West Bromwich

• West Bromwich have good possibilities to return to PL next year.
    They are scoring a lot and playing offensively, also they seem to have some good players:

Diangana 1.11p
    Matheus Pereira - not listed (maybe in the next IPO?)
    Matt Philipps - 31p (why so low?)

What are your thoughts? When is the perfect time to buy players from teams returning to main leagues?

• @NewUser455434 while everyone has been focusing on the Euro’s, which ive decided not to do as players may only play 3 games or may even get injured before or during and play zero games, Ive been focusing on next season and mainly on players i hope get promoted i was hoping Euros provide enough of a distraction that people arent even considering this until ive built up a nice holding i various championship players. So for me id say your thinking is spot on and could be very profitable

• Diangana and Pereira will be worth holding. Goal and assist machines and very eye catching players.

• @JK Also Matt Philipps I believe ... 7G already this season. In August was linked to a number of PL teams but in the end didn’t move ... he can probably have the biggest rise (given his current price) with promotion+rumors

But maybe there are also other players that I missed from West Brom which are worth holding

• Tulloch is worthy of a mention too.

• @NewUser455434 I had the same idea a couple of weeks ago. So had a look into who some of the top young players were in the championship. I went for Eberechi Eze, Josh Da Silva and Jarrod Bowen. Had really good increases on all of them so far and although they may not be in teams that will get automatic promotion I think they will end up in premier league one way or another and have lots of transfer speculation. Also bought Mitrovic seems a no brainer.

• @Impulsesplurger Tom bayliss at Preston is another who isn't getting game time yet but highly rated and there record signing

• @MUFC 👍worth keeping an eye on. Shame there's no watchlist anymore😂

• Phillips is a no brainer.

I bought 1,000 when he was 25p, so l’m loving the rise. But even at 35p he’s still ridiculously cheap. His style of play should make him a good IPD player next season, with an outside shot at some PB.

But I think an even bigger bargain for next season could be Viola at Benevento. They look certain to get promoted and he’s a ball playing centre mid who takes penalties and scores goals (including a hat trick this weekend). I bought in at 11p, but he’s still only 19p! If he wasn’t already on the Index, they would probably IPO him next season at something silly like 60-80p.

• @Impulsesplurger Josh Dasilva was my first tip on this forum. Has now more than doubled, and will double again from his current price. He has everything in his locker, and he's now putting it together and has nailed his place in a good Brentford midfield. The comparison to Eze is obvious. He's even on course to score a similar number of goals, from a less advanced position. When he gets into double figures the real hype will start. It wouldn't surprise me to see him back at Arsenal next season.

• Thanks for the advice on Matt Philipps.
    I’ll be watching Josh Da Silva as well

• @JK yes agreed! Nice work, unfortunately I didnt get in on him when you did (only been on FI about 3 weeks) but bought 1000 at 77p so cant complain.

• I don’t see much value in Matt Phillips. He’s hardly a rising star... some young gem who could tear up the Prem! Don’t forget he’s had three attempts at playing in the top flight and never really managed to nail down a first team place. When he came up with Blackpool he had a lot of potential... but that was 2010!

Diangana is class but he’s a West Ham player so West Brom’s possible promotion is irrelevant. (I hold him but foolishly sold 400 a few months ago).

Sorry to be negative

• @SteveP I could understand that point if he were a couple of quid. But less than 40p for a player who is a main feature for a side that will have a promotion challenge going on and likely to be moving into a PB league next season. Considering the price of some that are not in a PB nor have a move to one on the cards he's very good value and I'd expect a hefty percentage rise between now and next season.

• Ovie Ejaria's another really good Championship player who can dictate a game and should be in the PL next season. Very skillful and evasive with good physicality.

• @JK Reading have an obligation to buy at the end of the season, so he won’t be a Premier League player unless someone pays Reading a fee for him. It would have to be a significant fee - he’s been player of the month for 3 months out of the last 4.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/tbrfootball.com/ovie-ejaria-wows-for-reading-but-his-future-lies-away-from-liverpool/amp/

• @JK i agree with most of your post but not his physicality. He couldnt hack it at rangers for exactly that reason. He was easily pushed off the ball and scared of incoming tackles. If he can toughen up he may turn into a much better player though

• @NewUser303261 said in West Bromwich:

@SteveP I could understand that point if he were a couple of quid. But less than 40p for a player who is a main feature for a side that will have a promotion challenge going on and likely to be moving into a PB league next season. Considering the price of some that are not in a PB nor have a move to one on the cards he's very good value and I'd expect a hefty percentage rise between now and next season.

The problem with that is that he will probably never win a dividend. Given that you are buying bets that a player will win dividends you are essentially trading worthless assets.

This is when value and playing the market collide. You can make money playing the market even though he is truly horrible value.

The true value of someone like Phillips in real terms is probably 5p or something like that. But you are right in that he may well see a big rise for the reasons you give.

• @Black-wolf I can't say that's been an issue when I've seen him in what is a more competitive league playing for Reading. He has the frame to hold off challenges and the skill, balance and agility slip past opponents when it seems impossible to do so. Must have developed since being at Rangers.

If Reading have managed to agree to sign him permanently for £3m then that's one hell of a feat.

• @mike778 a lot of players with price <50p won PB this season. When they do so, they return a min of 10% up to a max a 31%.

People are shifting their money to the lower base for this reason, and it will continue to be like that until share split or increase in dividend. Neymar would need to win tow forward 10 times to match the return by a <50p player winning PB in a silver day.

Phillips looks like a decent hold imho, considering that he has a lot of possibilities to start competing for PB next year + transfer rumors