PB advice required please

• Hi all,

Have been around for just over a year or so, on and off, and only just starting to try and strategise a little more around dividends. The PB dividends are a whole new world for me which I havent explored yet.

So a few weeks ago (shouldve been a month earlier!!) I decided to go "big" (for me anyway) with 2.5k on a few guys after a small bit of research. I was just hoping to have a discussion with any positive affirmations, constructive criticisms, any pitfalls to be aware of, and just any useful information all round.

With that said, this is what I've gone for (all purchased on 4th November) :

TAA, 5.99 (+81p), x50,
    Kroos, 4.23 (+20p), x50
    Memphis, 4.36 (+20p), x50
    Pulgar, 2.36 (-27p), x100 (🙈)
    Kimmich, 4.26 (+22p), x50
    De Bruyne, 5.49 (-11p), x50
    Fabian Ruiz, 3.11 (-4p), x50
    Klostermann, 0.92 (+22p), x100
    Gundogan, 1.77 (-22p), x100 (🙉)
    Rashica, 1.75 (-2p), x100
    Luis Alberto 3.08 (+12p), x50
    T Hazard 1.90 (+7p), x50

Then with the final £100, took a punt on Petagna @ 93p (x100) for the SPAL vs Sampdoria match and got stung badly by the sub who scored Sampdoria's late winner! So hes down to 73p and not sure what to do with him (I wanted to use that cash for quick match day IPD and potential PB flips on bronze/silver days).

I felt like I could do more with the 2.5k here as opposed to sitting dormant in a bank, and with the recent dividend increase I thought I would give it a crack. But this is all new territory to me!

Any advice, affirmations, criticisms etc all welcome.

Thanks!

• @Leclerc said in PB advice required please:

Hi all,

Have been around for just over a year or so, on and off, and only just starting to try and strategise a little more around dividends. The PB dividends are a whole new world for me which I havent explored yet.

So a few weeks ago (shouldve been a month earlier!!) I decided to go "big" (for me anyway) with 2.5k on a few guys after a small bit of research. I was just hoping to have a discussion with any positive affirmations, constructive criticisms, any pitfalls to be aware of, and just any useful information all round.

With that said, this is what I've gone for (all purchased on 4th November) :

TAA, 5.99 (+81p), x50,
    Kroos, 4.23 (+20p), x50
    Memphis, 4.36 (+20p), x50
    Pulgar, 2.36 (-27p), x100 (🙈)
    Kimmich, 4.26 (+22p), x50
    De Bruyne, 5.49 (-11p), x50
    Fabian Ruiz, 3.11 (-4p), x50
    Klostermann, 0.92 (+22p), x100
    Gundogan, 1.77 (-22p), x100 (🙉)
    Rashica, 1.75 (-2p), x100
    Luis Alberto 3.08 (+12p), x50
    T Hazard 1.90 (+7p), x50

Then with the final £100, took a punt on Petagna @ 93p (x100) for the SPAL vs Sampdoria match and got stung badly by the sub who scored Sampdoria's late winner! So hes down to 73p and not sure what to do with him (I wanted to use that cash for quick match day IPD and potential PB flips on bronze/silver days).

I felt like I could do more with the 2.5k here as opposed to sitting dormant in a bank, and with the recent dividend increase I thought I would give it a crack. But this is all new territory to me!

Any advice, affirmations, criticisms etc all welcome.

Thanks!

Petagna's pb average is appalling. Yes, he's won top forward once (probably on a single match day). Get rid IMO.

0_1573998657020_upload-2b870f50-2a99-4929-b34d-f4b91dc35637

• @Londoner, wow that is a bad average! His current IS @ 69p would result in a just over 25 quid loss, which hurts for sure! Im certain that cash can be better used for different IPD and daily PB flips but that loss has dented my confidence in choosing the next one with that cash!

Do you have any opinions on the other guys?

Thanks

• @Leclerc There may be a better opportunity to market sell Petagna in a weeks time rather than IS.
    SPAL are home to Genoa on Monday 25th as one of only two PB games - the other being Villa v Newcastle. I would guess you would be able to market sell him somewhere in the lead up to that game.

