Is there any of you guys out there that just buy one or two players?

• I'm tempted to start a new strategy and just pump lots of money into one or two players and wondered if anyone had any success doing it?

• I am toying with the idea. I have so far been all about diversity and a wide net for div catching and having a foot in all cycles.

However now considering moving to trade with just profit. If i do that and diversify i will be spread too thin, so tempted (as it is profit at stake) to just chuck it on maximum 5 players at a time.

I doubt i will go ahead with that anytime soon though, but maybe next Summer if i can build up my profit further. I certainly wouldn't do it with hard earned money- I would be very careful with the risk factors and diversify.

• I have a five-figure portfolio and only ever have five players with between 20-30% in each. It's high risk/reward.

I prefer it because it means I manage each of the five of them very closely, am completely on top of my exit strategy, etc.

• @CBN I love that. I think it's a great idea. Do you mind me asking what players you have in your portfolio? I'm tempted to buy loftus cheek, neymar and a couple of cheaper options.

• @Tom7471 come close before... Had 50k split over 10. I think end of December is a good time to do it. As so many players are in a dip where you can guarentee a rise. You could buy thousands of shares in a proven div winner and ride them all the way to the euros with cap ap and divs virtually definite.

• @Tom7471 there is not huge rhyme and reason, which is partly deliberate as that creates a bit of diversity.

Current holds are Sancho (29.6%), Zaha (21.4%), Verratti (18.1%), Weghorst (16.0%), Jota (14.8%).

Reasons / exit strategy summarised:

Sancho - a safe place for a chunk of money heading into January.
    Zaha - was on before the spike due to fixtures and January.
    Verratti - will sit on him until he posts a huge score and spikes, Euros a good backstop.
    Weghorst - mainly for IPDs, EL and Euros a nice backstop for his price.
    Jota - fixtures and he comes good this time of year, Euros a backstop.

• @Vespasian32 10 players your max then for this type of strategy? 10 better than 5 for a bit more safety?

Care to give an example of a player?

I've suggested Sabitzer in a different thread for same reasons.

• @Tom7471 guess if Jan is really big and market liquidity is there and players reach new or return to previous peaks it could be a great time to clear out and refine strategies. I will be watching closely.

• @CBN that's awesome thanks for that info. I love verrati at that price but don't know soo much about the others but I'm very tempted to do that.

• @Vespasian32 that's cool. I'm very tempted to do this, it makes much more sense to me than having loads of players and not knowing what's happening with them all.

• @Westy yeah I think that's what I'm planning. People say not to sell in December which I get but also you get such bargains that if you do sell there are soo many cheap players out there that you can reinvest in some bargains.

• @Westy said in Is there any of you guys out there that just buy one or two players?:

@Vespasian32 10 players your max then for this type of strategy? 10 better than 5 for a bit more safety?

Care to give an example of a player?

I've suggested Sabitzer in a different thread for same reasons.

I did 10 cos I was very attached to some of the players I had. But I would have been better just on Neymar and pogba and I always like to have space for a wounded hero as very safe gradual returns.

If I was choosing a few now...

Werner - has won pb, will have transfer links, RBL have a couple more CL games at least, he will lead the line for Germany at Euros who should go deep.

Kroos - winning pb, Madrid and Germany should go deep in CL/Euros. Could be fastest riser if there is another div increase after the summer review. Could have transfer links to utd again.

Depay - the pb player I don't have and keep regretting it.

Sensi - coming back from injury... Inter either will go through to knockouts of CL or even better... Get into the Europa. He was doing well for club and Country... Fairly big dip at the moment

Kane... Mb, spuds on return, CL and Euros etc

The other usual suspects that tick same boxes... Sabitzer, kimmich... Brandt his 215 or something yesterday with no g&a he's really low price for a young star.

None of them will be the biggest risers cos of their price... But all will be more expensive in a few months time and can return divs... So stack high and youl make good money.

• My 5...

Fabian Ruiz
    Stefano Sensi
    Reece James
    Josh Dasilva
    Conor Gallagher

Not really. But I think they'd be a good 5. And I think it's a good strategy to have 5-10 well selected players. Takes some discipline though.

• I like to always have a port of 10 under and sit on players but you need huge amounts of patience when it’s stagnant or starting to drop