in my opinion. Guendouzi has already had the dream move from French obscurity to a decent premier League team. He's in the French national team. He has he ever been over £2?
    There maybe an opportunity here if the price adjusts to his realistic place in the market as has been pointed out whilst he hovers around the £2 bracket he presents little risk exposure. I'll reassess at the start of window fever.

• @Dalien-Smith Guendouzi is 20 and Camavinga has only just turned 17 (born November 2002!) - the younger, the more hype, hence the higher price

• @gloryhornet88 My point on Guendouzi is hes realised his hype. He's got the dream transfer from France. Call up to the national team. There's not much more he can do at that age career wise. If Camavinga got to a top team and a call up to the full national team he might not see much capital appreciation based on Guendouzis ascent to date.

• As someone who holds Soumare, I approve this post. Seriously though its such a big price for someone who has a max PB score of 156 in almost 30 games played, albeit he is really young. His price will steadily fall over the next couple of months like most of the others who have IPO’d.

I’d personally sell now and then buy back in before the inevitable summer transfer rumours.

• @gloryhornet88 said in Eduardo Camavinga: The Price Is Wrong:

@Dalien-Smith Guendouzi is 20 and Camavinga has only just turned 17 (born November 2002!) - the younger, the more hype, hence the higher price

@Dalien-Smith said in Eduardo Camavinga: The Price Is Wrong:

@gloryhornet88 My point on Guendouzi is hes realised his hype. He's got the dream transfer from France. Call up to the national team. There's not much more he can do at that age career wise. If Camavinga got to a top team and a call up to the full national team he might not see much capital appreciation based on Guendouzis ascent to date.

you're pretty much both right, which is one of the great things about the Index. Short term Camavinga has some 'mile-stoning' to do. if there's transfer spec (seems reasonable), then chance of MB divs, maybe even a good run of them.

Longer-term, Guendouzi seems a pretty close fit as a comparison. He's a couple of years older, still one of the highest rated and highest valued of his age. And he's £1.69 on the Index. Suitability to PB is one of the reasons he's valued at that.

So you can both be right 🙂