Advice

• New to this, can anyone give me feedback please re at what monetary value sales and buys will be constrained. I.E. My plan is to stake up to €10k in a number of players for my portfolio. What is the likelihood of being able to complete these transaction at listed prices?

• Hi, do you mean 10k in an individual or across the portfolio? If you mean across it should be fairly close. I believe each player rises 1 penny with every 600 shares purchased, so buying 10k in a single player would see their price rise as you went along. Also, do you mean £ or euro? If euro where are you based as I know trade is fairly restricted outside of the UK

• Also, just to add the sell price you see is the instant price. If you can wait you sell to market and therefore sell at the buy price at the time you get to the front of the queue.

• @NewUser280674 each player's price rises 1p every 900 shares that are bought I think.

Therefore the listed price will rise a penny every 900 shares you buy.

Also, you can only buy 300 with each transaction. But if you buy 300 and simply buy another 300 straight after there's no problem.

• @Lukeroro said in Advice:

@NewUser280674 each player's price rises 1p every 900 shares that are bought I think.

Therefore the listed price will rise a penny every 900 shares you buy.

Also, you can only buy 300 with each transaction. But if you buy 300 and simply buy another 300 straight after there's no problem.

I beleive this is true for players < £1, but more expensive players can rise with every 600. I think that is what I have read on here recently.

• OK thanks for the info , currency would be €, approx is €10k per player with portfolio approx €100k not evenly spread but max of 20 No players. Good to know that players increase in qty of share volume rather then value of transaction. Makes sense so to stagger the transaction. Final question if you were trying to offset a position of say €15k I presume it takes time unless you instant sell and accept a penal spread.

• @NewUser280674 very nice, I can give you some good players to put 10k into ;). Selling bulk does need some planning, what often works best is drip feeding them into the market, so maybe sell 300 to test how long they take to shift. Problem IS that volume is again you lose 1p with every 600/900 sold so the value would drop as you sell. If you drip them in they may all go at a similar price

• Ok ya i have noticed on sales side you cant see volumes available and queing ala betfair exchange when your trading out ... guess it must be tricky to factor instant sell or drip feed approach with this enforced drop per number of shares situation , will have to weight that situation up thanks.

• @NewUser280674 Order books are coming at some point in the future, so at that point things will change, but there is no set date on that.

• @NewUser280674

If you are looking to invest in that sort of volume the work done by @Ericali and @Vespasian32 might help.

The delta isn't confirmed but they worked out a few months ago it roughly takes the below to move the price up and down as follows.

Looks like 680 between a £1 & £2
    930 sub £1
    600 over £5
    (Quote from Eric’s post)

So 10k in Neymar won’t move the share price more than a couple of pence but it would in someone like Juan Bernat.

Hope that helps, some good advice on here and I’m sure the more senior members will jump in if you need more information.

• Ok thanks a lot ,this is the type of intel I need as to date only have had a test portfolio in play to see what returns are achievable and the ROI is very healthy but at larger volumes I was unsure at the liquidity levels on exit and the volumes available at the €10k levels on individual transactions

• @NewUser280674 set up a Revolut bank account to transfer euros. When I started I used my Irish bank account to transfer across and was charged 1% exchange fee per transfer and it’ll be another 1% if I wanna transfer money across upon withdrawal. Just something to think about 👍🏻

• change ur username if ur gonna stick around

• @NewUser280674 There is no limit on the money you can put in a player. But FI will certainly ask you the source of income (because of money laundering policy, etc.). So be prepared.

• @NewUser280674 out of interest who are you planning on pumping this money into, established PB performers or prospects?

• @NewUser280674.. You have me intrigued.. Who is the 20 you are planning on investing the 100k in.. Not many traders ask other traders the players to be pumped 😜😜

• @Gregolocky.. Cheers for tip.. Getting slaughtered with the An post account