(Yet another) Sell Queue Question

• Just a quickie, I'm at the front of the sell queue on Pavard, which I would assume means whenever futures are bought from this point on, they are bought from me, until I no longer hold that player.

If this is correct then why do they sell in the most minuscule amounts? They all go in 1's or 2's, I think the most I've had is 5 in one transaction and the same thing happened when I sold Messi last week - you have to scroll for ages on my transaction history to get to the next player sold!

So basically what I'm asking is am I right and there are people literally buying two futures a time in £2 players?

• @Hound yes some of us don’t have lots of cash; I top up in ones and twos using dividend cash.

• @Sav2000 That's fair enough, just wanted to make sure I was properly at the front of the queue, buying a future at a time would send my OCD into overdrive I think.

• @Hound haha me too normally buy in blocks of 50 when I invest but I always have one player I use divs for until they hit 50 then I pick my next one.

• It often depends on the player. I sold 100 Ryan Christie this morning and they sold in random amounts (39, 4, 1, 2, 1, 10, 1, 2, 8, 32). I also sold 100 Kane and they went in 1 go. I'd say people do top up with divs and Pavard is a good example of 1 people may be keen to top up on, but also someone you may see bought in the 100s, so they could go any minute...

• @Webbinho Yep that's true, someone has just bought a chunk of 20, so hopefully they'll all shift tonight as I have my eye on someone for tomorrow.

• 0_1575046228955_F718931B-3706-4C85-B706-065086CF52BB.jpeg
    I had David Silva up for sale before Saturdays game. First sale was at kick off Champions league game. Thought great. Sold 2 during game. Still selling in ones and twos. Got 600 to sell!
    Same for Moreno.

• @LittleFish said in (Yet another) Sell Queue Question:

0_1575046228955_F718931B-3706-4C85-B706-065086CF52BB.jpeg
    I had David Silva up for sale before Saturdays game. First sale was at kick off Champions league game. Thought great. Sold 2 during game. Still selling in ones and twos. Got 600 to sell!
    Same for Moreno.

Smart move cancelling those Messi sales 😉😂

• @ScouseSte I was just trying to lock in a bit of profit. Got lots of them.

• Probably a stupid question but how do you know where you are in the sell queue? Is there somewhere that shows it or is it just because you've started to see some sell?

• @BlameItOnTraore said in (Yet another) Sell Queue Question:

Probably a stupid question but how do you know where you are in the sell queue? Is there somewhere that shows it or is it just because you've started to see some sell?

Correct on your second point mate. You have no idea, it just happens.
    When order books come in, you'll be able to see - think of how the Betfair exchange works, it will be similar to that

• Am I right in saying that you will always market sell for a higher price than if you IS? And I am guessing that the size of spreads give you a good idea of how many are in the sell queue?

I have had a couple of useless buggers in the sell queue for ages now and in retrospect I should have IS'd them because I think opportunity cost is probably higher than the spread. Assuming I wouldnt have just invested in another dog or two 😆
    Easy when a player is still on the up but tricky to time it before demand dies.
    All part of the FI learning curve.

• I just realised that first question is really stupid and that of course it can be lower if someone mass ISs that player before you get to front of queue.

• Ok, so i put a player in the sell queue yesterday when he was 1.66 I set the reserve to be £1.65 because I wanted him to go for the top price or not at all. This morning his price is now £1.67 but my player is still in the queue. How come? Wouldn't people have to buy all the £1.66 stock first for the price to move up?

• @Ralph-Wiggum someone else will have taken the player out of the sale queue, meaning the price has increased without any actual purchase of that player

• @Ralph-Wiggum there could be 10p worth of shares in the queue in front of you, you just cant tell where you are

• @Coleyscrooge Or there were more futures that were ahead in the queue and thee have been purchased first. It would only take 900 shares (or whatever the delta is at that price) to be ahead in the queue and purchased for the price to go up.

• Thanks guys. Order books is going to make this so much better.

• @Ralph-Wiggum said in (Yet another) Sell Queue Question:

Ok, so i put a player in the sell queue yesterday when he was 1.66 I set the reserve to be £1.65 because I wanted him to go for the top price or not at all. This morning his price is now £1.67 but my player is still in the queue. How come? Wouldn't people have to buy all the £1.66 stock first for the price to move up?

The reserve price has nothing to do with where you are in the queue - by setting a reserve price all it does is protect you from selling at less than the price you set, by the time it comes round to your turn in the queue. If you set a reserve of £1.66 and, by the time it gets to you the price is only £1.63, then your sale gets cancelled.

My advice to everyone is NEVER set a reserve price when market selling. It takes long enough as it is, without having sales cancelled and having to start again.

• Sorry lads another quick question, on the spread for IS...does the gap have to do with anything in particular such as how many futures are up for sale in that player or is it just large if they've taken a sharp rise recently?

Some of my players have very small gaps between buy and sell prices, some are quite large and just wondering if this is indicative of any particular trends or just FI hedging their bets.

Cheers,

Lee