Capital needed?

• I stuck in £500 but it seems to me unless you are chasing dividends on mb/pb, there isnt much money to be made that way.

From my research it would appear im far better off sticking 10k in on say a port of 10 players, 1k worth in each, who i think long term will certainly grow.

Whats your thoughts on how much capital you need upfront to really make some proper money out of this, and i dont just mean 20 quid a month, but a few hundred at least?

• Banned

@NewUser485134
    A better question is what % a month can you make on your money?

That answer is the same whether you put in £2 or £2000

• The more money you put in the more you get out mate. Just make sure you don’t put yourself in trouble financially by other committing

• @MrWh1te there's still the option of making good money on smaller amounts

I bought Akieme at 21p just over a month ago. He's now 34p. Not saying you should put it all in one player, but if you had, you have made over £250. There will be lot of examples of others doing similar.

Likewise, I cocked up by cashing out on TAA at £2.20. I had 27 shares in him so would have made an additional £115 if I'd kept him now.

• Banned

@Moukoko @Staggz88
    % is same though

• @MrWh1te sorry, didn't realise I replied to you. Meant to reply to the OP

• @MrWh1te you can't spend %. 20% increase on a £100 over a month is very good but for me would work out about 1p hour for all the time I'm spending on this malarkey 😄

• I put in 2k which I'm sure is less than most. It was the most I felt comfortable losing (worst event).

It was enough for me to do well and have a varied port. I usually held around 18 - 23 players with around 5% of the port devoted to each.

• Yeah it took me a while to get used to that and for a while refused to put much in. It's a big jump chucking a tenner on a Saturday betting to suddenly sinking in a few k, especially for those like me with not a huge amount of disposable income. But I realised if I wanted to make money that's what I had to do. If it's helpful, I have set a bailout point where I would withdraw everything. And made that promise to my partner so I didn't put our money at risk!! That was super important. I sunk in a decent amoint of savings once I understood the platform (a few k) but if I every hit -100 quir I would withdraw everything and take a small loss. Once I hit 5% growth I changed it that I would withdraw if I ever hit as low as 2% profit so I can't lose from this point.

I do think FI could do a bit better in helping your average punter into a similar mindset. It's a massive change of thinking for everyday punters, who ultimately we want to attract here if we wanna see the massive growth we want. I think sometimes it's taken a bit for granted that people will sink in even a few hundred, when actually they need to have some of their fears appeased e.g. unless a player retires you won't lose your original stake

• @MrWh1te yeah mate what you said was spot on.

Was just tryna explain in simpler terms for those who don’t understand percentages lol

• You need to put in 100k minimum and buy these players
    Anthony Martial 10k
    Marco Asensio 10k
    Dani Ceballos 10k
    Alexandre Lacazette 10k
    Timo Werner 10k
    Philippe Coutinho 10k
    Rhian Brewster 10k
    Toni Kroos 10k
    Lionel Messi 10k
    Eric Djemba-Djemba 10k

🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

• @NewUser485134 said in Capital needed?:

I stuck in £500 but it seems to me unless you are chasing dividends on mb/pb, there isnt much money to be made that way.

From my research it would appear im far better off sticking 10k in on say a port of 10 players, 1k worth in each, who i think long term will certainly grow.

Whats your thoughts on how much capital you need upfront to really make some proper money out of this, and i dont just mean 20 quid a month, but a few hundred at least?

You have a good strategy. To make serious money, where you can live on it, pay for holidays, buy a car, etc, you need at least a 5-figure sum.

• @Gregolocky said in Capital needed?:

Eric Djemba-Djemba

Oh, I like the last pick. He's one of United talents with a bright future in '03-04 or so.

• @Victory I forgot to mention that post was in complete jest 😜