New "fun" portfolio strategy

• Tempting to say kimmich KDB neymar but I suspect you could pick them yourself so for your bench I'll say

Pavard (could easily go in your youth team)
    Gundogan
    Depay

Youth team

Ghiglione (see that twitter bronze day thing u posted)
    Ruiz/aouar
    Sane

• @MickTurbo said in New "fun" portfolio strategy:

Tempting to say kimmich KDB neymar but I suspect you could pick them yourself so for your bench I'll say

Pavard (could easily go in your youth team)
    Gundogan
    Depay

Youth team

Ghiglione (see that twitter bronze day thing u posted)
    Ruiz/aouar
    Sane

I own Kimmich and @Staggz88 also suggested him so it looks like he has earned a place on the bench. KDB is a possibility but Neymar doesn't qualify for the bench unfortunately (non-European international). Neymar could only go into the first team, but at the expense of Messi. And I hate Neymar so his chances are remote πŸ˜‚.

Depay is not a bad shout. Gundogan I don't really find appealing (competing with Kroos when playing for Germany, and not really a stand out for City is he? KDB much better option as you say) Don't know too much about Pavard so I'll have to research that one πŸ‘

• @ScouseSte I rate pavard as a hold. The big question mark over him is that bayern often use him as a CB which is obviously a negative of itself, but from a purely footballing perspective he is a better right back anyway. France use him at right back, he is 3 years younger than lucas Digne and ok, not as big a PB threat but mainly cos he doesnt take set pieces, but he cant half strike a ball. Didnt he get goal of the tournament in the last world cup for that outside of the boot volley?

Therefore I wouldnt be suprised to see him get the odd free kick, may even take them all if he gets a move elsewhere. Ok that's a bit pie in the sky but I do expect him to reach parity price wise with Digne by the euros

• @MickTurbo ah just looked into Pavard - same team/category as Kimmich so he is a no-no (initially) πŸ‘

• @Carboney said in New "fun" portfolio strategy:

Bench
    Cancelo European football and euros
    Jorginho same as above
    Griezmann

Jorginho is not a bad shout mate, improved a lot lately hasn't he? Hmm πŸ‘

• @ScouseSte cheaper option in the same team is Kovacic who also ticks all your boxes

• @ScouseSte yeh bit difficult to argue with that mate, I hold both. I recently swapped my Dignes for Pavards because I'd had a good rise out of the former and felt the latter offered better long term value at that stage. Got on at 99p just before a decent rise but will continue to hold him as my france defender for the euros.

If he was to get a move I think he would be an exceptional hold at a team who used him as a full back

• @Carboney true but I'm aware Jorginho has won PB divs twice I think recently.

• @MickTurbo

I suppose that's another, finer detail regarding Euro 2020 criteria - must be in a team that will potentially go far in the competition (ie. Not Scottish πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ sorry! ! *if they qualify)

• Kovacic has recently won aswell so definitely not beyond him and I think personally he’s progressing really well under lampard but u could also say that about a lot of there players to be fair

• @Carboney yea it's food for thought mate nice one

• @ScouseSte yeh I've said before that come the euros I want to hold a def/mid/fwd from england, portugal, spain, france, belgium, holland, germany, italy. Everything I do on here at present is motivated to achieving that.

They must also be good PB holds in PB leagues or at least transfer spec for a PB league

• @MickTurbo love it.

I've looked at this weekend's fixtures and my "first team" are all playing on the Saturday.
    It's fun this already 😁😁

• Bench..........Chilwell......Pogba.......Werner
    Youth...........Tomori........Zaniolo.....Oyarzabal

• @Mad4it said in New "fun" portfolio strategy:

Bench..........Chilwell......Pogba.......Werner
    Youth...........Tomori........Zaniolo.....Oyarzabal

Chilwell is a definite "definite", good shout.
    I can't add Pogba or Werner because I have owned both before and I'd never go back with an ex πŸ˜‚.

I don't know much about your Youth Team suggestions except Tomori so I'll look into them nice one πŸ‘

• TAA
    Kroos
    Kane

Kimmich
    Jorginho
    Depay

Kimpembe
    Fabian Ruiz/Arthur
    Struggling for a forward,

• Like the idea. Id suggest changing your first team to incorporate a better bench with your set criteria of being cheaper than the first team

THE FIRST TEAM:
    DEF: Trent Alexander-Arnold
    MID: KDB
    FWD: Neymar

THE BENCH:
    DEF: Joshua Kimmich
    MID: kroos
    FWD: Messi

THE YOUTH TEAM:
    DEF: Hakimi
    MID: Havertz
    FWD: Isak

• @ChazFI123 said in New "fun" portfolio strategy:

TAA
    Kroos
    Kane

Kimmich
    Jorginho
    Depay

Kimpembe
    Fabian Ruiz/Arthur
    Struggling for a forward,

That "Bench" looks decent mate. A definitely maybe there 😁.

I'm stumped for FWDs in the youth team particularly myself!

• @ScouseSte the youth is definitely the hardest cause they’re such an overhyped group. If you’re over 17 and look like you’re gonna be a decent player you’re basically Β£1.50+ instantly

• @Black-wolf

I like your selections but the first team is all about potential to win divs first and foremost - if the bench is more expensive that's fine. It's not strict that they have to be cheaper.

The other thing is, I am going to promote and demote players to/from the first team based on performances. Nobody will be sold whilst in the First Team but if players don't perform after a few weeks/months on the bench then THEY'RE OUT! ! πŸ˜„

(The things you do on a non-matchday! Sad bastard I know πŸ˜‚)