Planning on buying on this recent dip.

• So I’ve deposited another £300 with the hopes of buying/topping up on some players whilst their prices have gone down.
    I’ve narrowed it down to 3 options I’m comfortable with (open to considering more). Would like to hear people’s thoughts

1: Top up on Brandt. I currently hold 175 of him at £1.93.
    2: Buy back into Barella. I did hold him but sold at a profit when PB announcement was made to reshuffle the portfolio and funds.
    3: Since I don’t have any Dutch or Spanish players, planning on buying one for upcoming Euros. Haven’t decided on which players from either nation, so am open to suggestions.

For context, my port consists of 7 players, Neymar, Messi, Kroos, Brandt, Savanier, Halstenburg and Thauvin

• @Andy Personally for CA I'd go back on Barella. Or for the same reason Fernandes..European football, Euros, transfer spec and possibly a PB beast (ish).

• Barella is quite an interesting option, think Fabian Ruiz is a good choice too. Halstenberg has had a decent drop too, Thorgan Hazard looks a decent price but guess you don't want 2 people from Dortmund. Maybe wait for the Bundesliga Christmas drop

• @Andy said in Planning on buying on this recent dip.:

oos, Brandt, Savanier, Halstenburg and Thauvin

i went through the same process recently and went all in on Barella,

• All this Barella pumping and noone mentions his injury? Classic trap for new users...

• @Hotspur well that is why he is in the dip period currently. People should know this if they know anything about football.

• @gball1975 agreed they should, but not everyone does the research sadly. It's quite a big injury and I wouldn't be buying now personally.

• @Hotspur prognosis only seems to be for roughly 6 weeks?

• @ChazFI123 Yep should be back after winter break from everything I've read.

• @janner73 @ChazFI123 Yep just checked myself...the 'General of Inter' will be back in January.

• Just thought I’d give an update as to what I went with in the end.
    Ended up buying back Barella, about 150 holds in him.
    Also dabbled a little bit in Depay to cover the Netherland/Spanish shaped hole in my port. Netherlands also looking like a strong favourite to qualify to knockouts, plus Depay being a forward playing in Ligue 1 seems like a good option for PB as well in the meantime

• @Andy nice mate, Depay is my joint 2nd biggest hold. Just been offered a new contract at Lyon, hopefully he signs it- don't want him leaving that farmers league!! As long as he doesn't move (unless it's PSG) he's one of the best holds out there IMO

• @ChazFI123 said in Planning on buying on this recent dip.:

@Andy nice mate, Depay is my joint 2nd biggest hold. Just been offered a new contract at Lyon, hopefully he signs it- don't want him leaving that farmers league!! As long as he doesn't move (unless it's PSG) he's one of the best holds out there IMO

Agreed. Fingers crossed he does sign it, if not at least he has the rest of the season and Euros. PSG would be the ideal transfer of choice. If he does move at least there’ll be some speculation, hopefully rumours of a return to England to bump his price up a bit

• I really hope he doesnt sign it. He has been on fire the last 18 months, lots of clubs would be interested especially after a strong Euros. The MB would be crazy and then to end up at a high profile club. Depay looks such a sound trade right now.

• @BarbayanBrawler but a move could effect how good his PB score is; in France he can smash it up and win. If he goes to say Spurs or Liverpool he’s unlikely to be the main man. Short term MB yes but longer term dividends might be affected; I’m a holder and I’d rather he stayed until the summer having had a great Euros.

• In my opinion he's in the perfect situation in terms of FI, he's the main man at Lyon, gets to take everything, plays against farmers most weeks so should be in with a chance of PB regularly. Would I rather he played for a harder team, where he isn't the main man and doesn't take set pieces etc just to have a couple weeks MB? No chance.