What is wrong with the current Matrix?

• @janner73 said in What is wrong with the current Matrix?:

@ScouseSte I think you're agreeing with me lol. I'm saying big chance missed shouldn't be penalised.

Oh haha! Yes :)

I didn't see the "n't" in shouldn't πŸ˜‚

• @Dalien-Smith Kind of. It shouldn't be all about goalscorers. It should be about those players that contribute the most to their teams winning which of course is often goalscorers but also match-winning defensive performances and creative play. Kroos gets a lot of stick about being the tap-tap PB king but he's actually far more than that - 7 key passes against PSG show how important he is to Madrid's overall play.

• @janner73 Don't get me wrong. I own Kroos shares. He's a phenomenal talent and makes significant contributions. Im just think looking at the best PB scores over a round the of games. There's often a lack of attacking players there. I don't think attacking play is rewarded enough. The balance still doesn't seem quite right.

Around goal scoring I'd like to see away goals and assists rewarded more. Nothing like going to another teams fortress and popping up with a goal to silence the west stand. Also goals that are self made with no assist. They should be rewarded more. You create a chance out of nothing surely should bring a reward.

• Ahhh the great scoring matrix debate again;

0_1574946061791_image1.png

• Statistics are getting more numerous, more detailed and more accessible so the future of FI should be good as long as the ship is steered with a bit of care. Long term it should be possible to have a matrix with very few holes in it.

We want a good balance of simplicity and detail so as it stands I think we need more detail, on top of basic changes.

Crosses should be rewarded with at least 2 points. But successful crosses at least 5.

Dribbling needs to be rewarded far more. It's a hard thing to do and you have to be a good player to succeed often. At least double the current points. This would help many forwards and attacking midfielders.

Something certainly needs to be done to help centre forwards. Big chances missed shouldn't be punished, just penalty misses.

An increase for ball recoveries, tackles and interceptions should help defensive midfielders.

Minus 5 for foul and offside seems excessive.

Then regarding detail positional variance could come into it. For example centre backs could be awarded more points for tackles, blocks and aerial duels. Forwards could be awarded more points for goals and dribbles - that would even out the current passing bias for midfielders somewhat.

• Missing a big chance and getting nothing from it is itself enough of a punishment, surely.

• I'm biased as I own but Nainggolan played the other week and scored 1 and assisted 3 for Cagliari against Fiorentina but that only managed a score of around 235. That sums up everything wrong with the matrix.

• I think everything should be raised by in the proportion, multiplied by 1.5 or even 2. Except passes. Then have forward passes acquire 3 points and sideways or backwards gain 1 point. Or something along those lines, food for thought.

Keepers get 10 points for a save (or 20 for a blocked shot, whatever that is!) They should get extra points for double and triple saves, say for a double 10+10 for the two saves, plus another 5 for the double. For a triple plus another 10 for the save and another 5 for the triple. So on and so forth.

I'd like it to be cleared up what the fuck a "successful dribble" even is. Because if I run 30 metres with the ball unchallenged, it seems that's the same as taking on 3 players and still holding the ball. For 2 points.. a take-on should be rewarded with 5/7 points.

I like the idea of points for distance covered. Say over 12k gets 15 extra points. Similarly over 40 sprints, as those short bursts are just as tough and should also he rewarded.

Sorry if these have been mentioned, I couldn't read the whole thread.

• Maybe a gwg should only be allocated if the margin of victory is one goal, therefore it's actually won the game.

• Oh, finally, minus 76 for hitting the first man with a corner. Jesus, there's no excuse. These "professionals" should be strung up for that, especially after you watch Santi Cazorla whip in gems with his left and right leg for 90 minutes.

• @Lukeroro said in What is wrong with the current Matrix?:

Oh, finally, minus 76 for hitting the first man with a corner. Jesus, there's no excuse. These "professionals" should be strung up for that, especially after you watch Santi Cazorla whip in gems with his left and right leg for 90 minutes.

One of the great modern mysteries the amount of top class players who cannot take a decent corner

1. Get rid of GWG
    2. Give goalkeepers their own PB category
    3. Get rid of failed crosses scoring so highly

That will do for now I think.

• Agree gwg is rewarded too highly. Fine give some extra points for a true gwg (eg. 2nd goal in 2-1 win), but it is stupid that is has such an impact just by being the first goalscorer in a rout!!

Bitter from last night for bruno fernandes losing star man to some nobody who scored a "gwg"

• GWG is their zero on the roulette wheel, it's the house edge, and for that reason they will probably never get rid of it.

To do so, would make PB much more predictable. I kind of like the fact a 15p player from nowhere can play the game of his life & win.

It gives hope to the little fish with small portfolios. So I vote it should stay.

• 99% of traders would like to see gwg as a true gwg surely, like 2-1, 3-2, 4-3.

• @Ericali said in What is wrong with the current Matrix?:

GWG is their zero on the roulette wheel, it's the house edge, and for that reason they will probably never get rid of it.

To do so, would make PB much more predictable. I kind of like the fact a 15p player from nowhere can play the game of his life & win.

It gives hope to the little fish with small portfolios. So I vote it should stay.

Haha it gives hope to those who trade in the lower end of the market you mean πŸ˜‰.

I do agree with you though, it's clearly there to give FI a potential "get out of jail free" card, as we saw highlighted perfectly last night with Fernandes pipped by the mighty Uros πŸ˜¨πŸ˜‚

• @Tom77 said in What is wrong with the current Matrix?:

99% of traders would like to see gwg as a true gwg surely, like 2-1, 3-2, 4-3.

But every game that is won, is won by some sort of goal surely, or else is would be a 0-0 draw.

I understand the thought process of a winning goal in a 2-1, or 3-2 victory - but if a team went 3-0 up (like Barca Vs Dortmund the other night) then Dortmund hit 2 late consolation goals - why is it correct for Barca's 3rd to be deemed the GWG?

As it was hardly 2-2 & on a knife edge when the winner was scored was it? πŸ€”

We can't have it both ways - so it has to be the way it is now.

• @ScouseSte said in What is wrong with the current Matrix?:

@Ericali said in What is wrong with the current Matrix?:

GWG is their zero on the roulette wheel, it's the house edge, and for that reason they will probably never get rid of it.

Haha it gives hope to those who trade in the lower end of the market you mean πŸ˜‰.

I could hold my own in the higher end if I wanted too.

10% of the people on here will be whales - 90% won't.

90% of the people likely to join this platform will operate on a budget - it's the 90% of the smaller guys that hold the collective might & we simply cannot rule out the possibility of them winning if we want the company to grow as a whole.

• I cannot get my head around how Uros Matic out performed Bruno Fernandes last night. Anyone know where I can see a breakdown of scores for each player?

• @weerab said in What is wrong with the current Matrix?:

@Ericali even if it’s just for hat tricks and not every goal there’s always been something special about scoring a hat trick , it nearly always wins the game for your team and it’s what everyone goes away talking about so should be the higher rewarder for me

Yeah, if first goal is 45, I'd like to see the second goal as 60, their goal as 75, 4th goal as 90, 5th as 105, etc. When Pulisic scored a hatrick the other week and someone pipped him by 2 points in midfield, it was ridiculous.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.