3 year rule

• I've heard lots of people saying there is a 3 year rule on here... can someone explain more?

I've invested almost entirely into future stars so what happens after 3 years?

Thanks

• @NewUser126712

They have to be sold after 3 years otherwise they expire.... think of it has a use by date sell after 2 years 364 days or before

• If they expire do you still get the sell price? Need to keep tabs on when bought!

What happens if you top up on futures too?

• good question... I always wondered this too! I have scattered my shares and haven't kept track! do we sell all futures on a player at that time or just the ones we know which peried we bought at!

• @NewUser126712

No after 3 years if not sold before there removed from your portfolio wallet..
    . If you buy 100 on 2/4/2018 they expire on midnight of 1/4/21 I guess
    But if you buy 100 more on 4/5/2018 they would be ok till 3/5/21 midnight for example
    But the first lot would still expire however each shares bought are 3 years from the date you bought the fresh batch. Think of it like you go to shops and buy milk you use each carton before it’s use by indevidualy if you bought one on Monday and one Friday same here

• geezes webs I wish I kept track when I purchased some players! All I know is sell b4 the 3rd christmas! thanks for the information tho mate ill keep track of my next purchases.

• @NewUser113421 I think I've heard we'll get an email to tell us a bit before expiry.

To be honest the very first people who bought won't have even had his situation happen yet so I wouldn't worry. Once they find out I'm sure they'll let us know what happened.

Also in my opinion you won't keep any players for 3 years anyway. It's far too addictive to want to sell and reinvest.

• @Stevo

Unless you bought Kane Messi Salah Hazzard Pogba Salah in 2015 I cant see anyone having the disapline to keep 3 years! I buy and sell every day and update my portfolio 💼 every 60 seconds sometimes before and it won’t respond I’ve a doctors appointment for FI addiction ... I know I have it when I’m waiting for Buzz to drop in at midnight before I count sheep yesterday was counting ☀️ 🌞

• @Chicken-Badge Really? And there'll be no issues when someone goes into hosopital witha heart attack, stays ina coma for a week, comes out and finds their whole portfolio expired and has been transferred to Adam Cole's bank acocunt? Surely they just have to return your money!?!?!?!? I hope Adam is on good terms with the Daily Mail ha ha they'd love the aforementioned scenario.

• @Bernie-Madoff said in 3 year rule:

@Chicken-Badge Really? And there'll be no issues when someone goes into hosopital witha heart attack, stays ina coma for a week, comes out and finds their whole portfolio expired and has been transferred to Adam Cole's bank acocunt? Surely they just have to return your money!?!?!?!? I hope Adam is on good terms with the Daily Mail ha ha they'd love the aforementioned scenario.

Imagine the Headlines!! Student puts his loans into invisible footballers in 2015 in 2018 makes £100,000 then after a stay in hospital comes out to see his 100k of invisible footballers vanish along with his Loot!!!! CEO ———>👨‍💼 (not a great likeness $hit emoji) of Bet Index Mr Adam Cole refused to comment!!!

• It has not really been confirmed what will happen to your money after a 3year hold. I think the fair thing for Fi to do would be to automatically Instant sell all your futures at the IS price.

• @TradingJournal said in 3 year rule:

It has not really been confirmed what will happen to your money after a 3year hold. I think the fair thing for Fi to do would be to automatically Instant sell all your futures at the IS price.

Sounds good to me! Not that I’d ever hold that long not got the patience

• @NewUser126712 @Bernie-Madoff @Chicken-Badge @TradingJournal you can ask football index to provide you with an excel version of your entire trading history so you can very quickly look up who you'd need to sell by when

• @Chicken-Badge Nope i doubt i would either. 3 years is a life time on the index and in football in general

• @Noirx4

I rang them after my last playthough and they worked out I’d met it’s terms.. there pretty spot on with this sort of thing... so I think ringing them for this nearer the times a good idea think my Toby’s Mendy and Lamelas my longest holds I think I’ve rotated eriksen already I’ve also had always at least 100 Sonny’s but again bought and sold here too!

• @Noirx4 yep, I asked them nearly 2 weeks ago, chased it up last week, they said it’s taking longer than usual due to demand...imagine how long people will be waiting in 2 or 3 years time!

• @Bernie-Madoff

I rang up today to exquire about the missing IPO day they didn’t know said if there is any there will be an announcement on the blog! So keep a eye out... agatello must be suffering lack of sleep 💤 🛏 😴 by now.... so yes all that work at once can’t be much fun for them.. think there will just be a auto sell at 3 year feature maybe

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.