Order Books Oracle

• Ok, it seems like a lot of people are confused with order books. 🤔

Any questions - I'll gladly answer. What are people concerned about / what exactly don't they understand?

• @Ericali I think I understand them, but can you give a brief synopsis to make sure 👍😁

• @Ericali if you don’t mind could you explain the concept and basics to me? I have absolutely no idea what they are

• @Ddr to simplify, order books will close the chasms between the buy price & the instant sell option.

Another user will in theory, fill the gap with an offer to buy the sellers share at less than market value, but more than then instant sell price on offer from football index.

• Yeh I think I understand the basics now... But we don't know what we don't know... So how do you see it playing out?

• how much will the value of our ports fluctuate

• do you still think the rapid rises will happen

• order books are bought in tomorrow; I want to buy josh maja... How does it happen? Do I still buy from FI at peak or do I put in an offer and hope someone sells?

• @Andy see above - I've just gone through it with @Ddr 👍

• @Ericali cheers, pretty much what I thought

Technically you should tell Andy to see above not below 😜😂

Does that mean we could also set a higher price than the current buy price?

• @Ericali will the instant sell option still be available ?

• This post is deleted!

• @Vespasian32 said in Order Books Oracle:

Yeh I think I understand the basics now... But we don't know what we don't know... So how do you see it playing out?

• how much will the value of our ports fluctuate

• do you still think the rapid rises will happen

• order books are bought in tomorrow; I want to buy josh maja... How does it happen? Do I still buy from FI at peak or do I put in an offer and hope someone sells?

• The value of the portfolio should remain the same in relation to the share price. The portfolio value will only drop if you take less value for your shares.

• Rapid rises will have exactly the same principle as they do now - nothing changes.

• If you wanted to buy Josh Maja at below share value - you have to hope someone is selling him. If no one has him in the queue & you couldn't tempt someone with a 67p offer - you would have to buy from FI at full price.

• @Ericali said in Order Books Oracle:

@Ddr to simplify, order books will close the chasms between the buy price & the instant sell option.

Another user will in theory, fill the gap with an offer to buy the sellers share at less than market value, but more than then instant sell price on offer from football index.

So how would this work in terms of you selling your shares in a player? Would you be able to set a min. price you’d be happy to let the player go at? Does this also mean you wouldn’t know exactly at what price a player will sell at, but only a range between the full buy now price and the instant sell price?
    Is it kinda similar to bidding where if you say you wanted to buy at price A, but someone comes in and wants to buy higher at price B, you end up getting the money from the person paying price B?

• @Ddr said in Order Books Oracle:

@Ericali cheers, pretty much what I thought

Technically you should tell Andy to see above not below 😜😂

Does that mean we could also set a higher price than the current buy price?

No, you can't get a higher price.

• @Woody said in Order Books Oracle:

@Ericali will the instant sell option still be available ?

You would think they would have to retain the instant sell option. 👍

• @Ericali So the sell order would already have to be in place before any buys go through at below the 'FI current price'? Can see a lot of people trying to buy at below the current price with no sell orders to complete? If that makes sense...

Hope it is simple to use from the app/website point of view.
    Some kind of slider with the IS price and current buy price at each end then you can chose to set a sell price somewhere in the middle?

I like the concept but have no real trading background so need to do some reading. Can see it being pretty messy when they come in for a few weeks..

• @Ericali and I can't buy 1 share of maja, then accept a buy order for 1p thus lowering his price so I can then buy more at 1p

... So what im getting at... What will set the buy price and sell price... If its not the top price the punters are willing to pay? So if we go live tomo... Maja is 67p but someone puts an order in to buy him at 50p...how will his price be affected? And what about if someone takes the carrot and sells for lower than current buy price... Does that lower his buy price for all holders? (more realistically letsa say he's 67p, IS is 62p and someone puts an offer in at 65p which someone accepts and sells)??

Would the buyer own maja for 65p with value 67p...or is maja's new value 65p for everyone?

• I understand them. I just want them to hurry up and happen.

• There will have to be some kind of comms from FI as to how they are going to work and most likely there will be some test users.
    I have a decent understanding of how they will work but all the finer details we will just have to wait and see.
    It’s a massive job to just change the platform dynamics and I expect FI to give everyone plenty of time and warning with the right information on how they are going to work.

• One at a time people - I'll answer all the questions, just bear with me. 👍

• Banned

@Ralph-Wiggum
    I seem to the opposite to everyone else. I do NOT want them to hurry up and get here.

No-one really knows what will happen but personally I feel it will be more a race to the bottom rather than the top.
    It will help flippers I think as everyone scrambles to sell for the best price. But it will keep top players at a lower ceiling.

Of course, this is all conjecture, but it all comes down to the psychology and on FI, people always seem to sell too quick etc and I think that will compound.

• @Andy said in Order Books Oracle:

@Ericali said in Order Books Oracle:

@Ddr to simplify, order books will close the chasms between the buy price & the instant sell option.

So how would this work in terms of you selling your shares in a player? Would you be able to set a min. price you’d be happy to let the player go at? Does this also mean you wouldn’t know exactly at what price a player will sell at, but only a range between the full buy now price and the instant sell price?
    Is it kinda similar to bidding where if you say you wanted to buy at price A, but someone comes in and wants to buy higher at price B, you end up getting the money from the person paying price B?

If you was selling shares in Player A who costs £1.50 a share to market, you could list 100 (or however many you want) at £1.45, but if another user comes in wanting to sell shares in the same player at £1.44 he will go ahead of you in the queue, because he is willing to take less.

All he's shares will have to go, before people start buying your's - unless you undercut him at £1.43 & so on....