Media buzz award

• Does anyone actually like this mb award? Bearing in mind I have won a fair few times in 3 weeks with Pogba so it's not sour grapes I just think it's a bit daft /gimmicky, would it not make more sense to ditch this and award pb for 1st 2nd and 3rd best in each position?

• I love it - I enjoy making money on FI and MB is by far the easiest way to do so. Plus there's the fact that it's what the whole concept was originally based on, PB was just added in long after, so it would be a strange decision to remove it (and probably legally difficult given all the bets they've accepted based on it existing for the duration of a three-year period for each future bought). Also what would there be to play for on non-matchdays without media dividends?

• @BL__FI ahh I didn't know that I presumed it was other way round and mb was added later. Jesus musta been a weird index with just mb must only have been 10 players with any value

• @Simon-j it was basically man Utd players won every day more or less. Zlatan was the top dog.

• With the limited number of players that win MB you should be aiming to win 5 days out of 7 if you invest in 3-4 MB players. For me it is like putting £10 on Man city to beat West Brom but you can keep your stake if you lose! Easiest money to make on here, but you do have to pay for it as all the MB players are expensive as they are the closest thing to guaranteed money on FI.

• @Simon-j you'd basically cry through the summer as nothing to play for except MB. Not enough PB days to keep people excited

• @Simon-j said in Media buzz award:

Does anyone actually like this mb award? Bearing in mind I have won a fair few times in 3 weeks with Pogba so it's not sour grapes I just think it's a bit daft /gimmicky, would it not make more sense to ditch this and award pb for 1st 2nd and 3rd best in each position?

Personally I would absolutely love it if they binned off PB and have triple media every day. Looking forward to the two weeks of triple media coming up.

Media is the easiest way to make money on the index as it is so predictable. I'm not sure why anyone would be on the platform if they don't want to make money but each to their own I guess.

• @Noirx4 I hadn't considered that

• @mike778 Know what your saying bit it would not have grown in the way it has if they didn't introduce PB as it would be so boring just collecting MB on the sea players day in day out, there would be much less reason to flip players, the top 10 players would so ridiculously expensive new it would put the average Joe off going as they simply couldn't afford to. it is good to have more of a variation in how you can win cash.

• @SMacFI totally agree. The variety makes it interesting because you can buy someone for 40p that no one has ever heard of that has a stormer in the Europa league and their price shoots up. With media buzz that could never happen unless the low prices players were linked with a transfer and even then they'd only really win media buzz if the link was to man u.

• With the references to "boring" and "predictable" MB, I think there are a few people here that didnt experience the transfer window last summer. Check out the price trend graphs for players like James, Morata, Lukaku, Griezmann, Bale, Neymar...

It was insane. The volatility was something else and vast sums could be won or lost in minutes. Everything since September has helped stabilise the Index (which was definitely needed) but it's taken away some of the edge-of-your-seat excitement. I'm interested to see if it goes so crazy this summer.

• Does anyone actually know how the media buzz scores are calculated by the way? There's seems to be no rhyme or reason just random. One thing scores 20 points, another 140 points.

• @BL__FI said in Media buzz award:

I love it - I enjoy making money on FI and MB is by far the easiest way to do so. Plus there's the fact that it's what the whole concept was originally based on, PB was just added in long after, so it would be a strange decision to remove it (and probably legally difficult given all the bets they've accepted based on it existing for the duration of a three-year period for each future bought). Also what would there be to play for on non-matchdays without media dividends?

Legally difficult makes no sense if to do this is ligally difficult how can they add 1800 edditional runners and riders after bets was placed?

• @Stevo Not exact numbers but I believe each 'buzz' word has a certain points number (would be nice if this was available) but if we take Salah today, 160pts- article states 'WINS player of the month AWARD' say 80pts each? Lower down article 'lands player of the month AWARD' 80pts, 0 for lands as it's not a buzz word, 2 articles same theme but different scores. That's my best guess :-D

• @AT10 ah ok thanks. That makes sense but just seemed totally random to me. I know very positive articles are worth more but wasn't sure who exactly.

• @Chicken-Badge said in Media buzz award:

@BL__FI said in Media buzz award:

I love it - I enjoy making money on FI and MB is by far the easiest way to do so. Plus there's the fact that it's what the whole concept was originally based on, PB was just added in long after, so it would be a strange decision to remove it (and probably legally difficult given all the bets they've accepted based on it existing for the duration of a three-year period for each future bought). Also what would there be to play for on non-matchdays without media dividends?

Legally difficult makes no sense if to do this is ligally difficult how can they add 1800 edditional runners and riders after bets was placed?

Because when PB was introduced they said they would be adding squad players so all bets will have been made knowing this. Before PB came in they had the disclaimer of speculative bets before details had been finalised would be at traders risk.

Whereas MB they stated will always be in and always be top 200. Changing this would be a breach of contract.

For this reason, changing scoring system could be problematic.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.