January Boom 2019

• @Londoner you might be right. FI will have something up their sleeves though for the early months of 2020, maybe a Euros promotion or something.

• @Hotspur said in January Boom 2019:

@Londoner you might be right. FI will have something up their sleeves though for the early months of 2020, maybe a Euros promotion or something.

It might be another deposit bonus to encourage trading for the Jan transfer buzz.

• Maybe it will be the Copa's being eligible for PB.

That would throw a spanner in some people's workings.....

Always go against the grain. 👍

• Who’s seen the pic on twitter from mike bohan with a potential £5k risk free trade in Jan....

• 0_1575883986056_3BF09976-EDA6-4A5B-B14F-BF8CA51FC031.jpeg

• @Ericali said in January Boom 2019:

Maybe it will be the Copa's being eligible for PB.

That would throw a spanner in some people's workings.....

Always go against the grain. 👍

I'm not sure I completely agree with the last part. Let me paint a picture, you go to the circus, you're in the big top watching the lion tamer when all of a sudden the lion goes rampant, people are streaming for the exit.....you're saying the best course of action would be to rush the lion? Lol

Edit I'm not sure I agree with the first part either , the time that games are played or the copa could potentially mean that pb is clearly wrapped up before 3pm if someone smashes in a huge score and this would be a huge potential risk that fi would probably look to avoid

• @Ddr no, that wouldn't be wise.

But someone has to eventually tame it to get it under control.? 🤔

Often that person is hailed a hero

• @Ericali tame it? If a tame lion went rampant, I'd be looking for the nearest shotgun to put it down lol

Plus I'd also take the view that I dont need to run the fastest, just not be the slowest lol

• @Ericali said in January Boom 2019:

It's a tin of Whiskers and a big net job. It's hardly tackling a knife wielding terrorist with an elephant tusk. That's grade one heroism. Let's get things in perspective.

• @Dalien-Smith said in January Boom 2019:

@Ericali said in January Boom 2019:

It's a tin of Whiskers and a big net job. It's hardly tackling a knife wielding terrorist with an elephant tusk. That's grade one heroism. Let's get things in perspective.

It was actually a narwhal tusk......and I'd love to see the video of you opening a tin of whiskers in front of a lion, saying here puss puss without shitting yourself lol

• @Londoner I don't think the share split announcement was the main reason for the boom - it was almost certainly predominantly down to the Try Jan offer and increased promotional activity by FI, including the TalkSport radio slot. This lead to a huge influx of new users. The first SS announcement had come at the end of November, causing a spike on that day, and then it went quiet until towards the end of January when the dates for the split were confirmed.

I believe that the key to growth is the acquisition of new users, and Try Jan and the associated marketing push around it has been the most successful FI campaign to date. If things are to be believed and FI are rolling out their biggest ever promotional push, it is time to get very excited.

• @Wotabeast 100% it was new user's that drove the growth. There's an old thread somewhere that @Misto did that tracked the amount of new forum users and it was crazy in January.

• @janner73 Yes I remember that. It was crazy times. The Footie grew consistently across the month of January as well which shows it wasn't down to one single announcement but the result of a concerted push to pick up new users.

There was a 24% growth in the Footie across the month, and if we experienced the same amount this time round it would equate to approx a 1,000pt increase in the Footie every day on average across the month. That would be huge.

• @Wotabeast I think it could be even bigger this January as I think FI will be going after whales more aggressively than they did this year.

• @janner73 said in January Boom 2019:

@Wotabeast I think it could be even bigger this January as I think FI will be going after whales more aggressively than they did this year.

The £5k teased offer will be doing that then.

Edit £1k

• @Ddr If it's a clear choice for the lion between me and Britain's No1 cat food then there's only going to be one winner. 9 out of 10 cats prefer whiskers. I'll take those odds any day of the week. I'm a gambler afterall.

I'm more likely to soil my pants sitting on a port of South American youth talent 3 to never years away from national team debut hoping for the Copa to go PB than any lame ass lion🦁.

• Hi guys.

Contrary to belief, The Times advert is actually £1,000 and not the £5,000 that is being talked about here.

Have to agree that the low res image does look like 5k though!

• 1k is not to be sniffed at but 5k you fancy could have been a game changer.

• Who would you all go for to make the most money from your £1000 in January. Assuming you were starting fresh. Abandon your current strategies and go big on one or two players? Gamble?

• @FI_Mark

Thanks Mark, I think it’s great that you’ve taken the time to quash the £5k rumours. Best to nip it in the bud now to avoid any potential disappointment from users in January. 👍🏻

It’s also reassuring to know someone from FI is keeping an eye on what’s happening on the forum.