New Investor Effect

• hi guys,

with a marketing drive happening and likely new customers in January, do we think they'll buy the popular big names initially that aren't necessarily great holds?! So we could see a rise in the likes of Mbappe, Salah & Mane for example who are fantastic players, but don't return many dividends. Or have i got it wrong? Fairly new to this so looking to learn a bit more.

• @chaps1988 have a look of your own history as to what new users do when uninformed.

I bought people like James Forest etc & lots of people allegedly bought Kante....

What did you do? 🤔

• I bought a load of Arsenal players as I’m an Arsenal fan. Whoops.

• @chaps1988 said in New Investor Effect:

hi guys,

with a marketing drive happening and likely new customers in January, do we think they'll buy the popular big names initially that aren't necessarily great holds?!

This is exactly what will happen. Some will do the research and look into PB favourites.

Others will sign up for monthly data products and do everything they can to increase their understanding of the product.

But quite a few will just punt money blindly into established names, simply because they 'look' undervalued.

@Ericali is spot on with Kante.

I took advantage of this last time and made a quick profit on Kante. He is shite on the index, but that doesnt mean you can't make money from him!! 😎

New users will dig for value from the market, believing they have found a hidden gem that the other 500 thousand users didnt see ... 🤣

For example, they will compare Trent Alexander-Arnold (£6.42) with Max Aarons (£1.15) at Norwich and will not understand the disparity between the two prices. They will invest accordingly, as they do not understand the reasons behind the value of players like TAA, Kroos, Pogba, Messi.

Most users only realise their mistakes after a few months of poor purchases.

• @johnboywalker I feel you have just described my exact experience! I was the idiot new user that thought Kante was a bargain, until I found the forum and discovered most new users make that very same mistake. The risers list, the transfers.. my school boy error list goes on.. but as the months have gone on, you start to see patterns forming, I still fully expect to make lousy purchases, or miss time things, but I am confident that by the time my first year comes around I will be in a much better position than I was when I signed up..

• Yea @johnboywalker has got it summed up well there.

Personally I just went for Liverpool players and a few in my fantasy team ...

0_1575830287689_Screenshot_2019-12-08-18-35-48-1.png

0_1575830298416_Screenshot_2019-12-08-18-35-58-1.png

• @ScouseSte haha, one lonely Troy Deeney future! its funny how everybody dips in with 1 or 2 shares per player. A few months later buying by the hundreds/thousands!

• @Ole-ole

Over 2 years in for me ... and I'm still learning mate.

The difference for me now is that the fear factor is gone.

I am now 100% confident in the future of this platform, so much so that I am in the process of investing new money.

I had previously been playing with pure profit and was happy to plod along with no risk.

Although, I am expecting a bit of a lull over December, I anticipate a bumper January/February! 🥳

• I think a lot will look at price and not take other factors into consideration. Especially those starting out on a low budget.

For example at 65p David Silva (An established name even if you don't follow football closely) looks an absolute steal compared to team mates Sterling and De Bruyne (virtually 10x the price!)

• @Ole-ole said in New Investor Effect:

@ScouseSte haha, one lonely Troy Deeney future! its funny how everybody dips in with 1 or 2 shares per player. A few months later buying by the hundreds/thousands!

Haha to be honest I must have just had exactly £1.01 left over and thought "ok who do I know and they only cost under £1.01?" Big Troy it was 😂

• Bargain will be starting more games a good IPD

• @johnboywalker said in New Investor Effect:

@Ole-ole

Over 2 years in for me ... and I'm still learning mate.

The difference for me now is that the fear factor is gone.

I am now 100% confident in the future of this platform, so much so that I am in the process of investing new money.

I had previously been playing with pure profit and was happy to plod along with no risk.

Although, I am expecting a bit of a lull over December, I anticipate a bumper January/February! 🥳

Same here mate, I was always adamant I would only invest x amount but that just seems very daft considering things are likely to explode in the next 18 months. Looking to up my investment between 33-50% in the next month or so.
    Then another 50% across the first half of 2020.

It's a hell of a platform this.

• When I first started I just bought loads of cheap wonderkids. I think a lot did about the time I started. Cheap wonderkids are pretty thin on the ground these days though so it's harder to predict now I think.

We always seem to go to kante as the best example, and with good reason. But I actually think the genuine centre forwards will be the trap for the next influx.

• @MickTurbo

I'd be interested to know if anyone has the data on who the biggest risers were in January this year? Might give us an indication of what to expect this time round. (My goldfish memory has forgotten, although my port rocketed across Jan and Feb I remember well!)

• @ScouseSte Pogba, Sancho, Mbappe, Salah and Rashford all had very big rises last January, while Sterling followed in February with a huge leap. Cho also rose steadily and then took off in March. Good times - I made £5k profit in January thanks largely to these guys

Rashford, Sterling, Sancho and CHO all pretty much doubled in price around the start of the year. Traders were loving those attacking England players.

• @Ericali I got very lucky with some of my original purchases as I went for unknown with the capital appreciation/long term aim. Some of my better ones were:

• Moise Kean - 200 @ £0.62 sold for £2.62 (Aug 19)

• Sander Berge - 200 @ £0.32 sold for £1.20 (Oct 19)

• Sanjin Prcic - 200 @ £0.15 sold for £0.32 (Feb 19)

Some didn't work out quite as well and sold too early used that time to learn more about the MB and dividends. However, I did do my own research on those players before I bought them. This is needed even more so now as the days of easy money on the index are not what they once were.