Buying Injured Players

• There are a few players currently injured and could potentially be ok PB holds, young and have the Euros coming up :

Asensio
    Sane

Asensio for example has the longer lay off however in terms of long term risk they both are likely to pose a strong chance of price increase, Asensio probably even 100% by this time next year.

What do you think of the injured player market?

• Im trying this strategy on laporte, not sure when back but great for PB's and the euros

• @NewUser152089 I brought Florian Thauvin as my injured player to come back with a bang (hopefully). World Cup winner those stats are amazing for Marseille. Should be back come January with plenty of time for make his make back in the French Squad in time.

• Its a sure firer way to make money, but you have to be patient, and be happy having money tied up in those players for a long time. Laporte for example, personally I still thinks he's value BUT his highest price ever was £1.86 according to his graph, he's £1.74 now. He went as low as £1.43 when he got injured - so may have missed the boat a bit on that one.

It usually goes, big drop when someone gets stretched off with bad looking injury, further, smaller drop when diagnosis (e.g. he will miss 6 months) and then people start to buy pretty soon after.

Sane another example of someone who has gone up 70p whilst injured.

• I did hold Laporte but moved him on, in such a fruitful market I didn't want to have my money stuck in someone who might only grow 20p when he's back fit. Also the French manager seems to have a bit of a problem with him. Also CB's are a little less valuable in this current PB market so unless he wins PB early after his return from injury I think he may have a steady decline.

• Whilst it's a pretty easy way to make money, the opportunity cost of holding injured players increased significantly when dividends increased.
    I think that's also been reflected in much slower increases in prices after the injury drop - Barella as an example is still at his lowest price even tho the diagnosis has been confirmed and he's expected back after the winter break.

• @FI_IPOSCOUT said in Buying Injured Players:

Its a sure firer way to make money, but you have to be patient, and be happy having money tied up in those players for a long time. Laporte for example, personally I still thinks he's value BUT his highest price ever was £1.86 according to his graph, he's £1.74 now. He went as low as £1.43 when he got injured - so may have missed the boat a bit on that one.

It usually goes, big drop when someone gets stretched off with bad looking injury, further, smaller drop when diagnosis (e.g. he will miss 6 months) and then people start to buy pretty soon after.

Sane another example of someone who has gone up 70p whilst injured.

The graphs prior to injuries for Players who have been out for a long time are almost irrelevant. Sane is is already above his previous peak price and is not due back for 2 months. The market has grown significantly since he was injured in August. Likewise with asensio I can see him being north of £2.20 by the time he gets back into full training.

I agree to an extent with Laporte that he won’t enjoy the same sort of rises that Sane has and Asensio will, but I think we will still see a slow steady rise of up to around £1.90 before he puts on a shirt again.

• @Advinculas-Index

Thats a fair point and has to be factored in, it was more the fact of when is the optimum time to buy these players to get the best growth.

My point is, has Sane's rise mostly happened now. I think it has, he may get towards £3 for his come back game imo.

• @FI_IPOSCOUT

On all three of the above mentioned Sane/Laporte/ Asensio I waited until the price had levelled out for a few days (around 3 or 4 days before investing, after the true extent of the injury was known and just left them to grow. All 3 remained relatively stagnant for a few weeks but started gathering pace after a while.
    Especially Sane.

I suspect Sane and Laporte have a bit of growth left prior to their returns £3 is probably realistic for Sane( but it is still 2 months away so it might be considerably higher ) however I see a long steady growth for Asensio until his return because , as is ofter the case, the perception of a player is more favourable when he is not playing.

• Dani Ceballos is a good one. Was £2+ now £1.80 with the injury. Also credible PB scores

• Highest price I believe Sane reached while fit was about 2.55 and he could possibly come back after injury maybe £3-3.20?.

It doesn't make sense to me but Good on those that took the gamble.

Maybe that's what VVD needs eh😉
    Struggling to make 2.60 at the moment but if he got injured for 3-4 months why would he then go maybe over £3?
    That's basically what may happen if it arose I'm guessing.

• @Gazz127 said in Buying Injured Players:

Highest price I believe Sane reached while fit was about 2.55 and he could possibly come back after injury maybe £3-3.20?.

It doesn't make sense to me but Good on those that took the gamble.

Maybe that's what VVD needs eh😉
    Struggling to make 2.60 at the moment but if he got injured for 3-4 months why would he then go maybe over £3?
    That's basically what may happen if it arose I'm guessing.

2.55 to 3.20 is probably not far off how much the market as a whole has increased since Sane's injury so it probably would correlate with that, much the same with Asensio when he returns - if the Footie is 200k when Asensio returns, chances are he will have doubled in price as well as there is no reason for him to drop until he comes back and will only benefit from a rising tide.

• @Advinculas-Index Yep I suppose little or no risk attached.
    As with CHO and Loftus Cheeks injuries in past months.

• @Gazz127 said in Buying Injured Players:

@Advinculas-Index Yep I suppose little or no risk attached.
    As with CHO and Loftus Cheeks injuries in past months.

The only risk is ensuring you get in as close to the bottom as you can and then deciding whether to bail just before they return
    in my case i will probably drip feed mine to market in the weeks leading up to their returns and hold onto half afterwards.

By which time there will probably be some other opportunities of a similar ilk to recycle the funds into

• I’ve been waiting so long for David Brooks to come back that I almost forgot he was in my portfolio. Hopefully only a couple more weeks now. Wish I never held so long though as his price has hardly moved. Only good thing is it will fly when people remember what a young talent he is and that he will be playing in the Euros for Wales.