Spreads inconsistent

• Can anyone enlighten me as to why the spreads are so big on some players and not on others (I'm thinking specifically Benjamin Mendy where he is 1.67/1.52 compared to Alderweireld who is 1.61/1.56).

Surely if the spreads were closer together, then many people would sell quicker rather than holding etc and therefore there'd be more transactions taking place and therefore more 2% commissions for Football Index to be collecting. At the moment it seems that it doesn't suit the traders and also doesn't suit the FI.

Can someone explain it to me? Thanks!

• @Golfing-Grandad my understanding is that they put bigger spreads on certain players to discourage a bit sell off because if loads of people sell they will as you say make lots of money but it may put off new users if they see it's a very volatile market where they can easily lose a lot.

• @Stevo I'd be more comfortable though if the spreads were closer as then if you changed your mind and wanted to bail out on something you've done and later regretted, then it isn't as costly to do so.

I thought that would be a safer option for people, as like you say, it will increase volatility, but then fi someone did get nervous and bail on what they initially bought, then they can do with a little less cost and newbies may feel safer with that - I say this as a newbie myself who joined the platform this week.

• Start of with a smaller among of cash invested then to get a better feel before committing a lot of cash or do more research.

• FI are inconsistent with this spread. I understand the large spread with sanchez pc Neymar I ain’t bothered with however Son has been constantly used has a Funancial Instrament and not a future I am not blaming anyone for me not selling on the spike however when there’s a pattern to this it’s about time FI picked up on it has when you have a player irrelevant of if his team are in or out of a competition playing world class and working class people losing when players are in hot form 50p a share drop people question if this is just a tactical stockmarket for short term gain or if it’s based on future performance of a player at all. I understand it’s dog eat dog however when people ask how many active users I myself think it’s about 10,000 with 140,000 drove away or had a bad kicking. Like I say if we’re playing hardball leave the spreads at 3% on Neymar PC and Sanchez too and let them drop £s for investors to jump on accross the board not just the select few... or pretect other shares with such history,,, also Dyzuba why change his club after people have invested why not at time of Loan not a month or two latter... sold anyway so not moaning but unfair on holders.... and other thing Son was leading board part crash was due to him losing 100 points mid game and getting a email after my share drop £125 the next day saying there changing the system after the events happened(after horse has bolted so to speak) is not good enough.. more Walls sausages here than Wall Street at times.. now someone else is saying about other changes too coming in we was told that November was last major change. I’m still pi$$ed off about how 200 becomes 2000 on a aparantly regulated fix odds bet still for the life of me can’t work out that where has a 1/200 to 1/2000 mid stake work out at a fixed odds bet when chances of someone investing in my players decreased ten fold lost 30% of my profit in a few days and mainly due to changes tinkering and or removal of instant sell early. it continues I’ll withdrew everything and only place single bets on bankers based on runs and patterns ... rant over and hope everyone’s ok. Had allot of work hence few replys

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.