Advice

• ive managed to sell off a few youngsters to get a few more PB players and get my holds down to 62 players...ideally i want to get to 50 players. is there anyone on this list who stands out as a 'must sell' or literally has nothing going for them? or someone who has completely peaked. would appreciate your views. for the record Brewster has been on my sell queue for 2 weeks - i shouldve instant sold)

Sterling, Mbappe, CHO, Foden, Havertz, Abraham, Mount, D.James, Brewster, B.Fernandes, Saka, B.Silva, Oyarzabal, Chiesa, Tielemans, Malen, M.Dembele, R.Sessegnen, Nketiah, Gilmour, Olmo, Parrott, Willock, Van de Beek, Kulusevski, Boadu, Neres, Rashica, Szoboszlai, McNeil, M.Thuram, Brekalo, Haller, Barella, Kang-in, Isak, Duncan, Hagi, Gordon, Reine-Adelaide, Ikone, Weah, Mateta, Bernardeschi, Daka, Pinamonti, Cuisance, Lukebakio, Gaetano, T.Hernandez, M.Edwards, Kownacki, Bennetts, McEachran, D.Sterling, Barisic, Kluivert, B.Mendy, Bernat, Gaya, Fekir, Fati

• @G27
    That's a long list so I'll give you my thoughts on 2 that I have recently ditched: Brekalo and Fekir.

Brekalo: Sure, he is young and if you keep him for 3 years you may well do well with him. However, I sold up several weeks ago as I lost patience with him and couldn't see him delivering anything in the short-term. Wolfsburg are in a terrible run of form which they will probably turn around but Brekalo is often hooked after 60/70 mins when he actually gets a start. Not going to win PB playing 2/3 of each game.

Fekir: Historically has had some good PB scores I believe. However, Betis are pretty awful and unlikely to deliver much in the short term. Doesn't feature much for France either and spends most of his time warming the bench. If Betis do get relegated then good chance he gets a move and you'll see some MB returns.

In short. I ditched them both because at £1.30ish and £1.70ish respectively, I felt that money was better invested elsewhere. Just my opinion of course!

• While everyone is busy selling youngsters, I'm busy buying certain members of them.

My advice to you is "always do the opposite of what the market is doing" when the tide changes, you stand to benefit the most.

The games all about patience. 👍

You can either listen, or ignore me.

• @G27 You’ve obviously been too youth heavy recently. But you’ve definitely weathered all or if not the vast majority of these drops now.
    Don’t see the benefit of ditching these young players now as they’re starting to look decent value again.

• @G27 Haller sticks out for me. Maybe Mount too, just dont think either can smash the PB matrix. Both have probably dropped to about their proper price, possibly further downwards for Mount?
    I bought Mount at his peak when I didnt understand FI, because he is such a great footballer, but cant see how he will return enough divs in reality. Maybe I'm just bitter at the big loss I took!!

• @G27 my question is why do you only want 50? I set myself a 40 limit when I started but that meant I was selling players I valued as good investment just to jump on another target.

In short I ditched the 40 limit and have as many or as few as I see value in

• appreciate all the comments thankyou - i too believe the youngsters will have their day again so dont want to ditch them all. its about finding that balance, dont want to miss the boat on the players rising by holding onto players for too long but the youngsters do seem to be levelling out a bit.

in reference to particular players Brekalo, Fekir, Haller, Mount...out of those i was considering selling Mount and Haller... however i havent yet as i feel they are possibly in the next category to make steady rises. i'm worried Haller will go on a run and break into the france team...wishfull thinking. with Fekir - they top their europa league group which is why ive been reluctant but looking at Brekalo i can see the reasoning behind selling him.

its a very good point re:limiting players, i guess there are just a few examples of players if missed steadiliy decreasing in value because i'm trying to follow too many.

• @Timothee-Atouba @Ericali

what would your advice on Brewster be? and also the arsenal youngsters?

• @G27 said in Advice:

with Fekir - they top their europa league group

Fekir is at Real Betis who aren't in the Europa League :)

• @janner73
    oh dear...i think i was having a mad moment!

