Portfolio advice after 3 months

• Hey guys I’ve been on for 3 months and I’m up 13% so far. 3.2K invested.

Although now not sure what moves I should make with my port as it’s been stagnant past few weeks.Initially I had set out to have a portfolio of 50% MB holds, 25% PB holds and 25% cap app players but I reconsidered because I didn’t have a lot of money to put in and I thought I’d be better off going purely for cap app and purchasing hundreds of shares in cheap players.

That strategy worked okay for the limited time I tried it although when the dividend announcement was made I got Fomo and jumped on the PB holds like Kroos, Parejo, Messi, TAA, Ronaldo. Luckily I jumped on Kroos and Parejo early however I jumped on Messi, Ronaldo and TAA at their peaks and I’m in the red on quite a few players in my port. Here’s my port:

2_1575286345971_482E3130-7CD2-4D5A-AEC9-FE7B17893691.png 1_1575286345961_E215D345-18E1-455A-B214-CEFD10577F10.png 0_1575286345959_CEA6A3F2-4DA8-4870-BECC-B5CFAFD822E8.png

Now not sure what to do as I’m seeing players rising but I have money tied up in these players and I feel like I’m missing out on massive cap app opportunities elsewhere. For instance I was eyeing bale at £1.88, he’s now seen a rise. I’m not sure how I can capitalise on the short term cap app opportunities. I have good profit in Kroos that I could take but I’m sure he’s still gonna rise more so I’m hesitant to sell. Not looking at more deposits at the moment as I’d try to grow the money I have invested now.

Im also a bit confused cause I see lots of flipping and wondering how people are managing to profit so quickly. Any tips on what works well when trading short term and what doesn’t? Also any ideas on strategy that are working well for others?

• @Zbak59 I'd offload Seferovic now (hope you didn't purchase off the back of a tip by a certain forum member).
    Benfica looking like going out of Europe so he's a dead hold until the Euros.

If you want to trade short-term then really you've got to be relatively quick at reacting at news, and then not too greedy for profit and market sell while the player is still on the rise. It's not always easy and for everyone that's winning "flipping" there are plenty of losers.
    The upcoming transfer window is going to be absolutely crazy for flipping - big profits and big losses will be made but you'll only ever hear from the winners.

• @janner73 thanks for the reply. Yes I bought Seferovic before the 2 qualifiers as I thought he had a good chance of performing in those games. And yeah I was made aware about him by that forum member 😂

I’m gonna try the flipping with the Seferovic money and see how it goes.

• @Zbak59 It was unlucky to be fair getting injured in the warm-up. When something like that happens you just have to be ruthless and decisive in decisions. IS, get out of it and move on.
    No flipper makes profit on every flip - you need to cut the bad trades quickly so they don't eat away at the profit from the good ones if you're playing the short-term game.

• @Zbak59 said in Portfolio advice after 3 months:

@janner73 thanks for the reply. Yes I bought Seferovic before the 2 qualifiers as I thought he had a good chance of performing in those games. And yeah I was made aware about him by that forum member 😂

I’m gonna try the flipping with the Seferovic money and see how it goes.

I would consider holding those in a deficit (unless you need the money for a better opportunity) & wait for the tide to turn.

Cash out on your winning bets - it's not money until it's banked. Always have a target in mind on a bet.

• @Ericali Just like you still hold Seferovic???
    He was bought for a reason which isn't there now - he's unlikely to rise again until a month or so before the Euros so why would advise someone to continue to hold at a loss when you've already bailed (at a loss)??

• @janner73 said in Portfolio advice after 3 months:

@Ericali Just like you still hold Seferovic???
    He was bought for a reason which isn't there now - he's unlikely to rise again until a month or so before the Euros so why would advise someone to continue to hold at a loss when you've already bailed (at a loss)??

I needed the money for elsewhere.....

That's what I put in my answer if you take the time to read it.

It doesn't matter if it takes until a month outside the Euro's if he can afford to hold, if he's a long term trader with the 3 year bet.

The principal is cashing out a winning bet to make profit - if you cash out a losing bet, you are effectively choosing to LOSE money.

If you choose to do that - you have to be confident you can make that money work for you elsewhere.

• @Ericali He's already said he bought for those 2 games if you take the time to read. That situation is already gone.
    90% of the market will provide a better return in the next 3 months - the thought that every trade has to be a winning one is what hurts profits not taking the loss. Cutting losses quickly on a bad trade is very often the best course of action.

• @Ericali To be honest if I'd though about Seferovic earlier I wouldv'e just got rid earlier. the next internationals are in March and he's not in a PB league either so I think I'd rather have that money working for me elsewhere. 20 pound loss to IS which is not too bad.

Just not sure who to plump for with that money now lol

• @janner73 it is in certain situations.

I had nearly 1.5k in seferovic - I wasn't going to leave that for 6 months when I could take £150 loss & play with the other funds.

He has £144 invested. He may as well wait it out.

If it was serious cash like TAA and worth £600+ I'd advise him to put it to use elsewhere.

• @Ericali Fair enough if that's your way of trading - even at £144 Id want that money working better for me than sat there dead for 3 months. He could have bought nearly 200 Maja for that 7 days ago and made the loss back ;)

• @janner73 said in Portfolio advice after 3 months:

@Ericali He's already said he bought for those 2 games if you take the time to read. That situation is already gone.
    90% of the market will provide a better return in the next 3 months - the thought that every trade has to be a winning one is what hurts profits not taking the loss. Cutting losses quickly on a bad trade is very often the best course of action.

I agree with this. I'd rather take the loss now and have the money working elsewhere rather than have it sat in Seferovic for months where his price is likely to be stagnant

• @janner73 well yeh, that's where some of my money went - shame he didn't ask the question 8 days ago! 😂