• @janner73, Thanks for that! I knew Genoa were up next for them but had no idea they were only 1 of 2 PB eligible games that day

@Londoner, wow that is a bad average! His current IS @ 69p would result in a just over 25 quid loss, which hurts for sure! Im certain that cash can be better used for different IPD and daily PB flips but that loss has dented my confidence in choosing the next one with that cash!

Do you have any opinions on the other guys?

Thanks

The others are good, except maybe Rashica is not on form and his average isn't much better than Petagna. You can see his last 5 scores below. You may want to swap him for someone in form.

0_1574034987604_upload-991c2ff1-27e0-49a9-9fe1-38d515e8c885

• @Londoner, Thanks for the info (I have never used these stats websites before). I do like Rashica as a player and bought a few when he was 80p last season and sold at 1.20 for a bit of Cap app, and is still quite young in a PB league, but who do you think I can realistically replace him with (similar price, 100 shares or so) if I was to replace him?

Also, going through the Gundogan thread yesterday gave me some affirmation to hold tight on him even though Im 23p down! Would you (or others reading) keep him?

Any personal opinions on Pulgar too?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, just want to make sure I give myself the best chance for PB and learn along the way!

Thanks

• This post is deleted!

@Londoner, Thanks for the info (I have never used these stats websites before). I do like Rashica as a player and bought a few when he was 80p last season and sold at 1.20 for a bit of Cap app, and is still quite young in a PB league, but who do you think I can realistically replace him with (similar price, 100 shares or so) if I was to replace him?

Also, going through the Gundogan thread yesterday gave me some affirmation to hold tight on him even though Im 23p down! Would you (or others reading) keep him?

Any personal opinions on Pulgar too?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, just want to make sure I give myself the best chance for PB and learn along the way!

Thanks

You're doing well. Your port is good apart from the couple I highlighted. Pulgar is among the many good players in your port. I contributed to the Gundogan thread and advised to stick with him and most of the other posters had similar views.

As for a cheap replacement for Rashica, this pb focused thread should help: https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/13829/pb-players

• @Londoner, thank you for your help. You're a star mate.

With Rashica, Im leaning more towards maybe getting a couple more full backs, especially after going through the forums. Possibly Jose Gaya or Rafa Guerrero

• @Leclerc

Your portfolio is looking really good. You own quite a few of the players many people would like at this time (TAA, Kroos, Depay, Kimmich etc.).

I think I'd prefer 100 futures in four players than 50 in eight players but that is a personal preference. Some people like to spread the risk and give themselves more chances of winning, while others accept they might win less often but like to try and win bigger when their players do earn dividends. There isn't a right or wrong method and I think if these two options were offered in a poll, opinion would certainly be divided!

• @Boris999, thanks! I really appreciate your input. I was considering more futures and less players but then wussed out and decided to spread the risk. More Kroos' would have been nice yesterday!

Out of interest, do you play with IPDs (an overnight game or the 30 day period, either way)? Im still trying to work out the most efficient of ways.

Thanks

@Boris999,

Out of interest, do you play with IPDs (an overnight game or the 30 day period, either way)? Im still trying to work out the most efficient of ways.

Thanks

I personally don't. The overnight game seems too volatile for my liking (plus you are forced into staying up late!). Neither do I buy with the intention of earning IPDs for 30 days and then selling up. A common view is that it works best with good cheap players but I don't tend to buy at that end of the market (my cheapest player is currently Laporte at about £1.75).

I treat IPDs as a welcome bonus on the first 30 days of longer term investments. They can make some good money. I sometimes buy players slightly sooner than I was planning if they score or assist multiple times in one game to catch them that day for the IPDs but that's about it for me. This is only one perspective though and there are people on here that frequently flip successfully and profitably.

• @Boris999, cheers. I attempted an overnight game with Petagna and lost out quite a bit! Considering selling the 100 to buy maybe 50 Immobiles for some IPD as a little tester, but still unsure how to tackle ot best! I guess a bit of patience would also help me from time to time. It gets so easy to over-trade!