My first year on FI....

• Been here for just over a year now with a £1k investment making around a 89% return.

Most of my profit has came through cap app with around £75 in divs returned. My best buys were Madison at 2.29, Sancho and Maguire before things got crazy.

I’ve made countless mistakes though, buying and selling Chilwell, Alejandro Gomez, Grealish, Ricardo P way before I should have...they went on to double and more.

Portfolio has changed now to a selection of more established players.

Maddison
    Sancho
    Havertz
    Grealish
    Kroos
    TAA - purchased too high
    B Fernandes
    N Murru

My big hope for the next 12 months is Havertz. He looks destined for a big move and is still reasonably priced.

I’ve learnt I can make impulsive decisions that cost me. It is nearly always a poor decision to buy a player on a spike for IPD purposes.

When buying a player I must remember to ask myself why. They either need to be an established PB or have a reason as to why they could grow further.

In terms of the format I’m surprised FI has still fails to allow basics on the app such as cancelling a market sale. IPOs remain a mystery to me too, have never got involved.

Overall a successful year and I’m looking forward to seeing how it will grow further.

• Well done - you need to be wary of purchasing too high. 👍

As you admit, you can get badly burnt on it. When people have BIG rises (Kroos, TAA) they are likely to have a drop off that follows.

If you buy at the end of the rise - you could be left looking at the red for a while.

Alli & Grealish I personally would be wary of too. Not because they are bad players - but because of the rapid percentage rise of the increase.

It's boom & bust mentality - and many can get caught in the crossfire.

• @Archer22 hi, welldone on your roi

Just a quick point, you can cancel a market listing. If you go into your portfolio and swipe the player left then it gives you the option to cancel the listing

• I'm more aless one year in 57pc profit take that. Likewise few players regret selling, don't feel this season Kroos/TAA over priced not with euro 2020 as well as European knockout football on the horizon.

• Weirdly I was going to post a thread this week to celebrate my first year on FI... so I'll hijack yours if that's OK.

I think we have a similar story - I've invested a total of £5000, and on the face of it I have 87% ROI (including cap app, dividends, and bonuses). However, the caveat is that I started with £1000, put £3000 more in February time, and then a final £1000 in June - so my ROI is actually well over 100%.

My trading style is passive, with a view to the long term. I have 120 players, covering a range of opportunities - MB, PB, establish stars, promising youngsters, and complete cheap punts.

I should note that I have £381 in dividends in that time, so just over £1 a day average, and I don't reinvest them, so that also reduces my maximum potential ROI slightly.

It's been a fun year for sure.