Bundesliga players

• I currently hold 6 players in my port. 3 of them play in the Bundesliga, Pavard, Gunter and Schick.

Is it foolish to have half of my port facing the xmas break. All three seem to have been touted for various reasons recently but i have suffered a small loss on them in the last week and wondered whether the consensus was to jump ship to the PL or hold and be patient until end of Jan.

Any thoughts welcome

As an aside id welcome opinions on the safety of Sane as a hold. I think it is pretty unlikely he falls in value and reasonable to expect him to be priced at 3.50 to 4 by the time he is back in the side (or signed by Bayern).

• @NewUser477323 I hold a lot of Bundesliga players too, having asked similar questions before I plan on holding through the dip as all are longer term holds.

In hindsight might have been worth cashing in on a few and rebuying in the dip but that ship has sailed down.

So I guess for you it depends what type of investor you are; if you are a longer term trader then hold, but if you are shorter term jumping on and off players to max profits then you might want to sell.

• In the grand scheme of things it is a very short dip and not worth selling decent holds at low prices - all leagues play the same number of games over the course of the season.

When you know the cause of the dip is only temporary then there is no reason to panic sell.

• I hold a number of Bundesliga players too and I would agree with @Chris-J. I have purchased players with a view to see how they do over the course of this season and then over the summer (either for possible transfers or for participation in Euro 2020). A several week dip doesn't concern me and I am happy to ride it out and look at the longer term.

Of course, if you are a day trader or are looking for quick returns then that is a different story and your money might be worth investing elsewhere.

• They come back on the 17th Jan people will be buying a week before that.

Some have a euro game next week so still 5 games left before end december.

It’s pointless in selling them now and people will just get back on.

Also because they will be highlighted even more than ever I think they will bounce back even higher.

Keeping mine.

• Im lazy so ill just be holding german based players, maybe top up if they go cheap cheap

• @Tom77 said in Bundesliga players:

They come back on the 17th Jan people will be buying a week before that.

Some have a euro game next week so still 5 games left before end december.

It’s pointless in selling them now and people will just get back on.

Also because they will be highlighted even more than ever I think they will bounce back even higher.

Keeping mine.

Agree I’d just keep hold. I’d also suggest that people might start buying back before then in order to catch rises early. There’ll always be some who work at last minute but others who try to anticipate trends. Some of my euro PB players have dipped in advance of a break but are starting to rise again already in advance of a return from a break that hasn’t come yet.

• I seem to remember that last year you had drops for the break but the bounce back that followed was greater than those drops.

So if you timed it right there was nice profit to be made.

• @Chris-J said in Bundesliga players:

In the grand scheme of things it is a very short dip and not worth selling decent holds at low prices - all leagues play the same number of games over the course of the season.

When you know the cause of the dip is only temporary then there is no reason to panic sell.

Not strictly true... Bundesliga has four fewer games.

• I think a lot of predatory type traders will be praying that there is a big drop in Bundesliga players again this winter but I don't see it happening - people are becoming wiser to the trends, same with injuries. As soon as a player goes off injured, he used to plummet in price and continue to fall for a good few days after. Now though, they seem to bounce back much quicker.

I would presume any drops in decent bundesliga players will be very short-lived, as "bargains" will quickly get snaffled up

• I hold both Werner and Thuram and both have had unexplainable drops which I’m guessing coincided with this but I have no intention of selling up hold and wait until jan

• Too late to act. If you were going to jump off and jump back on you needed to do it a few weeks back. Yes they may get lower, i expect they will, but they will be sought after when games come back- especially with dates linked to optimal 30 day hols for IPDs. I just hold and use divs to buy any bargain top ups.

• So my Bundesliga players are RISING!

They have had a drop off over the last few weeks but I put that down to average performances.
    Now I'm thinking that THAT was the winter break dip and people are buying in already - does this seem to be the same for everyone?

• @ScouseSte yes noticed the same for mine also. Budesliga players seem in demand after a bit of a drop off.

• @ScouseSte yes and it's become a bit self fulfilling that people are buying now, some would see this as a chance to buy the perceived 'dip' on Bundesliga players.

Most whom feared the winter drop have sold, so, if market sentiment is assumed correctly, most Bundesliga players should go up in value between now and the next set of eligible games.

• Just taken a look a lot of mine have had a rise today however Weghorst (down to a £1) and Plea (down £1.30) haven’t moved up....so I treated myself to a Christmas 100 extra of each.

• @ScouseSte said in Bundesliga players:

So my Bundesliga players are RISING!

They have had a drop off over the last few weeks but I put that down to average performances.
    Now I'm thinking that THAT was the winter break dip and people are buying in already - does this seem to be the same for everyone?

My overall port of mixed players are rising. The player below is the only one playing in the Bundesliga. Yep, he's rising:

0_1577299531434_upload-ca88cf2f-2c97-4abd-9210-5dd311caba6a

• @Sav2000 said in Bundesliga players:

Just taken a look a lot of mine have had a rise today however Weghorst (down to a £1) and Plea (down £1.30) haven’t moved up....so I treated myself to a Christmas 100 extra of each.

That is a good price for Weggy depending on how many games there will be in the IPD period as he is normally good for some goals. Should be around and about the Netherlands team come the Euros too.

• I've got my eye on a few Bundesliga players in the IPD price range but I'm not gonna bother just yet since there aren't any fixtures till 17th jan. If the market speaks then my hand might be forced but really this is way too early

• @Ralph-Wiggum Weghorst for me is a euro pick so happy to top up even with lack of IPD for the next few weeks at that price