• @G27 Lol!

• @TotalPunt
    Wouldn’t really classify him as a great footballer personally 😂

• @G27 said in Advice:

@Timothee-Atouba @Ericali

My advice on Brewster is as long as he's not playing (and playing rubbish when he does) he can't really get much lower. He's dropped from £3.80.

If he scores in the next League Cup match he could rise by 30-50p. If he doesn't, he stays around the £2.20 mark on future potential for pre-season/next season.

The Arsenal youngsters are a little different & it could hinge on whether they sack Emery & who the new manager could be. While he is in charge they should get plenty of Europa game time.

An incoming Mourinho will be bad news for their share price.

Regarding Fekir - why would you sell when he's on such as low? 🤔 He was £2.20 in September prior to the dividends increase & a whopping £2.63 in June.

The time to sell was then, not now - if you are selling now you are virtually selling at the bottom of the trough. It doesn't make financial sense.....

Historically, he's a decent PB hold. Wait for him & Betis to hit at bit of form & if you want to sell him, sell him when he's hitting a peak. 👍

Now is the time to buy Fekir.

• @NewUser69589 Should have said potentially great...definitely has all the attributes

• @Ericali
    I don't disagree with your point on Fekir that if you don't own him currently, now is a good time to buy as he's unlikely to go much lower.

However, in answer to your question, you would sell him on such a low if you believe you can use that money elsewhere and make a better return than just leaving those funds sat in Fekir. Depending on what price you bought him, you could make up that loss and more by selling him and investing in someone else. Not sure Fekir's price will rise dramatically in the next 2/3/4 weeks so you could make your money work for you somewhere else and then reinvest in Fekir once you're happy with that return.

• @Vaughany but isn't that the case on most? 🤔

You could look on today's drop list & say you can make the money work better for you elsewhere & they are decreasing in value?

I personally, like to buy on the drop list. Or when somebody has had a sustained drop... Like Fekir has (90p) but there are many other examples - then buy when they have hit or are near the bottom.

I don't mind waiting a few months if I can make a 30% return on an asset.

• @G27 said in Advice:

@Timothee-Atouba @Ericali

Can’t believe I’m saying this. Almost exactly what Eric has said!

• in the case of Liverpool, they have an obvious point coming up where their younglings will be involved.

• @G27 said in Advice:

ive managed to sell off a few youngsters to get a few more PB players and get my holds down to 62 players...ideally i want to get to 50 players. is there anyone on this list who stands out as a 'must sell' or literally has nothing going for them? or someone who has completely peaked. would appreciate your views. for the record Brewster has been on my sell queue for 2 weeks - i shouldve instant sold)

Sterling, Mbappe, CHO, Foden, Havertz, Abraham, Mount, D.James, Brewster, B.Fernandes, Saka, B.Silva, Oyarzabal, Chiesa, Tielemans, Malen, M.Dembele, R.Sessegnen, Nketiah, Gilmour, Olmo, Parrott, Willock, Van de Beek, Kulusevski, Boadu, Neres, Rashica, Szoboszlai, McNeil, M.Thuram, Brekalo, Haller, Barella, Kang-in, Isak, Duncan, Hagi, Gordon, Reine-Adelaide, Ikone, Weah, Mateta, Bernardeschi, Daka, Pinamonti, Cuisance, Lukebakio, Gaetano, T.Hernandez, M.Edwards, Kownacki, Bennetts, McEachran, D.Sterling, Barisic, Kluivert, B.Mendy, Bernat, Gaya, Fekir, Fati

I got rid of Isak to get on Camavinga. Yes, Isak has won top forward once but his pb scores are shocking. He's more of an out and out striker. Camavinga as a defensive/attacking MF is much more involved in a game and will hopefully score goals and improve with age.

• @Londoner said in Advice:

I got rid of Isak to get on Camavinga.

Isnt that basically getting rid of one over-hyped kid to get on another over-hyped kid??
    Camavinga's PB scores are also poor so unless he moves further forward into a more creative role it's just swapping a poor PB player for a poor PB player?