Ruslan Malinovskyi

• This is one IPO that went on at a really low price (75p), but still seems to have gone under the radar. Everybody I've seen who was waiting for him expected him to be £1.50+. Current price is £1.27.

I expect what held his IPO price back is not starting every game for Atalanta yet. But they've spent £12.5m on him - a big fee for them, he's highly regarded and it's only a matter of time.

He's an attack minded central midfielder with a rocket of a left foot who dribbles a lot, has a good short and long passing range and takes set pieces, including penalties. Scores a lot of free kicks. Can play both an attacking or deeper role. Fits the criteria of one capable of high peak PB scores. Got 16 goals and 16 assists last season in all competitions for Genk. Has the highest combined shots and key passes per 90 minutes in the Atalanta squad (7.5) so far.

At 26 he's a good age in a less youth focused Index. Within his prime years but still on an upward curve, being a relative latecomer to a top league.

He's the heart of a good Ukraine team along with Zinchenko, and has 6 goal contributions in 8 qualifiers. They topped the group ahead of Portugal, ending unbeaten. Should now get a favourable draw. I've watched most of their qualifiers and it's no fluke, they have plenty of quality and play some good football.

Chelsea are already linked, with Claude Makelele recommending him. This means he could have the double whammy of Euros involvement and a PL transfer - maybe even in January for the latter.

Obviously I hold but I really think he stands out as a great buy. There aren't many who tick the boxes he does around that price.

Age - tick
    Player type - tick
    In good attacking team - tick
    Goal involvement - tick
    Set pieces including pens - tick
    Euro 2020 - tick
    UEFA club competition - tick
    Big transfer potential - tick

I wonder what price he'll be in June!

• Here's the old Youtube video for anyone who's not seen him, this was away at Lazio a few weeks ago..... https://youtu.be/htjK11Bb2sc

• He is Playing just 50 minutes on average at Atalanta, no goals or assists in Serie A, thus won’t compete for PB till the Euros (I have my doubts I can win PBs at the Euros) if things don’t change.

• Having no goals or assists so far in Serie A doesn't mean he won't compete for PB! The stats indicate the goals and assists will come. And I have to agree having watched many of his games - he's heavily involved in attacks.

Granted the average minutes isn't high at the moment, but it's not because he gets subbed early like some other would be PB contenders. His fitness is another strength. He's just a new signing establishing himself at a good team. He'll play more than enough games to compete for PB, especially with Gomez and Ilicic both getting on. Another option is moving him deeper - as he plays for Ukraine - next to De Roon in CM.

He's suspended for the Juve game on Sunday but I'd say he's highly likely to start the CL game at home to Dinamo Zagreb on Wednesday.

• He's a class act. One of the truly undervalued players on the index imo. Cannot believe ipo'd at 75p which imo makes him the best value for money ipo since I joined the index.

Barring injury I think he'll be valued at least £3 in June.

• I think had he continued his form from Belgium into Serie A, he would have taken off but the fact is he isn't one of the main men for Atalanta right now who are doing just fine without him starting.

Maybe he will come good and find that form from last season, maybe he is going to end up being a flop in Italian football. It could go either way right now but it's almost December and he doesn't seem to have settled in yet.

Ukraine won't get out of the group at the Euros.

Any talk of a move to Chelsea is pure fantasy. Why would they buy someone who can't even cement a place in Atalanta's team? Think they will aim a little higher. Ruslan hasn't proven himself in a top league yet. His price is solely on what he did in Belgium and people gambling that he finds his feet in Italy.

When you think he is only about 20-25p less than Nicolo Barella (who I don't hold either), who is a regular for Inter and Italy and is younger...why is Ruslan so underpriced?

• @BradD For all the reasons that @JK listed.

I disagree that Ukraine won't get out of their group and I think they could be the surprise package like Wales were in 2016.

I agree with you on Barella and imo he's another who is under priced.

• If he hadn't carried over form into this season he wouldn't be getting attention from the scouts/observers before he's even been at Atalanta 5 minutes. He's looked to be in fine form to me, but the goals haven't flown in yet, which is all people will pay attention to. The highest shot/key pass stat is telling and backs up everything I've thought when watching him thinking 'he screams 'Football Index'. '

It's not as black and white as 'why would Chelsea want him when he's not a regular for Atalanta' - getting value in the transfer market is often about moving early, before reputations are peaked. We don't know what Chelsea's spending plan might be. I can see why Lampard would want him. There's a lot of similarities with himself and I think he'd fancy his chances of fine tuning Ruslan into an elite player.

I think Barella is underpriced too, especially given his age. Very safe hold. But he isn't as much of a PB type, playing a more box to box role, with Sensi and Brozovic next to him.

