florian lejeune

• Can anyone see value in florian lejeune?
    Newcastle have some defensive injury problems and he is set to return against villa on MNF.
    Newcastle defenders also seem to be scoring majority of the teams goals lately, only 26p.

• Prefer Willems myself, already has a goal and a couple of assists to his name and as a toon fan put on here the other day he is building a good rapport with Saint-Maximim.

• I agree, also a toon fan.
    Just thinking at 26p lejeune looked a decent defender when he was playing, likes to spray a few passes about, and we are short on cbs right now.

• I think he is a good defender and is comfortable on the ball, worked well alongside Lascelles and Schar last season as one of 2 ball playing centre halves. Unlucky not to score last season and I think he'll occupy the left sided centre back spot again shortly once he's built his fitness back up.

Willems is maybe the more obvious choice, but not sure how much capital appreciation he'll get playing for us as he's not in the Dutch squad yet but you never know.

• @Brane_Ormso
    That was my thought process, few good games under his belt and he could rise. Guaranteed opportunities now as well.

• I’m holding off until he’s on a team sheet.

Bruce doesn’t know him yet and Clark has been decent for him as left sided cb. Fernandez has been terrific. I’d expect he’ll join them two ahead of dummett against villa but only if he’s 100%.

Never realised how many injuries we have at the back till now. Arguably our first choice back three all out!

• @Elmer said in florian lejeune:

I’m holding off until he’s on a team sheet.

Bruce doesn’t know him yet and Clark has been decent for him as left sided cb. Fernandez has been terrific. I’d expect he’ll join them two ahead of dummett against villa but only if he’s 100%.

Never realised how many injuries we have at the back till now. Arguably our first choice back three all out!

Totally, you'd have imagined if all had been fit at the start of the season it would have been Schar, Lascelles and Lejeune.

Fair play to Clark and Fernandez they have both come in and played well. Only issue is do you play Lejeune as the right sided centre half and leave Clark as left sided. Or move Clark to right and play Dummett as left with Fernandez in middle.
    Suppose only problem is none of our defenders are likely to be making big bucks as we aint a big enough team for MB, our highest defender is Schar at £0.51 and is he was at Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City or even Arsenal you could add at least another £0.50 - £1 to his price IMO

• Yeah definitely. My other concern for Lejeune would be if Shelvey or Sean Longstaff are sat in front of him, they’d be dropping deep to do the long ball job instead of him.

26p though, so cheap it’s worth a punt just to see how he goes

• @NewUser365240 hopefully he'll get back for the villa game there's only one other game that night i think (spal v bologna) so could be good timing, yedlin may also be a good shout, looks like we're a threat from set pieces so ipd's aren't out of the question

• We say all this. Probably be grealish banging in a 300 point pb score as we get beat 3-0...