The next heir to the FI throne

• A comment in another discussion got me thinking,

Who is going to take over from Ronaldo and Messi?

Not including Neymer, who has the ability and potential profile to become a Global Superstar?

• @MrYaio

The media generally loves strikers, so Mbappe and Dembele both have potential. Other MB kings will depend on making a move to England, in which case Timo Werner would be well placed.

• Sessegnon

• @MrYaio Jean Kevin Augustin. Just ask Lionel Messi.

• Mo Salah he's unstoppable

• @playingcards1 Is that the Dembele at Barca?

• @Stubborn-old I agree with you, I think he has a big transfer coming up

• @Stevo If he has Messi backing he must be good, will look into him more

• @Noirx4 Think he will be great at the World cup and transfer speculation throughout the summer

• @MrYaio just started getting in the Leipzig team regularly. Scored in last few games. Only 20 I think.

• KdB or SMS.
    Anyone you can abbreviate to three letters basically.

• @CleanShirtTrader JpM? (James Philip Milner)

• @Ozzlebert said in The next heir to the FI throne:

@CleanShirtTrader JpM? (James Philip Milner)

Minus one if you had to google that.
    Minus two if you knew it already.

• @CleanShirtTrader I googled it. I expected it to be a bit more dull.

• @Ozzlebert said in The next heir to the FI throne:

@CleanShirtTrader I googled it. I expected it to be a bit more dull.

'Keith'.

• Exactly. Maybe a Nigel? I was disappointed. I suppose thats appropriate.

• My prediction is nobody .... at least in the short-term

Messi and Ronaldo have dominated world football for 10 years. Someone isn't going to walk in and just be the new world superstar. Maradona was the undisputed world superstar around the 80s to maybe early 90s but there was a gap between him and the Messi/Ronaldo era where we didn't have the equivalent. Zidane was truly world class but it wasn't the same.

• Does the top player have to be best in the world to take Neymars throne? Kane was number one for a few hours other day... where would you pitch someone who was the ultimate media to even till Neymar for example I have a one World name Gazza... where would Paul Gascogne be in relation to Neymar going into a World Cup or even Beckham? Or Lineker where would Ginola be, T Henry or Eric cantona? Or even when Cantona went from Leeds to Manchester could you imagine that hype and how crazy the buy in would of been? Then there’s Shearer so maybe a king to the throne just needs to be one of these type of players all diverse and different to Neymar or Messi but all who lighted up the English top tier., then there was sherringham to Man U and Klinsman doing the dive bomber after German World Cup at Spurs I’m not sure if we still have these characters has much in our index? You think any of the above mentioned could hold the throne?

• @Chicken-Badge said in The next heir to the FI throne:

Does the top player have to be best in the world to take Neymars throne? Kane was number one for a few hours other day... where would you pitch someone who was the ultimate media to even till Neymar for example I have a one World name Gazza... where would Paul Gascogne be in relation to Neymar going into a World Cup or even Beckham? Or Lineker where would Ginola be, T Henry or Eric cantona? Or even when Cantona went from Leeds to Manchester could you imagine that hype and how crazy the buy in would of been? Then there’s Shearer so maybe a king to the throne just needs to be one of these type of players all diverse and different to Neymar or Messi but all who lighted up the English top tier., then there was sherringham to Man U and Klinsman doing the dive bomber after German World Cup at Spurs I’m not sure if we still have these characters has much in our index? You think any of the above mentioned could hold the throne?

It depends what the question is.

Given they referred to Messi/Ronaldo, I took it as the heir to their title as the undisputed stars - who will naturally hold a strong position in the index perpetually now that PB is a thing. The actual number 1 on the index will fluctuate.

Gazza would almost certainly be top of the index if he played now and was in the Prem - same with Beckham and probably Cantona whilst at United. Shearer and Lineker would be like Kane probably - generally near the top but without the personality to dominate.

• You answered the question the way I read it. I was going off the title of heir to the FI throne has in the ability to be number one in future but was asking it in a retrospective way I guess so I bring the characters of the past and a few names who are in same bracket of the ability to create traders money to having the right to be at top. Sorry I didn’t make it clear however you still answered it the way I meant it to be put hence the upvote because I wasn’t clear but your answer I agree with and see it the same way. On top of that someone could come in with more media value than ability. But has a trader finding the name Who creates the most does seem key has we’re looking to make money from the Best Buy and find the cash making superstar of the future

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.