Why is Messi dropping ?

• Bought Messi at £6.72 (newbie error buying after huge spike). Just gonna hold and hope it turns around 😂

• @Sol said in Why is Messi dropping ?:

‘Team of the month’ will change everything. Messi will be 90% of the time selected and will sustain value. FI said they were going to do something in the new year to reward ‘premium’ players. Don’t panic sell the football wizard 🧙‍♂️ yet. Every great magician has new tricks up his sleeve 🎩 ✨💫

Agree. ToTW/ToTM would make him a lot more valuable.

Copa America becoming PB eligible would be interesting too. A complete curveball to the trend for buying Euros players but we know FI like to spring a surprise or two from time to time.

Either way, this feels like a knee jerk reaction to me. Yes, he'll drop but always bounces back. No transfer or Champions League for a while and transfers where the money is now so need to be patient with this one!

• @Metropolis said in Why is Messi dropping ?:

@Sol said in Why is Messi dropping ?:

‘Team of the month’ will change everything. Messi will be 90% of the time selected and will sustain value. FI said they were going to do something in the new year to reward ‘premium’ players. Don’t panic sell the football wizard 🧙‍♂️ yet. Every great magician has new tricks up his sleeve 🎩 ✨💫

Agree. ToTW/ToTM would make him a lot more valuable.

Copa America becoming PB eligible would be interesting too. A complete curveball to the trend for buying Euros players but we know FI like to spring a surprise or two from time to time.

Either way, this feels like a knee jerk reaction to me. Yes, he'll drop but always bounces back. No transfer or Champions League for a while and transfers where the money is now so need to be patient with this one!

With the spread on Messi so huge now, I don’t actually think his price will go down too much more. No one in their right mind will IS now, so all those futures in the queue either need to be bought or taken out of the queue.

Not saying it can’t happen, but I’d be very surprised now to see that many more people stick him in the queue at this rate

• @Andy I had him on market sell for a month and he didn't sell. Didn't really want to sell him but could have done with the cash so was selling most my port. Now I only hold Messi and he is essentially all the profit I've made on the platform. Please don't injure that ACL!

• @stumac85 you’ve got titanium ones mate! As long as he continues to be king, you will have the last laugh. All the best 👏💪

• @Sol No harm, no foul. I haven't lost any money. If there's another 10% bonus in the future then I'll re-invest. Just couldn't see the market sustaining an upwards trend beyond that 5% bonus, so took my chance to pull out.

• @Zbak59 said in Why is Messi dropping ?:

Bought Messi at £6.72 (newbie error buying after huge spike). Just gonna hold and hope it turns around 😂

This is precisely why I recommend people don't buy the top end players after a huge spike.

I'm talking Kroos, TAA, Haaland etc.

Fortunately, I've got Messi at £5.08 will a load of dividends earned, so I'm happy with MY cushion.

It sounds simple, but buy the dip & avoid buying the spike.

If anyone wants to buy Messi (or is thinking about it) NOW is the entry point.

After his fall. 👍

• @stumac85 said in Why is Messi dropping ?:

@Andy I had him on market sell for a month and he didn't sell. Didn't really want to sell him but could have done with the cash so was selling most my port. Now I only hold Messi and he is essentially all the profit I've made on the platform. Please don't injure that ACL!

It’ll probably take a champions league knockout game for his price to rebound I think. He’s done it time and time again so not saying it’s unlikely to happen, but gold days are still a little too random at times for my liking. He’ll more than likely need to score at least a couple goals to win star man. Barca haven’t been setting the world on fire lately.

With CL knockouts there’ll only be a handful of games so that’s when I anticipate a few people to start buying him again.

Until then looks like it’s a sit tight and hang on job for me

I put all my holds (215) of him in the queue the other day, but I bought in at £5.10 so got quite a lot of cushion to work with. Divs was the main aim when I bought him anyway, and I’ve got over £200 since the start of the season now. Any CA I had with him was just seen as a bonus

• Bought at 6.49. Bloody sure I’m holding. FI doesn’t end at the Euros. He will rise again. I’m actually probably going to sell Euro holds before it starts and top up and buy more South American’s and Africans.

• @Zbak59 same here mate and I'm pretty experienced 🤣 I thought with the massive div increase there would be more growth than there has been.

• @Mike_17 It’s interesting cause you see players shooting up and you’re like better jump on now before I miss even more growth! Did it with TAA aswell but was lucky enough to get out a few days ago. I think he’ll rise again and I’m happy to hold cause he wins dividends regularly

• As soon as Messi wins a couple of pbs inside a month he will rise again! As @Ericali said. Now is the time to buy/top up.

• May have just bottomed out. Up 3p since earlier today. Everyone knew there was going to a big drop and were expecting it in March, which became February because everyone wanted to get in early...and turns out it is January as people wanted to get in before February. I think most of those that haven't panicked now are unlikely to do so in a couple of months time. Sometimes you just ride out the troughs. He had a big dip last season as well, I panicked and sold which was stupid and have learnt from it. If you believe in the growth of the product, which we all do otherwise we would have left, then there will be an increase of dividends for next season as the product would have grown. More dividends increases Messi's yield which lowers the risk of more cap depreciation and you can watch the divs roll in.

• Sorry but stupid half asleep question about to be asked...
    If you top up on a lose, your lose reduces right???

• @gball1975 Good morning .
    Your overall buy price becomes lower but your loss remains exactly the same as although your spread loss is smaller you have more shares at the loss price resulting in the same loss.
    Of course if player rises you will reduce your losses more quickly but by the same token if he falls you will lose much more.

• Is anyone still trying to sell their Messi holds? He’s gone up a fair few pence in the last few days and mine haven’t moved at all

• @Andy just canceled my 300 that I had in the sales queue for over 2 weeks.
    Decided to just hold and hope. Still in good profit from CA so I could IS without loss.

• New manager, I can see a rise if he has a decent PB score on Sunday against Grenada.

• @Andy I'm at a lose but holding. Should go up like mentioned prior.

• Just noticed it's only a 28p spread on Messi. I'm sure that's a lot less than it was. A couple more Gold Star wins and the spread is covered.