New "fun" portfolio strategy

• Every matchday we know there are three PB categories (plus star man) where the relevant players can win, and the payouts are better than ever!

So I am going to gradually adopt a strategy/portfolio that is inspired by the set-ups of actual football teams, comprising a "first team", a "bench" and a "youth team", to try and maximise PB returns (bear with me πŸ˜‚)...

As there are only 3 PB categories paid out, each "team" will only contain 3 players.

The "First Team" will be my strongest line-up. These are holds that I consider to be the most likely to win dividends and subsequently also likely to be some of the most expensive holds on the index. I've already got these guys on the books, so I don't need help with this team.

"The Bench" will consist of similar players to the first team, but perhaps not as expensive. I am totally open to suggestions on this. Criteria is they must play in a PB league, must be in European competition for club and country, and must not be over 30.

"The Youth Team" should consist of players under 25, playing in PB leagues and playing in European competition for club (with potential to play for country if not already).

THE FIRST TEAM:
    DEF: Trent Alexander-Arnold
    MID: Tony Kroos
    FWD: Lionel Messi

THE BENCH:
    DEF: Joshua Kimmich
    MID: Dele Alli
    FWD: Victor Osimhen

THE YOUTH TEAM:
    DEF: Ben Chilwell
    MID: Houssem Aouar
    FWD: Robert Skov

Any ideas/suggestions?

• @ScouseSte this is a great idea mate. And like you said a fun way too.

Bench suggestions:

DEF: Kimmich (I hold)
    MID: Pjanic
    FWD: Dybala

Youth suggestions:

DEF: Hakimi
    MID: Ceballos (I hold)
    FWD: Sane

• @Staggz88 nice one mate πŸ‘. I might see what else people suggest, see which players consistently get mentioned and then go from there.

Incidentally I too hold Kimmich and Hakimi so I'll put them in where you suggested, although they arent guaranteed to stay in the port πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

• Bench
    Cancelo European football and euros
    Jorginho same as above
    Griezmann

• @ScouseSte no problem mate. Yeah will be interesting to see who people suggest.
    Oh nice one πŸ‘πŸ˜‚ good luck whoever you end up choosing mate

• Tempting to say kimmich KDB neymar but I suspect you could pick them yourself so for your bench I'll say

Pavard (could easily go in your youth team)
    Gundogan
    Depay

Youth team

Ghiglione (see that twitter bronze day thing u posted)
    Ruiz/aouar
    Sane

• @MickTurbo said in New "fun" portfolio strategy:

Tempting to say kimmich KDB neymar but I suspect you could pick them yourself so for your bench I'll say

Pavard (could easily go in your youth team)
    Gundogan
    Depay

Youth team

Ghiglione (see that twitter bronze day thing u posted)
    Ruiz/aouar
    Sane

I own Kimmich and @Staggz88 also suggested him so it looks like he has earned a place on the bench. KDB is a possibility but Neymar doesn't qualify for the bench unfortunately (non-European international). Neymar could only go into the first team, but at the expense of Messi. And I hate Neymar so his chances are remote πŸ˜‚.

Depay is not a bad shout. Gundogan I don't really find appealing (competing with Kroos when playing for Germany, and not really a stand out for City is he? KDB much better option as you say) Don't know too much about Pavard so I'll have to research that one πŸ‘

• @ScouseSte I rate pavard as a hold. The big question mark over him is that bayern often use him as a CB which is obviously a negative of itself, but from a purely footballing perspective he is a better right back anyway. France use him at right back, he is 3 years younger than lucas Digne and ok, not as big a PB threat but mainly cos he doesnt take set pieces, but he cant half strike a ball. Didnt he get goal of the tournament in the last world cup for that outside of the boot volley?

Therefore I wouldnt be suprised to see him get the odd free kick, may even take them all if he gets a move elsewhere. Ok that's a bit pie in the sky but I do expect him to reach parity price wise with Digne by the euros

• @MickTurbo ah just looked into Pavard - same team/category as Kimmich so he is a no-no (initially) πŸ‘

• @Carboney said in New "fun" portfolio strategy:

Bench
    Cancelo European football and euros
    Jorginho same as above
    Griezmann

Jorginho is not a bad shout mate, improved a lot lately hasn't he? Hmm πŸ‘

• @ScouseSte cheaper option in the same team is Kovacic who also ticks all your boxes

• @ScouseSte yeh bit difficult to argue with that mate, I hold both. I recently swapped my Dignes for Pavards because I'd had a good rise out of the former and felt the latter offered better long term value at that stage. Got on at 99p just before a decent rise but will continue to hold him as my france defender for the euros.

If he was to get a move I think he would be an exceptional hold at a team who used him as a full back

• @Carboney true but I'm aware Jorginho has won PB divs twice I think recently.

• @MickTurbo

I suppose that's another, finer detail regarding Euro 2020 criteria - must be in a team that will potentially go far in the competition (ie. Not Scottish πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ sorry! ! *if they qualify)

• Kovacic has recently won aswell so definitely not beyond him and I think personally he’s progressing really well under lampard but u could also say that about a lot of there players to be fair

• @Carboney yea it's food for thought mate nice one

• @ScouseSte yeh I've said before that come the euros I want to hold a def/mid/fwd from england, portugal, spain, france, belgium, holland, germany, italy. Everything I do on here at present is motivated to achieving that.

They must also be good PB holds in PB leagues or at least transfer spec for a PB league

• @MickTurbo love it.

I've looked at this weekend's fixtures and my "first team" are all playing on the Saturday.
    It's fun this already 😁😁

• Bench..........Chilwell......Pogba.......Werner
    Youth...........Tomori........Zaniolo.....Oyarzabal

• @Mad4it said in New "fun" portfolio strategy:

Bench..........Chilwell......Pogba.......Werner
    Youth...........Tomori........Zaniolo.....Oyarzabal

Chilwell is a definite "definite", good shout.
    I can't add Pogba or Werner because I have owned both before and I'd never go back with an ex πŸ˜‚.

I don't know much about your Youth Team suggestions except Tomori so I'll look into them nice one πŸ‘