Outstanding levels of positivity in the FI community 👏

• Every few months we have a bit of a dip or a stagnant market on FI. Every few months, as regular as clockwork, posts start appearing on the forum and on Twitter along the lines of “market is tanking!”, “panic!”, “the arse has fallen out of FI!”.

Can I just say the last week or so has been a refreshing change, with excellent pragmatism and positivity from almost everyone. I’ve even seen posts on Twitter of all places where people are saying “holding through this” or “buy the dip”.

All markets go in cycles, there are always down days before the up ones. FI is working exactly as a proper financial market should.

I genuinely hope this is the FI community growing up and not just a flash in the pan!

• This post is deleted!

• @Coleyscrooge said in Outstanding levels of positivity in the FI community 👏:

Every few months we have a bit of a dip or a stagnant market on FI. Every few months, as regular as clockwork, posts start appearing on the forum and on Twitter along the lines of “market is tanking!”, “panic!”, “the arse has fallen out of FI!”.

Can I just say the last week or so has been a refreshing change, with excellent pragmatism and positivity from almost everyone. I’ve even seen posts on Twitter of all places where people are saying “holding through this” or “buy the dip”.

All markets go in cycles, there are always down days before the up ones. FI is working exactly as a proper financial market should.

I genuinely hope this is the FI community growing up and not just a flash in the pan!

alt text

• This post is deleted!

• Lot of lessons learnt in september I think

• This post is deleted!

Every few months we have a bit of a dip or a stagnant market on FI. Every few months, as regular as clockwork, posts start appearing on the forum and on Twitter along the lines of “market is tanking!”, “panic!”, “the arse has fallen out of FI!”.

Posts like this scare the crap out of me. Sat here looking at record profits, nothing in my port has dipped... so I can only assume some boys at the top have had a knock.... does that mean the lower end will suffer?

Was anyone around this time last year to comment on the lower end of the market?

• @Dan-The-Man said in Outstanding levels of positivity in the FI community 👏:

@Coleyscrooge said in Outstanding levels of positivity in the FI community 👏:

Posts like this scare the crap out of me. Sat here looking at record profits, nothing in my port has dipped... so I can only assume some boys at the top have had a knock.... does that mean the lower end will suffer?

Was anyone around this time last year to comment on the lower end of the market?

I was here last Xmas. It was a bear market with all levels of players continuing from about a couple of months prior to December. FI did a Xmas deposit bonus and things rallied for a few days and then started to drop again. Then FI announced that there was going to be a SS sometime in the New Year and the place went on a sustained bull market until February.

• @Londoner

I joined Dec 28th and remember feeling like things were moving at a decent speed..

• @Londoner they announced the share split mid November, but I’m not sure they gave a specific date at that time.

• @Gregolocky said in Outstanding levels of positivity in the FI community 👏:

@Londoner they announced the share split mid November, but I’m not sure they gave a specific date at that time.

No, there was no date. I remember in January traders was still guessing when the SS was going to happen and wanting to be put out of our misery.

• @Londoner Just checked there an it was 30th of November they announced there would be a Share split. So I’m guessing that’s when the bull market started 👍🏻

• @Gregolocky said in Outstanding levels of positivity in the FI community 👏:

@Londoner Just checked there an it was 30th of November they announced there would be a Share split. So I’m guessing that’s when the bull market started 👍🏻

The bull market definitely started in mid-December after the deposit bonus. FI brought in the bonus to try to reignite the market.

• 0_1575588666895_4C226791-8C6E-48FF-8602-72947B99DF77.jpeg

Guys there was no deposit bonus this time last year. There was a bit of speculation and AC quashed it pronto.

The share split was announced in November (that it would happen) and then the details were confirmed in Jan.

Sorry @Londoner but your posts above are incorrect.

• Firstly. The confidence in the market is because there’s lots of value here whereas very often in the past we’ve been sitting on overpriced assets just hoping somebody will take them off our hands for more than we paid. The dividend increase has given us a safety net.
    Secondly. Last November and December were even more slow than now. There was no deposit bonus in this period. Then from between Xmas and new year right up until the SS we saw virtually consistent big growth, a great time. Let’s hope we can have it even just half as good this year.

0_1575588666895_4C226791-8C6E-48FF-8602-72947B99DF77.jpeg

Guys there was no deposit bonus this time last year. There was a bit of speculation and AC quashed it pronto.

The share split was announced in November (that it would happen) and then the details were confirmed in Jan.

Sorry @Londoner but your posts above are incorrect.

What part of it was wrong? I wasn't talking about when the announcement was made, I was talking about when the market started to fly. I was in Jamaica on 21th for 2 weeks and I made £700 profit before the end of the year. My flight was delayed by more than a day because of the Gatwick drone nightmare. I even made a thread about the profit which cheered me up after Gatwick. The market flew after the deposit bonus and the SS hint.
    Gatwick thread: https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/4813/good-fi-news-amid-gatwick-nightmare