Schlupp (40p)

• Came off bench tonight to play 60 mins for a team with 10 men who where dominated in terms of posession and hit a PB of 113. Imagine they didnt have 10 men and had more of the ball...

He has scored 2 in his last 2 which for a defender is really good.. 2p per goal IPDs.

He will get more game time with van aanholt coming off injured.

2p spread which is very low and palace play watford next so hopefully his goal scoring form continues.

• @TRADER101 could be a decent shout. Seen him mentioned in a thread earlier, at that price it's a low risk trade for some potential ipds.

• @TRADER101 113 score with a GWG is quite poor if you ask me. Based off that score, just proves to me he isn’t a PB player

• Already seen the % increase AVOID!

• @TRADER101

SO..It had taken Schlupp 142 matches to score in consecutive games, with is top-flight career total now standing at 10 goals. The Hamburg-born player's goal was his only shot on target in the match, while he also made 33 touches on the ball, nine accurate passes at 52.9%, one interception and two clearanc

• @Jamestodd9 It had taken Schlupp 142 matches to score in consecutive games, with is top-flight career total now standing at 10 goals. The Hamburg-born player's goal was his only shot on target in the match, while he also made 33 touches on the ball, nine accurate passes at 52.9%, one interception and two clearanc

• @Andy Other than the single action of scoring the goal (45 points for goal, 35 points for gwg, 18 points for win, 3pts for shot and 5 points for a shot on target), he has scored a grand total of 7 in 60 minutes. Terrible PB player.
    People using PB scores in such a way either don't understand the matrix or are deliberately trying to mislead by implying the 113 was good. For the avoidance of doubt 113 with a gwg is terrible!

• @janner73 I think we see quite a bit of that on the forum. Player X wins PB on gold day/scores highly with a GWG and people instantly create a thread saying how they think that certain player will continue to rise, more often than not without any research behind stats.

Not that there is anything wrong with that to an extent, but I just don’t see how or why people think that the player is a shoe-in to automatically win PB again just cause they win it once. If a PB god like Messi doesn’t win consecutive gold days for example, how is anyone else supposed to have a chance? I don’t think some people understand how rare of an occurrence for most players it is to win gold days or produce high scores. I’m not trying to sound arrogant or patronising here, just wanted to raise a few concerns I have

• @Andy I agree.
    Any player on any day can hit a one-off good PB score - the bit that I think many people forget to understand is how repeatable that is.
    Never a better day for examples of that than today - top scores from Otavio, Battocchio and Maja but are any of them likely to re-produce those types of scores anytime soon? How often will Batticchio score a hat-trick? Or Otavio score 2 in a 6-0 win?
    You want to be on these types of players before they have they day in the spotlight and not buying them after for 30% more.

• I don’t think it’s fair to say he only scored 7 points other than the goal. The dribble for the goal would also have scored points so his score would actually be 4 I think.

• @Thatguy My sincerest apologies for missing those 3 points :)

• @janner73 hit the nail on the head there - repeatability. Like you said, quite common for a PB winner to be involved in a scenario that is highly unlikely to happen again. Using your example of a 6-0 win for Bordeaux, when will that happen again during the season? People asking why the Kroos or Messi’s of the index is priced so high, is because they can repeat their scores on a staggering level of consistency. Kroos could probably reach a score of close to 200 quite consistently without even getting an assist whereas most players would likely need a goal/GWG to get near that.

• Not fair to analyze PB score on a guy playing 60 minutes in a game 10 vs 11 ... I can’t imagine Palace having the ball all the time

More important for me that he delivered 14% dividends with 2 goals in 3 days. Not many defenders are scoring that much, and last year he scored 5. That’s enough to bring high dividends, he does not need to be a PB beast

• @NewUser455434
    He scored 4 last season in the league which was his highest ever.
    Based on his whole career 2 in 3 days is an anomaly which he wont repeat, and if he equals his 4 from last season he will score 2 more during the next 6 months. To catch those 2 you will need to trade in and out (paying 2% commission) every 30 days. And on top of that you'd be buying now after a spike.
    I cant think of much worse of a trade to make.

• @NewUser455434
    If you bought him before yesterday and got the IPDs and capp app fair play but buying today would be a bad move.

• @NewUser455434 correct. I would imagine most players who only play 60 mins in a match where it’s 10 v 11 and hardly have the ball would have scored any better. Even at his current price (39p) he’s a great shout for IPD especially if Van Aanholt is out for any length of time. 2p for every goal he scores is a massive % yield. Don’t think anyone is seriously going to hold him long term. If he can grab the odd goal and assist over the next 30 days and see some cap app like he has done last night he will prove to be a nice bit of short term business.

If he plays 90 minutes for the next couple of games, then we can analyse his PB credentials but like I said, very short term hold.

• @janner73 As you wish... but you are still assuming that he can’t deliver >200 with a GWG because you are biased. Basing your assumption on yesterday’s game is just misleading. I’ve seen top players delivering <100 PB with GWG

• @OldhamSam Why do you need the next couple of games to see his PB potential? He's played 13 games this season now, 8 of them as starts, so I can tell you his PB potential from those scores - it isn't pretty reading.

• @NewUser455434 Not being biased. There are PB scores available for every game he's played this season and they're poor.....consistently

• @NewUser455434 said in Schlupp (40p):

Not fair to analyze PB score on a guy playing 60 minutes in a game 10 vs 11 ... I can’t imagine Palace having the ball all the time

And let's be fair. I wasn't analysing the PB score. I was providing context to the very misleading opening statement that @TRADER101 made in this thread that a PB of 113 was somehow good.
    I will always challenge misleading or inaccurate statements.