Massive rapid buying of players who score a goal

• Seen this a few times in my short time here already.

Another example, when Grealish scored for Villa at OT just now there were people buying hundreds of shares in him for 6/7/800 quid, lots of folk.

Why so?

Just a massive outlay in the hope his price is up enough tomorrow to sell and make a quick profit?

Or am i missing something?

• Grealish is a bit different, I think there has been a feeling about a bit of an audition fro a move to OT.
    Also he is miles of Maddison and mount price. People will want to get on now.

This goal is like conformation he is a class player hence the big rise quickly.

Could get linked to Man U, call for england...

• We already knew his ability.

I just cant understand why one goal means folk lay out thousands on a player?

• You will find this happens all the time.. The gamblers get there fix for the quickest finger first and you will find the same player crashes after the match.. I personally stay well clear of this option but if you are a short term trader you might get a buzz from it.. Just be careful and get out before the player starts to drop which is easier said than done

• @NewUser485134 because he is going up in price

• @NewUser485134 said in Massive rapid buying of players who score a goal:

We already knew his ability.

I just cant understand why one goal means folk lay out thousands on a player?

With more experience on the index you would understand.

It’s just lifted his profile and gives people more reasons to get on him.

Maddison is early £5 and really he is no better and has almost the exact same factors grealish does.

There’s are lots of layers to it but experience will tell you why these things happen.

• @NewUser485134

Those who got on the quickest will probably do so with the intention of market selling 10-15 minutes down the line at a higher price.

It's just recognizing the opportunity and exploiting it. I dont do much of it but when adama got his brace against city I IS'd 200 frenkie de Jong, immediately bought however many adama that equated to, and 10 minutes later I market sold and had enough money to buy 220 frenkie's iirc.

I'd do it a lot more but I'm still building a port really so dont often have a huge cash balance. Really should though

• @NewUser485134 I know what your saying but I dont think it's because of one goal, the goal just speeding up his inevitable rise. I stocked up after he scored and for me it's because hes got massive potential to carry on increasing over the long term and I wouldnt look at him as a short term flip.

• Thanks for the replies fellas.

Seems to me to make money on such a short term strat youd need to be smashing £500 in minimum and selling very quickly after for what, 20/30 profit if that?

• @MickTurbo said in Massive rapid buying of players who score a goal:

@NewUser485134

Those who got on the quickest will probably do so with the intention of market selling 10-15 minutes down the line at a higher price.

It's just recognizing the opportunity and exploiting it. I dont do much of it but when adama got his brace against city I IS'd 200 frenkie de Jong, immediately bought however many adama that equated to, and 10 minutes later I market sold and had enough money to buy 220 frenkie's iirc.

I'd do it a lot more but I'm still building a port really so dont often have a huge cash balance. Really should though

It’s not mate, he is going somewhere, you watch the media talk about grealish now non stop.
    Today was the perfect game for him to do something.
    I guarantee some big traders have gone in big.
    If it was a quick flip people would have dumped as soon as Utd goal went in. (Pb)

• Just as a write that Robbie savage calling grealish a utd player......

• @Tom77 oh yeh hes bound to head towards mount and Madison's price, I dont think theres any doubt about that but if I'd had £500-1k in my balance I'd of just loaded up the second that goal went in and I'd have already flipped him by now for near enough 10% profit. I cant be the only one who thinks like that

• @MickTurbo said in Massive rapid buying of players who score a goal:

@Tom77 oh yeh hes bound to head towards mount and Madison's price, I dont think theres any doubt about that but if I'd had £500-1k in my balance I'd of just loaded up the second that goal went in and I'd have already flipped him by now for near enough 10% profit. I cant be the only one who thinks like that

Yes there are times to do that but this isn’t, grealish is heading towards the transfer window and england call up spec.
    Not many will be dumping while he is still well under £3.

• @Tom77

Yeh you're right. But the OP mentioned seeing it a few times and named grealish as just the latest example.

Undoubtedly grealish has plenty going for him at the minute but to properly answer the question about this pile in that we see all the time it's relevant to mention this type of very short trading, hence the example I gave with adama

• A lot of what happens on FI is irrational but not unpredictable. New users should always spend some time observing how the market moves I’d say.