I'd be surprised if Ukraine didn't get out of their group but regardless, there'll be a lot of focus on Ruslan as a stand out player for them. I think he and Zinchenko will be £2+ for sure.

I'll hang my hat on this one and see where his price is in June.

• I am still trying to understand the value of a player getting 50 min on avg, with a team about to get out of CL, no goals, no assists and hat at the Euros (in the 3-5 games his team will play) will be competing against Kroos, Jorginho etc. for PB.

I just don’t see where is the value - there are probably 10-20 similar profiles in the 0.5-1p He already got 1 red card and 3 yellows in current season, even worse.

• 50 minutes average (SO FAR) doesn't mean subbed after 50 minutes. When he plays, which he will increasingly, he'll have a great chance of PB.

Out of the CL is by no means certain but could mean they go into the Europa.

Waiting until the goals and assists rack up is a great way to overpay! (Scored v Man City btw)

FI might offer further dividend incentives for the tournament. They'll certainly do something.

• If he had been on FI since the start of the season, he would've comfortably won PB when Ukraine beat Lithuania 2-0 on 11 October. Bernardo Silva won top MID and Star Man with 212pb on this date, but IndexGain calculated Malinovskyi's score as 364pb. He scored both goals (which obviously includes GWG), but without the 2 goals, GWG and win he still got 205. And yes, obviously Lithuania are shit, but high base scores are key.

He plays for Atalanta, who are very attacking (top scorers in Serie A so far this season) and with a share of set pieces, he will get goals and assists. I am certain he will hit further big scores this season, just like a lot of players in that Atalanta team will.

• Having missed out on getting Malinovskyi when he was IPO'd, I have just bought a few at £1.09. His price has been on a downward trajectory since a high of £1.34 during the IPO frenzy. He seems to have been forgotten about during the recent spending. One of the main concerns highlighted in this thread seems to have been his lack of playing time. However, I noticed that he has played the full 90 minutes in Atalanta's last 2 Serie A fixtures, so I am optimistic this will continue.

As stated in the above messages, he's off to Euro 2020 with Ukraine (which is a big factor for me when looking at players to invest in) and since this thread was last commented on, Atalanta have somehow managed to qualify for the next stage of the Champions League. They have avoided drawing one of the big boys and will be playing Valencia, so have a reasonable chance to make it to the quarter finals.

All those things combined, I think he's worth buying/holding through until the summer, and maybe beyond.

• @Vaughany said in Ruslan Malinovskyi:

Having missed out on getting Malinovskyi when he was IPO'd, I have just bought a few at £1.09. His price has been on a downward trajectory since a high of £1.34 during the IPO frenzy. He seems to have been forgotten about during the recent spending. One of the main concerns highlighted in this thread seems to have been his lack of playing time. However, I noticed that he has played the full 90 minutes in Atalanta's last 2 Serie A fixtures, so I am optimistic this will continue.

As stated in the above messages, he's off to Euro 2020 with Ukraine (which is a big factor for me when looking at players to invest in) and since this thread was last commented on, Atalanta have somehow managed to qualify for the next stage of the Champions League. They have avoided drawing one of the big boys and will be playing Valencia, so have a reasonable chance to make it to the quarter finals.

All those things combined, I think he's worth buying/holding through until the summer, and maybe beyond.

I'm still holding. He has a share of set pieces at Atalanta and I believe all those Atalanta players (Gomez, Ilicic, Pasalic etc) will continue to hit big PB scores (the other 3 already have) over the course of the season as they're such a free scoring side who shoot all the time.

He also has the Euros, as you say.

• I was down 8p a share on him when I went to bed last night and wake up to find I'm now up 8p a share.

Not complaining obviously but anyone able to shed some light? Can't find anything on an the internet and nothing in the Media Mentions section of his FI profile.

• @Vaughany one big buyer this morning with a few jumping on.

It might not be news about him, but what about someone leaving Atlanta, making him 1st team now?

• This post is deleted!

• @Westy
    Maybe. The only recent transfer gossip I can see regarding Atalanta is about Leicester eyeing up a potential move for Timothy Castagne.

• @Vaughany thats an interesting one, does it mean Perreira is being poached? or Castagne bench?

• @Westy
    I honestly don't know. Perreira has been very good so it wouldn't surprise me if he's looked at by other clubs. However, he's out for up to 6 months with an ACL injury so it may be that Rodgers is eyeing up Castagne as competition/cover.

• @Westy From my understanding most Leicester fans, certainly at the beginning of the season, expected Perreira to be one of the big money departures this summer, not sure whether that's now impacted by his injury. James Justin was brought in to potentially replace after a season of benchwarming, wouldn't surprise me if another RB was sought regardless, hence the links to Castagne.