Are any of you guys not that knowledgeable about football doing well on here as I seem to struggle as my knowledge isn't that great.

• I'm a little bit of a football index fraud as football isn't my main sport and my knowledge is pathetic in comparison to all of yours. I feel that's why I struggle with the index more so than you guys. Just wondering if there was anybody out there who gets by without having an extensive football knowledge?

• If only your football knowledge was as good as your ability to create a new thread...

Anyway, football knowledge is clearly important but I honestly don’t think it’s the most important aspect. I have some friends that joined that have search a nerdy amount of football knowledge, they struggled as they would often buy/sell at the wrong time. There is also good money to be made on obvious players such as kroos recently, doesn’t have to be someone obscure.

If you can understand trends, have a sensible strategy, hold your nerve and combine that with doing a bit of research on the forum and elsewhere I’d say that’s better than just knowing a load about football.

• Reading a few of @ScouseSte posts I'm not sure he knows a lot about football - so I presume you can get by without extensive football knowledge. 👍

• @Ericali said in Are any of you guys not that knowledgeable about football doing well on here as I seem to struggle as my knowledge isn't that great.:

Reading a few of @ScouseSte posts I'm not sure he knows a lot about football - so I presume you can get buy without an extensive football knowledge. 👍

Ooooh burn lol

• @Tom7471 said in Are any of you guys not that knowledgeable about football doing well on here as I seem to struggle as my knowledge isn't that great.:

I'm a little bit of a football index fraud as football isn't my main sport and my knowledge is pathetic in comparison to all of yours. I feel that's why I struggle with the index more so than you guys. Just wondering if there was anybody out there who gets by without having an extensive football knowledge?

I'm football daft, and I do alright.

But even if I was to introduce my granny to the index, I could give her a few tips to make money.

Players rise and fall, so don't buy players who are on an upward trajectory ... wait till they dip, before investing. Think Kroos or TAA, they have peaked for the time being, so wait until the drop before getting involved.

Buy players who have recently obtained long term injuries, once the mass sell off has finished. It might take time, but it's slow, steady capital appreciation. Sane, Asensio, De Bruyne etc.

Always look to identifiable trigger points in the market. Think January transfer window, Euro 2020, Champions League knockout stages. The dates are set in stone, so prepare your portfolio accordingly, and well in advance.

Finally, don't react to trends/cycles ... predict them.

If you want to make money, you need to be invested in the trend before the masses get involved. For example, youth is out of fashion just now, and many of these kids have dropped considerably. Now might be the time to consider investing in youth, and waiting for the inevitable resurgence in their prices.

All the best! 👍

• Banned

I don't use football knowledge at all, it is all about 2 things for me:

1. Using the publicly available data/stats on divs, pb scores etc
    2. Psychology of people

Infact, I would argue it is better to NOT have football knowledge. It makes it easier to trade without emotion.

• Thanks guys that makes me feel much better. Trends is something I see on here a lot and I need to do some more research on them.

• @Ericali said in Are any of you guys not that knowledgeable about football doing well on here as I seem to struggle as my knowledge isn't that great.:

Reading a few of @ScouseSte posts I'm not sure he knows a lot about football - so I presume you can get buy without an extensive football knowledge. 👍

Haha you've poked the bear now mate 😉.

In answer to the original post, yes you can do well without ANY football knowledge. All you need to do is this... buy lots of cheap players and then dedicate your time on the forum to continually steering new, inexperienced traders to buy into that sector too.
    A bit like this...

0_1575799616742_Screenshot_2019-12-08-10-02-51-1.png

As you can see, it is easy to leave out the fact that buying cheaper players means a lot more shares than expensive ones and any subsequent fall in price will be amplified 5,6,7 fold!

Oh and you must also remember to pop up on Tony Kroos and Pogba threads regularly to hammer home the message of how overpriced you think they are (and subtly push your lower-end agenda again).

Easy mate.

😉

• Lol! The handbags are out again!

• @ScouseSte love it! 😂👍

• Only fly in the ointment though is how often I'm proved right. 🤫

Only fly in the ointment though is how often I'm proved right. 🤫

It's not that hard to be "right". Particularly when the market works in cycles and it's not that hard to see them coming once you've been on here for over a year.

But it's good that you reinforce the negative aspect of them, and on Twitter too? 😂

0_1575800890111_Screenshot_2019-12-08-10-17-53-1.png

Genuinely helpful "gurus" (🙈😂) would possibly offer the advice that it's a good time to buy on the dip, for we all know the top end will rise again.
    But you have your agenda mate, so crack on.

• @ScouseSte the top end WILL rise again. But importantly..... Not ALL of them. The top 10 changes - people go up & down.

Some are massively overpriced & will likely go down for a fair period yet.

TAA with a matrix change that changes the value of crosses could potentially knock £2 off his share price. That's sensible risk management.

If you have bought & have the capital appreciation behind you, either hold (knowing you have a bit of lee-way) of sell & reinvest the profits.

What I wouldn't encourage any new user to do, is to buy now.

With regards to the Twitter post - do yourself a little experiment over the next week, fortnight or month (your choose the timeframe) write down the highest 3 percentage risers in the squad list each day Vs the highest percentage risers in the top 200.

Compare the results.

If I'm wrong in your experiment - I'll apologize from spreading "fake" news.

But I'll tell you the answer now - I'm not.

Your either aware of this yourself, or extremely naive. 👍

• @ericali is a fucking twitter user...come on forumites let's stone him!

Boo...traitor!

• @Ericali

As I said, it's easy to be "right" when the cycles become easy to predict. I knew there would be a dip in December, but I didn't go spreading it and calling myself a guru for getting it right.

But you are an irresponsible trader in my view mate. You don't offer advice - you offer opinion, speculation and scaremongering to only serve your own purposes.

Let me just repost this again -

0_1575802471048_Screenshot_2019-12-08-10-17-53-1.png

Casting aspersions on the top 200, making grand assumptions how new traders are going to behave to create panic selling perhaps!? Poor form, as per usual Eric.

I'd be more inclined to believe most new traders would buy a few players they've actually heard of and are in their fantasy teams etc. That's what rookies do, we all did it! They arent going to be 40p wingbacks from Serie A.

Looking at the number of "likes" (0) and retweets (0) on this tweet though, it appears Twitter folk aren't gullible and falling for this bullshit tactic either 😉

• @Ellisandro only since April! 😂

And I prefer the forum - as the IQ level is (generally) higher - so I feel more at 'home' I mean...... Some of my hilarious quips are wasted on there.

• @ScouseSte so in conclusion 🤔 you are basically saying I'm right.

Glad we have cleared the confusion up. 👍

If you knew there would be a dip in December why didn't you advise new users not to buy?

Of course, this would negatively effect your portfolio - so you left them like lambs to the slaughter.

When I was busy advising against it.

@ScouseSte so in conclusion 🤔 you are basically saying I'm right.

I'm happy that this is your interpretation of my last tweet 😊.
    I felt I'd been a bit too harsh, and I mean you no ill will Eric. I genuinely enjoy our interactions 😁.

But you are full of shit

Hahaha

Peace brother

@ScouseSte so in conclusion 🤔 you are basically saying I'm right.

If you knew there would be a dip in December why didn't you advise new users not to buy?

Of course, this would negatively effect your portfolio - so you left them like lambs to the slaughter.

When I was busy advising against it.

Ahh you edited this while i replied to the original!
    Pffffft

• @ScouseSte maybe you can answer the full question now then? 🤔