Why is Messi dropping ?

• Is he just being removed from the sell queue now? Haven’t seen that many people, if at all buying him. Spread has reduced a little bit now as well.

• @Andy said in Why is Messi dropping ?:

Is he just being removed from the sell queue now? Haven’t seen that many people, if at all buying him. Spread has reduced a little bit now as well.

I've sold 900 today so some are buying.

• @weerab said in Why is Messi dropping ?:

This thread is the reason I love the forum , opposite views and opinions but backed up with stats from both sides highlighting the negatives and positives of two different strategies without it reverting to name calling and abuse great contributions form everyone cheers for all the information 👏🏻👏🏻

Ya big Hairy Cock👍

• @Joev how long you had them in the queue for?

@Joev how long you had them in the queue for?

Probably a week or so. Took almost exactly three hours from first sale to last.

• @Joev think theres been a lot talk on twitter about how under priced he is. Think it was pb man and football index AS. They have quite a following so they maybe triggered a sudden surge to buy hopefully he will continue to go up now

• Sad sad sad day for me, just sold all my Messi shares. My biggest div returner of all time and I was in profit from CA. With the recent dip in price and the euros coming up I thought I would get out while still in profit.

Looking at my port and not seeing the GOAT though makes me very sad.

Miss you Messi x

• @Sill7 could’ve waited until it was a match day to sell him.

@Sill7 could’ve waited until it was a match day to sell him.

Nah, everyone has the same idea usually. If they've sold today then @Sill7 must have been in the queue just after me, unless he instant sold. If he does well on a match day then a few buy and a few remove from the queue but he doesn't sell that fast, mine weren't touched when he won star man last Saturday.

I think his price is a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy like many things on FI. People talk about age and lack of Euros and timing exits so a lot of people get fidgety. Even off the back of that massive score last weekend he dropped in price from his peak of £6.34 down to £6.05 by Monday and is only halfway to catching the peak again. It looks like he'll make it back to what he was pre game pretty easily but I suspect more people will sell off the back of a big score again. Hopefully the posts on Twitter will help his price as he does deserve to be higher based purely on dividends but for me it was time to take the profit and reinvest, I will miss the dividends though!

• @weerab Spot on mate 👍. Pretty much every forum or comment section on the internet is poisonous but this is probably one of the only places that isn't.

Regarding the subject matter Lionel Messi, I hold and cannot fathom why he isn't higher in price. I know the age thing but for me he has at least 3 more years at the top level. No way he doesn't have one last crack at the World Cup, he posts monster PB scores, wins MB and loads more opportunities for that breaking records, winning trophies e.t.c.

Yes there has to be an exit point but by the time he retires he would probably have made you profit even if his share price goes to zero and even then think of the MB divs when that days comes.

• @Will78 said in Why is Messi dropping ?:

@weerab Spot on mate 👍. Pretty much every forum or comment section on the internet is poisonous but this is probably one of the only places that isn't.

Regarding the subject matter Lionel Messi, I hold and cannot fathom why he isn't higher in price. I know the age thing but for me he has at least 3 more years at the top level. No way he doesn't have one last crack at the World Cup, he posts monster PB scores, wins MB and loads more opportunities for that breaking records, winning trophies e.t.c.

Yes there has to be an exit point but by the time he retires he would probably have made you profit even if his share price goes to zero and even then think of the MB divs when that days comes.

Pretty much agree with everything there mate. Possibly the only additional thing keeping his price slightly down is that Euros is on during the summer. Meaning for the summer he’s pretty much an irrelevant hold as he won’t be doing much. No PB, and you can guarantee MB will be taken by someone from the England team most likely

• @Andy Definately mate. Just have to ride a drop out over the summer I reckon, top up and breath a sigh of relief once he starts rising again approaching next season. 👍

• @Will78 yeah 100%. If you don’t mind holding him for the summer, I’d imagine he’d drop in price by quite a bit. And with a div review it’ll only benefit him if they change anything to do with PB

• @Andy MB too he benefits no matter which gets improved upon

• @Sill7 said in Why is Messi dropping ?:

Sad sad sad day for me, just sold all my Messi shares. My biggest div returner of all time and I was in profit from CA. With the recent dip in price and the euros coming up I thought I would get out while still in profit.

Miss you Messi x

I feel your pain brother but you have to get out at some point

• Messi £6.55 at St Mary's!

• @LittleFish said in Why is Messi dropping ?:

Messi £6.55 at St Mary's!

??? Am I missing the joke here mate???

• @Sill7 said in Why is Messi dropping ?:

Sad sad sad day for me, just sold all my Messi shares. My biggest div returner of all time and I was in profit from CA. With the recent dip in price and the euros coming up I thought I would get out while still in profit.

Miss you Messi x

Doesn't have to be permanent, can always rebuy in June which is maybe the prudent move. I have bought and sold Messi loads of times.

• @Sol no joke. FI had their ticker tape advert at St Mary's. Saw Messi at £6.55. For a moment (until I checked my phone) I was lifted from the depression that the Saints performance had caused in me.
    Like so much of FI it wasn't correct.

• Tell me I'm going crazy 🤪 , but anyone else noticing that Messi struggles to deliver in early kick offs? Night owl maybe? Or just saves it for the live evening TV coverage?

Beaten by Suarez for goodness sake. Griezman I can live with, but Suarez.... 🤭

Haven't delved into the stats so probably just a coincidence.

Or maybe expectations too high. How dare he deliver below a 10?

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.