Salah & Van Dijk

• Just wanted to start a genuine discussion and get others thoughts on what the future holds price-wise for these two although Im definitely more interested in thoughts about salah. I hold both and while obviously ive been on here long enough to know you have to be patient, ultimately salah has dropped roughly 85p a share in 3 months and im now in the red by a couple of pence (my divs won are still greater). Im still holding salah as i personally still see him turning it round in the next few months and winning plenty of divs with a possible title on the way but wanted to know if others feel the same or have already got rid with reasons for both. As for van dijk i feel his drop is a bit of a correction as it took him winning pfa player etc. to get to £3.20 and he has to compete for pb with TAA. Its just unfortunate that that means my cap app on him has disappeared. Im gonna hold for future mb but think his price will be fairly static for a while now (apart from a small bounce near ballon d'or time) but again would love to hear others thoughts

• Banned

I sold Salah a while back because I needed to release funds for household bill type stuff and I thought he was at a peak.
    I would buy back in at his current price if I had the money.

• I'd buy Salah & Van Dijk if I was operating at that end of the market. Both on drops.... It fits with my criteria to purchase.

Both are still a decent age. Van Dijk is probably the best defender in the world & Salah is probably Liverpool's best forward.

• I bought VVD at his peak unfortunately. I'm going to hold until Balon D'or and World Club Cup and then might try to get out if he gets near that price again. Can see potential MB only...I was hoping he might sneak a PB but TAA is a machine. As for Holland and a Euro hold, I think they've gone a little backwards since Nations League. Very poor against NI in both games. Don't know for certain if they will go deep in Euros.

• @Ericali said in Salah & Van Dijk:

I'd buy Salah & Van Dijk if I was operating at that end of the market. Both on drops.... It fits with my criteria to purchase.

Both are still a decent age. Van Dijk is probably the best defender in the world & Salah is probably Liverpool's best forward.

Have to disagree that Salah is Lfc's best forward, at times he is the spearhead for the attack, but take him out of the lineup and the other two are still capable of performing. Take firmino or mane out of the lineup and the team as a whole and the front 3 are a very different beast and quite often dont look as threatening

• @Ddr said in Salah & Van Dijk:

@Ericali said in Salah & Van Dijk:

I'd buy Salah & Van Dijk if I was operating at that end of the market. Both on drops.... It fits with my criteria to purchase.

Have to disagree that Salah is Lfc's best forward, at times he is the spearhead for the attack, but take him out of the lineup and the other two are still capable of performing. Take firmino or mane out of the lineup and the team as a whole and the front 3 are a very different beast and quite often dont look as threatening

Game of opinions....

I'd say Mane was the man in form but is way behind Salah as a MB & PB hold.

Bobby is a good "real life" player but doesn't score many goals & isn't really a good football index hold.

He's the sort of player who could benefit from a matrix review that they implement from "time to time"

Isn't that right @ScouseSte ? 🤔

• @Ericali apologies, didn't have my fi thinking hat on, I was talking about real life and the game in general, not on here as you obviously were lol

My point being, mane and firmino can perform whoever's playing alongside them, whereas salah needs the other two to be able to perform imo, but this isn't something that I believe is shown within their prices because of the reasons you say, firmino is great as an all round forward but never prolific, and Salah tends to grab the headlines over mane

• Both were my biggest holds and before the start of the season I sold up all my Salah and half my VVD. Given both players had a fair bit of MB built into thier price and market confidence in MB is low at present it's hard to see any upwards movement in the short term unless either get a few PB wins.

Where I see potential for growth is next year, the further they progress in the champions League and the closer they get to a league title the more every game becomes a focus. Over the summer VVD has the Euros to maintain price but Salah could become dorment for a long period unless he becomes the focus of transfer spec.

• @Ericali said in Salah & Van Dijk:

@Ddr said in Salah & Van Dijk:

@Ericali said in Salah & Van Dijk:

Game of opinions....

I'd say Mane was the man in form but is way behind Salah as a MB & PB hold.

Bobby is a good "real life" player but doesn't score many goals & isn't really a good football index hold.

He's the sort of player who could benefit from a matrix review that they implement from "time to time"

Isn't that right @ScouseSte ? 🤔

What the platform needs now is at least a 12 - 18 month period of stability - so absolutely NO changes to the matrix.
    You can't keep moving the goalposts all the time just to try and accommodate one or two players that aren't quite as valuable on the index as they are to the team they play for.
    We know there will be a dividend review annually and that is fine. It's extremely unlikely to be a decrease in payouts and will probably result in no increase next time round (unless prices rocket across the board for some inexplicable reason).
    The next major change forecast is order books, which have been promised for a while now. I think it's practical to wait until after the Euros and after the order books are introduced (guaranteed to have issues/problems initially and also may effect trading habits/strategies) before implementing any other minor/major changes.

We could potentially be using this current PB matrix for another 2 seasons, so I would suggest it's worthwhile buying into the players that are or WILL benefit from it if they play well.

Current top Fwd:
    MESSI - killing it because of dribbles now rewarded as well as him being on free kicks/pens and generally brilliant.

Current top Mid:
    KROOS - absolute machine for club AND country. Last night a prime example.

Current top Def: TAA - an awesome talent who consequently sees a lot of the ball and does a lot of attacking, plus on corners and freekicks.

These players are all at the top of their game and are subsequently being JUSTIFIABLY REWARDED by the matrix. When they start underperforming, their prices will stagnate or drop a bit whilst other players then win the PB on offer.

I don't hear too many people complaining about the matrix except those that don't hold the ones currently winning from it. Simple answer is to get involved and earn some divs and capital appreciation too! 👍

• @ScouseSte I think what you mean is YOU want 18-24 months of stability.....

Unfortunately, Football Index has at no point in their four year history has had such a elongated time period without making substantial changes to the platform.

They have to evolve.

But you can live in hope..... (or the dark) 👍

• Back to the op question, I sold vvd recently after a prolonged decline but still had 20% profit on him.
    I think he’s probably the lowest he’ll be now and can see him rising. I sold to get on TAA .
    I still hold Salah and am in small profit, he really needs a few games to score consecutively and a pb or mb win just to break the downward spiral he’s in.
    I can see him leaving next season IF Liverpool win the league and that’s my exit point

• Btw just see vvd has pulled out of the squad for tomorrow due to personal reasons

• Job done. Back to Liverpool. Was probably planned given the December they'll have.