100% dividend return?

• I was wondering if any traders have had a 100% dividend return on one of their players or are close to that milestone?

With the new dividend structure, is it likely that we'll see this happen on a few occasions this year with some random dross/cheap player?

I know it is extremely unlikely but it could happen if a player in the 15p - 20p range somehow wins star man on a Gold Day, plus some IPDs (if you are lucky enough to buy at the right time) which would return 16/17/18p in dividends. If that's too unlikely, an alternative scenario could be that the player could pick up a couple of wins on a Bronze and Sliver Day.....

I'm not suggesting it's a viable trading strategy as you're counting almost entirely on luck. That said, just interested to hear if anyone has returned 100% in dividends or is close and in what price range.

• Not yet but it’s something I keep an eye on. My closest are:

Harry Maguire - bought at £1.03, has returned 60p in divs (58%)

Virgil Van Dijk - bought at £1.09, has returned 54p in divs (49.5%)

Paul Pogba - bought at £3.87, has returned £1.79 in divs (46%)

I’m reasonably confident these three will all reach 100% before the three year hold comes to an end.

• Impressive stuff. I almost went for Kroos in the summer when he was £1.50ish. Anyone who bought him around that time (or earlier) must be licking their lips. His potential PB dividend return between now and the end of Euro 2020 is incredible.

• @Vaughany said in 100% dividend return?:

Impressive stuff. I almost went for Kroos in the summer when he was £1.50ish. Anyone who bought him around that time (or earlier) must be licking their lips. His potential PB dividend return between now and the end of Euro 2020 is incredible.

0_1574084661240_upload-eb096edd-ebd0-4b10-acca-7bf1cbe6f496

Bought him around May time and I was actually 20p down on him for most of the summer.

• Nearly...

Joan Jordan. Bought at 17p. 14p divs so far (82%).

Lionel Messi. Bought at £3.28. £1.89 divs so far (58%). 16 months remaining on the 3 year hold.

No doubt there will be an unknown chancer who returns 50%+ in a single day. I think there was a cheap defender leading yesterday if I remember correctly? Can't remember hs name though.. 17p or something..

• @Chris-J
    Why would you show me this?!?!? I'm going to go cry in to my tea. ;)
    Well played pal.

• I had a 34% dividend return from Neymar in the 9 months I owned him, from January to September. If I'd held for the full 3 years, I'm confident that he'd have hit 100%.

Also I bought into Gylfi Sigurdsson (80p) on Saturday and yesterday he won 8p in PB and 1p from IPD. That's an 11% dividend return in less than 48 hours - which if he can keep it up over the full three years would equate to over 6,000%!

• @Vaughany It is very rare I get a chance to show off so in true gamblers style I had to grab the opportunity!

I can show you plenty of players in the red if it helps with the tears?

• @Chris-J

FI should post that on twitter or on billboards as an example of how much money a real trader can make. I honestly believe a picture like that would be more effective in getting new customers to sign up then a lot of the marketing they currently use. Class returns.

• @Chris-J
    No thanks, I have plenty of those in my own portfolio to stare at as it is.....

• @Metropolis
    You got Joan Jordan at 17p.!!
    How (and when)?

• @Vaughany That was his IPO price so must have been the first person on!

• @Vaughany May/ June 2018 from memory. Pre share split so he was actually 51p in old money.

Those sort of players were bargains back then. Very little appreciation for them. Everyone was buying Salah, Neymar and Pogba for MB.

In fact, that was before the Pogba MB rush. Remember him priced at £5.50 (£1.83 in todays money). Thought he was overpriced ! 🤦‍♂️ I'm sure there's people who bought back then who have made a killing on him.

• Had over 50% dividend returns on Pogba before I sold him. Depends on the player but in most cases, you'd need to hold for quite a long time to get 100% dividend return. Definitely possible though. 100% capital appreciation is more achievable. I have it on TAA and Sancho.

• https://twitter.com/Martinoregan86/status/1125743194409394176/photo/1

Held Pogba from very early days. Topping up along the way. He is my first and only 100% div returner. No one else even close. FI Legend. He was my first success story on here and hopefully he'll continue to keep on giving.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.