Dries Mertens

• Dries Mertens has a fairly low price considering he's the main man for Napoli (they are currently winning series A) and he's also going to be playing for Belgium in the World Cup. Can any of the more experienced members of the forum perhaps shed some light on why his price is particularly low (at £1.55) considering his qualities/where he will be playing in WC?

Thanks

• @Golfing-Grandad basically it's down to his pb scores. He will only win pb if he scores a hat trick or maybe a brace. Better strikers more likely to achieve pb. Basically the crux of it.

• @Noirx4 said in Dries Mertens:

@Golfing-Grandad basically it's down to his pb scores. He will only win pb if he scores a hat trick or maybe a brace. Better strikers more likely to achieve pb. Basically the crux of it.

Fair enough!

• His stats are pretty good played 32 scored 19 assists 9.......

• @Simon-j said in Dries Mertens:

His stats are pretty good played 32 scored 19 assists 9.......

That's what led me to ask the question. He's a very useful player and extremely cheap for a man of his standard, coupled with going to WC later this year. But Napoli have fallen in Europe so that may be the reason why?

• Possibly cos he's in the same side as insigne who's buzz scores are almost always higher than his even without a goal. Insigne touches the ball a ridiculous amount of time every game so mertens has to at least score to usually keep up or beat him.

• I hold Mertens. He tends to fluctuate nicely to be able to buy when he's low and sell when he's high. I'm keeping hold of him until he has barnstormer of a weekend which he is capable of. I reckon he could jump up 30p a share if he wins a PB. He's a fairly popular player because people know he is capable of hitting PB's on a good week. I'm not sure he'll be as effective at the World Cup as he will be played out wide.

• He is a foreign player so will not collect MB as he does not play in England so will not be in the papers. He is also an older player so has less years ahead of him to collect dividends. Players value goes down with age. He is not 22 like Sterling is.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.