Price Movement on 30/11?

• As the draw for the Euros is on 30th, do you think players will move price dependant on which group their nation is drawn into? Favourable draws see a bump in price etc..?

I started to prepare for the Euros a while back, I don’t buy any players that won’t be there (with the exception of Messi who I made a quick few hundred on post dividend review) but wondering if I should buy a few from my shopping list before the draw, I think it will spark a few into buying Euro players once they see the groups.

• Good idea mate, im sure alot of people haven't thought about this

• The Euros are 7 months away. Whilst it's good to prepare your port long-term, a LOT can happen in 7 months of football (injury, a drop in form etc).

I think if you are buying players that are definitely going to feature in the Euros and are likely to go far in the champions league or Europa league, then that's good strategy.
    The rest I'd imagine you can start picking up in April/May.

• @ScouseSte I’m a long-term trader who doesn’t mess about with his portfolio much anyway, so suits me to tailor my players for the Euros now.

But yeah I have players like Griezmann, Pogba, Gnabry who have European games and post good PB scores - their teams should go far next summer.

Also have the likes of Halstenberg, Kramaric, Golovin who were bought cheap and have seen a massive rise recently so it’s definitely a strategy that seems to be working.

Agree that some players can wait and be picked up closer to the tournament, lesser knowns who aren’t in PB leagues or aren’t posting big scores yet.

• I’ve been doing the same with a couple of my holds to be fair!

Nothing wrong with jumping on earlier than anyone else, patience is always rewarded in the end. When they’re jumping on in April, you’ll already be in there.

I can see the argument that they could make more money in that time in other investments, but for me personally, I like the low maintenance and playing the long term game with minimum effort is definitely my strategy! No shame 🤣

• Because of hostings and seedings parts of the draw are already known. So far as follows:
    Group A: Italy
    Group B: Belgium, Russia, Denmark
    Group C: Ukraine, Holland
    Group D: England
    Group E: Spain
    Group F: Germany

With France in pot 2 and Portugal in pot 3 there is the potential for a group of death so I can see some movement in prices based on how the draw plays out.

• I don't think it will matter, twitter will be in full pump mode and anyone in the euro’s around March will go full rocket.

• @TomIrving said in Price Movement on 30/11?:

I’ve been doing the same with a couple of my holds to be fair!

Nothing wrong with jumping on earlier than anyone else, patience is always rewarded in the end. When they’re jumping on in April, you’ll already be in there.

I can see the argument that they could make more money in that time in other investments, but for me personally, I like the low maintenance and playing the long term game with minimum effort is definitely my strategy! No shame 🤣

Exactly mate, It's not like my holds only have the Euros going for them, if you buy good PB players who have CL or EL it's a win-win and you've beaten the rush.

I bought the likes of Golovin and Kramaric for International qualifiers a few months ago and ended up 100% up on each, so I don't think I've missed out by jumping on early!

Doesn't bother me holding for months on end, the amount of times I've sold up only for that player to fly up the next week (Skov i'm looking at you). So I always preach patience to myself!