Same household accounts

• With a portflio that concentrated on Europa league and champions league non PB leagues as well as goalkeepers i have seem a stagnation/ decrease to my portolio in recent weeks. I have noticed that liquidity at the bottom end of the market and goalkeepers especially is really holding back my profit.

Does anyone know if there are any issues with multiple accounts in the same household. I am considering asking my wife to set up an account so that we can rotate the purchase of IPD players to speed up the sell and re-buy process.

Does anyone have experience of this as I don't want to fall foul of any rules.

• Shouldn't be a problem. FI ask for proof of ID every now and then but you aren't the only one.

• Am I being stupid, how does this benefit you?

• I'd say be careful because saying the strategy about buying futures from each other openly on the forum could be seen as market manipulation. I doubt it but be aware.
    (You may also get sting if your futures are not at the front of the queue!)

And you can always just move the wife out to the coast each and have an account each 🤣

• @RU99 said in Same household accounts:

Am I being stupid, how does this benefit you?

It keeps futures IPD eligible in either account after the 30 day hold as opposed to sitting in the sell queue for a while after.

• @NewUser731

It shouldn't be necessary; If only FI introduced an "IPD refresh button" just pay 2% on the required amount of futures avoiding going to market altogether - simples!

• @NewUser159387 said in Same household accounts:

@NewUser731

It shouldn't be necessary; If only FI introduced an "IPD refresh button" just pay 2% on the required amount of futures avoiding going to market altogether - simples!

That's genius!

• But the threat of being stuck with an IPD hold and the il liquidity is the main thing keeping balance in the market. Take that away by allowing a refresh for just 2% and no risk of needing to IS would make ipd players too good

• @Vespasian32 said in Same household accounts:

But the threat of being stuck with an IPD hold and the il liquidity is the main thing keeping balance in the market. Take that away by allowing a refresh for just 2% and no risk of needing to IS would make ipd players too good

Don't think that would happen; what "regulates the market" is price not liquidity, a 2% refresh button may lead to capital appreciation but that's a win for holders & indirectly for FI, as 2% commission on a higher price is more revenue to help balance the payout liability. The exact analogy can be seen in the recent PB player price rises in response to the dividend review, using illiquidity to hold back the market is both inefficient & counter productive making the product sub optimal for both FI (in terms of future platform growth) & punters (avoiding IPD's altogether due to lack of liquidity).

• I like the idea but i think it would seriously harm the index it could make market selling very difficult and would potentially make even premium players IPD players as huge speads wouldnt be a worry anymore. Eventually matchday buying and selling opportunities would die away as instead of people buying after a player scores they may just opt to refresh. I may even cause stagnation where people arent looking for the best time to buy or sell but the best time to pay theyre 2%

• @NewUser159387 no if uve got a shit dog up front who finds the net but doesn't kick the ball the rest of the game... He might currently b 45p with a 3p spread and 2p commission. So people will only buy him in a window they think he will score 6 or so goals. This ensures they cover his cost on sale if they need to IS. Remove the risk of needing to IS and this shit dog bastard only needs to score a few goals which is much more likely... Moving money out of premium holds down the market. Making FI a terrible product cos if I just wana bet on goalscorers I'd get better odds with conventional bookies.

That element of risk means there is a market for ipd players... So long term holders might dabble their div wins and still have fun... It acts as a gateway to conventional gamblers, perhaps those with small budgets. Its also a nice boost on first 30 days of a premium hold.

Remove the risks and it becomes the most profitable, predictable dividend available and will change the market drastically

• @Vespasian32

IS will be history once Order Books are introduced so the spread & immediate exit are going to be thing of the past - Market sell will be the ONLY exit strategy.

Like any other market if a player is seen as under valued or an excellent IPD play, for whatever reason, more ppl will buy than sell & his price will rise until equilibrium is achieved again.

Very short term some money might be drawn into this market segment for the one off cap app but once that has levelled out I see no reason why PB or high end plays should suffer at all.

• @NewUser159387 yeh but you won't have endless ipd validity when order books come, itl still be 30 days so you have perhaps even more concern about selling them... Adding more valuable to premium players..

Also I believe IS is being kept but wider spreads allowing, enticing, the market to pick up that burden. Eventually it will probably be removed, not immediately

• @Vespasian32

There will be less market buying & selling if ppl choose to just hold & refresh (but no drop in commission for FI probably an increase as those who worried about liquidity can now enter the market) but there will still be a market for new or increasing buyers to take the futures from those wishing to reduce or exit a player.

I actually doubt it will effect the overall price of any player adversely but I guess FI would need to trial & model the system before fully implementing it, & IS could be retained for a guarenteed exit until the refresh system had been fully adopted. FI needs to improve the IPD system because as you pointed out liquidity worries are currently badly holding back its potential IMHO.

• @NewUser159387 I have long argued for this, although I do understand the possible negative ramifications.

I just wish people would understand the value of IPDs, especially GKs. For example, Cilleson has just kept a clean sheet - he is currently 37p. This means you can guarantee 0.7% margin on him (if his price doesn't drop). Then any further clean sheet in the next 30 days (6 eligible games) offers 2.7%.

Since his clean sheet today nobody has bought any shares in him. I don't say this in the hope of increasing his price, merely to demonstrate his value. It's the liquidity that is the issue (a vicious circle in the opposite way to player bubbles).

I appreciate this tactic does not work for the super large players but anyone with a small - medium portfolio could do a lot worse than investing 300-600 shares in 5-10 proven clean sheet goalkeepers.

As people say, it's dividends that drive the market, it's just strange that people seem to turn their nose up at steady clean sheets IPD dividends.

• @NewUser731 I think that ipds are fine and good money makers... But to be able to just refresh the eligibility for 2% makes them too easy. Atm you can buy a Gk and make a few % for a cleansheet, that's a good return. The pay off is you then may take a month or so to sell to market and not make much cap ap. Take that pain away and you'd be making an unreal return, 100%+ a season... So suddenly the gk is £5 instead of 30p to bring the return in line with the best pb guys. This is too drastic a change for the market to take.

• @Vespasian32 I think you are probably right. People could just buy into low cost players in the thought that if they score/assist you would just auto re-buy.

The potential 1 month to sell off a GK shows the issue. It actually wouldn't take that many users to really get the GK selling roundabout going which all of a sudden would make it much more appealing. It seems the easiest guaranteed income on the index to me - you can even buy knowing you have guaranteed returns -something you can't do with PB/ MB dividends.

• @NewUser159387 said in Same household accounts:

IS will be history once Order Books are introduced so the spread & immediate exit are going to be thing of the past - Market sell will be the ONLY exit strategy.

Complete rubbish. The only difference will be that the IS price will be buy orders on that side of the order book so as liquidity builds the IS price will likely be better than it is today as spreads narrow.

• @janner73

Sorry I should have been clearer IS to FI will disappear & the order book i.e. formed by the market supply & demand will be the only exit strategy. On rereading it didn't come across as intended, but as you point out the spread will no longer be manipulated by FI to address/influence liquidity it will be a direct function of real market supply & demand & so should automatically find it's equilibrium.

• @NewUser159387 my only worry with oremder books is that they may hinder growth as is the way they work on Footstock. Instead of people pushing prices up you find every one under cuts each other by the smallest margin to get the quicker sale. Unless of course im getting it all wrong and that order books will only affect the sale side of things and the buy price will still be determined by the FI and the number of shares in circulation