The Wednesday Sell-Off

• @Chris-J said in The Wednesday Sell-Off:

My port is taking a kicking this morning despite holding Kroos and a few players that could star tonight.

Looking at the decrease list I guess it’s the same for most of us (I expect some smug git to pipe up and tell us how his port is actually flying!) - I guess it’s the combination of profit taking from the huge rises most of us have seen recently and Christmas withdrawals.

Probably going to continue until we get this Dec/Jan announcement which I’d imagine FI will understandably delay to squeeze as much commission out of this period as possible.

0_1574861115051_upload-5515f87f-9188-4e1e-9e19-d3bfb310d49e

Down a little, Kane and Vardy. I withdrew a temporary 5-figure sum on Monday in anticipation that the sell-off will occur for Xmas. If there is a deposit bonus for Dec/Jan, then I'll put it back temporary to get the maximum bonus.

• @Chris-J I think the Xmas withdrawal is underestimated. Time to shut up shop for me until January...😉

• Starting to see talk about the PB cycle possibly being at an end but my players that are performing well on the PB matrix are absolutely flying, those that are performing indifferently are performing indifferently, and the one with a perceived threat of not transferring to a PB league as generally has been expected is tanking.

It seems that my port performance is being dictated entirely by PB

• @Chris-J Real Madrid played last night mate, no chance of Kroos staring tonight...

• @9stevo said in The Wednesday Sell-Off:

@Chris-J Real Madrid played last night mate, no chance of Kroos staring tonight...

🎶Toni Kroos, he plays when he wants, Toni Kroos, he plays when he wants 🎶 🤣

• @9stevo Excuse the poorly structured sentence I meant them to be separate entities.

Kroos still rising from last night and a number of players who are likely to perform well tonight.

• @Chris-J
    My port has been dropping for over a week. I’ve mostly PB players and they’ve not been hitting the dividend wins so people are IS them. I’m not too worried as I resigned myself to a dropping port till Christmas.

• @Chris-J fair play, I did have to check the fixtures twice to make sure I wasn't losing the plot!! he should be able to play two champions league night in a row though, imagine the PB!!!

• @Chris-J Thanks for the honesty! Glad it's not just me. I joined 2 weeks ago and had been happily in the green from the start feeling quite smug. 48 hours later and come back down to earth with a bump😂! Most my ports are now in the red although I have made good divs. I know I need to be patient as my strategy was always to hold. Just wish I could fast forward my portfolio 6 months!

• @Impulsesplurger All part of the learning curve on FI.
    I was down I think for my first month more or less, patience and research is key 👍🏻

• and also those thinking the 12 rockets thing could be some sort of bonus and want the cash ready to put back in etc... always happens when their is some news of something coming.

• @Impulsesplurger with a username like that it doesn’t surprise me that you are in the red!

In all seriousness don’t be too concerned with any losses during this period - a boom always follows these dips, just have to ride it out.

Try not to become an impulse seller 😉

• @Chris-J 😂advice greatly recieved👍.
    Dont worry I dont think I could bring myself to sell at a loss.
    Just need to wait for more impulsive newbs to join to help push my ports up

• @Robert-W said in The Wednesday Sell-Off:

@Chris-J I think the Xmas withdrawal is underestimated. Time to shut up shop for me until January...😉

Again, I don't think the Xmas withdrawal is being felt yet. I record the Footie & it's still going up.

No doubt the 12 rockets announcement will add a bit of a boost again - but for how long I don't know? 🤔

New users should be cautious buying on any peaks at the minute, because like Rodrygo last month (after his peak/hat-trick) you may get caught holding in the red, rather than the green you had been anticipating.

• @Ericali said in The Wednesday Sell-Off:

@Robert-W said in The Wednesday Sell-Off:

@Chris-J I think the Xmas withdrawal is underestimated. Time to shut up shop for me until January...😉

Again, I don't think the Xmas withdrawal is being felt yet. I record the Footie & it's still going up.

No doubt the 12 rockets announcement will add a bit of a boost again - but for how long I don't know? 🤔

Footie going down now. They should get on and issue the announcement.

• @Ericali said in The Wednesday Sell-Off:

New users should be cautious buying on any peaks at the minute, because like Rodrygo last month (after his peak/hat-trick) you may get caught holding in the red, rather than the green you had been anticipating.

As I suspected yesterday money was coming out of the index confirmed by the footie being down more than it had been up by the last few days combined.

• Seems like the usual bollocks of traders anticipating a Deposit Bonus and withdrawing, just to put it back again and sting FI for free money.

When will FI ever learn?

• @TheSleepingGiant they earn loads of commission from the sell offs, so no tears will be shed there.

• @Ddr said in The Wednesday Sell-Off:

@Vespasian32 the strange thing with kane though, was when he scored last night he didn't even raise a penny, he actually went down 1p

People putting him the queue and taking profits, he’s gone up loads in a week, cant keep going up and up.

• @Sav2000 said in The Wednesday Sell-Off:

@Ericali said in The Wednesday Sell-Off:

As I suspected yesterday money was coming out of the index confirmed by the footie being down more than it had been up by the last few days combined.

Not quite....

21/11/19 - the Footie was 133,425
    28/11/19 - the Footie is 133,988.

It's down from yesterday, but up over the past week.