The FI expansion Project

• 2020 is just around the corner and i think we all know that FI want to expand into other countries, so where next?

I expect a small/medium sized European country that has quite relaxed laws on gambling, for example; Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania and Serbia.

Whatever country comes in next will money clearly come out of the PL bias players and into their own?

Everyone keeps on going on about trying to find the next 'trend'... Could this be it?

• Whatever country comes in next will money clearly come out of the PL bias players and into their own?

*English Bias players

• Since when Italy is small/medium size? :D
    I bet they won’t expand to Italy because the prices of English players will cut in half

• Italy, Bulgaria and Albania. Countries known for not having any corruption! If they joined I'd take all my money out.

• @LampardCulture said in The FI expansion Project:

2020 is just around the corner and i think we all know that FI want to expand into other countries, so where next?

I expect a small/medium sized European country that has quite relaxed laws on gambling, for example; Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania and Serbia.

Whatever country comes in next will money clearly come out of the PL bias players and into their own?

Everyone keeps on going on about trying to find the next 'trend'... Could this be it?

Italy will be huge. Not a small medium country! They are the 4th biggest economy in Europe after Germany, UK and France. I imagine a lot of money will come out of the other 4 pb leagues and into Serie A players. That's fine. I'll make sure I have some Serie A players!

• I said it on a thread a few months ago: I’d be surprised if it wasn’t Australia next to sign up to be honest. Relatively lax gambling laws, a legal structure similar to our own, an affluent population and an English language country. If you look at the countries FI currently operate in: Canada, Ireland and New Zealand it fits the same profile of these countries.

• Hong Kong. No more riots.

• I would not have thought that any money would come out of English players no matter which country joins, although you would expect an influx of new money to come into players from the joining country. The reason is that the media would still be English based, the exception would be if as countries joined that country's media coverage got included into the mix eg if say Germany joined and we started seeing headlines from the likes of bild etc . then you would end up with a situation where you would pay a premium on prem and budersliga players as the odds of media divs would be stacked in their favour, much like we see with prem players today. this would then start to even out as more and more countries and media joined.

• Any country joining is a plus and the more the better.. The sooner FI starts adding countries the better for all of us, as if a comparable competitor enters the market place with serious money behind them, that is exactly what they will do, so as to gain market share and be first to market in that country... We are now living in a global economy whether people like the change or not and if FI restricts themselves they will get blown out of the market eventually.. This global agenda is the main reason why Brexit will cripple the UK with regard to doing serious business .. I think expansion is a big agenda for FI and for that reason I am heavily invested and will continue to do so over the coming years.. If FI can keep going in the right direction and expand the minimum hold from 3 to 6 years, I can see a lot of money transfer from the stock market into the sports market especially if a global recession hits, which seems to be on the cards for sometime in 2020/2021.. All in all, I feel we are at the start of something huge with FI

• @CJ0101 luckily you can still buy Tim Cahill too!

• I reckon there will be separate Index's in different countries so as to make media more relevant, maybe one big merged Index in the future. Imagine the carnage with MB admin.

• @Chris-C said in The FI expansion Project:

I would not have thought that any money would come out of English players no matter which country joins, although you would expect an influx of new money to come into players from the joining country.

There in lies the answer. If italy joined then everybody would anticipate italian players rocketing so they would IS loads of other players to get ahead of the curve on all the italian players

• @MickTurbo You you may well be right, but do you not think that it would/should be new money that gets added to the index to take advantage of the situation, rather the recycling of money already tied up in players. Whether its new money or old you could still get ahead of the curve as that an issue of timing rather then where the money is coming from. It costs nothing to deposit cash where as you pay the spread and the commission to recycle money using IS and for what a quick flip to get a rise, sell and pay more commission? Better off dumping more (new) cash in to your port flipping that and then pay 1 lot of 2% by selling to market as hoards of Italians scramble to buy up your chosen players lol

but to be honest its by the by until it actually happens, could well end up a Lukeroro says and then this is irrelevant.

• @Chris-C yeh in an ideal world mate but in this eventuality youd be looking at absolutely certain profit so people would be looking to go big on italians and might not have 5 figures just lying about but will have in here.

Not saying I would so it myself, but say i had a few players i knew would be a quick and easy market sell i would very likely take advantage of that and load up on somebody like pellegrini or barella, even if it was just for a quick flip

• @Lukeroro said in The FI expansion Project:

I reckon there will be separate Index's in different countries so as to make media more relevant, maybe one big merged Index in the future. Imagine the carnage with MB admin.

This what I would want.

If a country like Australia was to join then just tag them on our index.

But the likes of Germany or Italy with big leagues of their own need a separate index. It would be too disruptive to our index adding them.

If it was a success then it would be good for FI and so good for our index. So we still get the benefit but without the uncertainty.