Long term strategy tips?

• I’m pretty happy with my portfolio mostly players no older than 25 and most of them should be involved in the euros. I have put my money budget in and my strategy is let the dividends roll in and invest the dividend money into new players and it should be a no loss situation.

• @NewUser411609

Depending on the size of your portfolio & own self discipline that's not a bad strategy. There are however many different ways to make money on FI & there are also distinct cycles that can be very profitable if you get the timing right. Examples being transfer windows will lead to speculation & MB for certain players, this Summer will see Euro's so players that are involved & go deep will attract attention & conversely those who aren't won't. Anticipating trends & getting on early are some of the most successful & profitable strategies, buying youth was great a year ago but holding over the last few months, as PB players flew, not so much.

Timing of trades & patience are the 2 most important assets at your disposal, anyone can spot a good player but buying them too high or selling too low doesn't make for great trading. Also recognising when a player's underlying fundamentals have changed, which will lead to significant price changes is very valuable, it was clear to some that after Mourinho left Man Utd & Pogba stated he wanted to leave his MB value & price would fall, so selling was the right decision, even though historic data showed he was a dividend monster. It's therefore important to keep reassessing whether the reasons to buy or hold a player still hold true & whether their price is still in line with those fundamentals. I bought Di Maria @99p just over a month ago for a long term PB hold & his short term IPD value but when he hit £2 the gain was too much to ignore so I sold & he has subsequently fallen back below 150p & is starting to look better value again but I think he may drop to 125p before buyers are again tempted. Knowing when to cash a profit is as important as knowing when a player looks cheap but of course it's not an exact science & everyone makes mistakes but try to keep them to a minimum & allow platform growth to raise the value of your players for the best results. Over trading can be as financially bad as poor trading decisions.

• @NewUser159387 a very good post - have yourself an upvote.

• @Ericali said in Long term strategy tips?:

@NewUser159387 a very good post - have yourself an upvote.

I'm pretty sure I've seen @NewUser159387 give some good advice before. He knows his stuff.

I would appreciate if he gave himself an individual username, as I often get him confused with @NewUser159386 who is an absolute bellend.

👆 I'm joking by the way ... 😉

• @NewUser411609

You’ve picked a very solid strategy, which can’t be faulted.

If / when you start looking towards new players, perhaps consider super cheap players playing and scoring / assisting regularly for clubs who are likely to get promoted to a PB league next season. It might seem early, but the sooner you invest the greater the potential profit margin. There are quite a few forwards and midfielders available in the region of 10p to 25p. The growth potential is huge and 100%, 200% or maybe even 300% profit margins are achievable, if their clubs get promoted.

• Biggest mistake I have made is smaller spread out of shares in more players. I think it’s better going in big in players who you know are going to succeed.

Next target might be Valverde from Real Madrid looks a good but even tho he won’t be playing in the euros.