The danger of PB wins out of context

• Hi guys I just wanted to raise this with everyone as I think it's a big risk to people's investment strategies. There are a lot of ways to get hold of legacy PB wins and people will say xx player is 3rd best pb winner of all time etc. There is one huge problem with this and it's all about the ipo growth.

Back in september 2017 there were only 200 players on the index and there were a lot of days where a player would be the only midfielder or only forward etc. (I'm looking at you adnan januzaj) this meant it was incredibly easy for some players to pick up PB. Roll the clock forward to today and we have around 1500 players PB is far more competitive. I would suggest ignoring any PB stats pre november or even December when the population had got up to around 1000 players.

Rant over hope you find it helpful

• Pb win analysis becomes relevant from next season only in my book

• @mike778 said in The danger of PB wins out of context:

Pb win analysis becomes relevant from next season only in my book

I agree. We're also dealing with a small sample of games so far. Statistical significance will really kick in over a season of two (and even then will need to account for variables including tactics, lineups, and player transfers).