Liverpool's March To Champions League Triumph

• @Uncle-G I doubt very much we'll find out anyway. I fully expect Liverpool to get the result they need to still be in the CL. They've been in this situation too many time and have too much experience in handling it.

• @janner73 said in Liverpool's Champions League Exit tonight:

@Uncle-G I doubt very much we'll find out anyway. I fully expect Liverpool to get the result they need to still be in the CL. They've been in this situation too many time and have too much experience in handling it.

🤞🤞🤞

• @Uncle-G bigger the index, come on Salzburg 🙏

• Win-win for Salzburg for me.

They lose to Liverpool Europa League and should do well. They win and thier players take a bigger spotlight in the English press and will see stronger links with EPL teams.

• @janner73 I disagree on Salzburg having less value if they win. Having the scalp of knocking out the reigning Champions League winners will be a significant addition to many of the Salzburg players CVs. With January coming up they could be alot of transfer buzz surrounding their players. With new money expected in January they could be a hot ticket come the start of the year. Everybody will know Salzburg players if they knock out Liverpool and give them a greater UK media profile that they wouldn't get if they fail to beat Liverpool.

• Liverpool could pretty much have the title sewn up by the time the knockouts role around anyway. Not an exaggeration, our at least by the time the quarter finals.

• @MUFC 🤫🤫🤫😂

• So are we all agreed, these young Salzburg stars are finally going to get the attention they deserve win or lose?

• @Dalien-Smith And that's why FI is all about opinions. I see the potential for a deep run in the Europa League with plenty of dividend opportunities so for me I see that as adding more value than maybe a round more in the CL. Understand the opposing view though.

• who's the main Salzburg players tipped for bigger things? Besides Haaland obviously.

• @chaps1988 take your pick I’ve got szoboszlai and Wober for CA and potential PB in the later stages of the EL

• @chaps1988 Loads of them if you do some research. Koita, Daka, Hwang, Minamino. They literally have a team of precious gems that will either be passed onto RB Leipzig and playing in a PB league by next season or elsewhere.

• @chaps1988 said in Liverpool's Champions League Exit tonight:

who's the main Salzburg players tipped for bigger things? Besides Haaland obviously.

I like the look of Daka (£1.03). He is only 21 years old and Zambian, but has an eye for goal. He doesn't start every game, but his stats this season are impressive!

16 games
    9 started.
    Average 51 mins per game.
    13 goals
    3 assists.

Very much a raw talent in a shite league, but has similarities in style of play to Sadio Mane, who also played for RB Salzburg at around the same age, with similar stats (63 appearances, 31 goals).

• @janner73 I dont think you can go wrong backing Salzburg. One way or another I believe they will have continued success but a victory over Liverpool will draw attention from the biggest clubs in Europe I feel and maybe longer term benefits.

• @janner73 said in Liverpool's Champions League Exit tonight:

@Uncle-G I doubt very much we'll find out anyway. I fully expect Liverpool to get the result they need to still be in the CL. They've been in this situation too many time and have too much experience in handling it.

Might struggle in the premier league then? The Leicester players have more experience of winning that.

(Lights touch paper and waits)

• I'd bet that a fair few people don't realise Liverpool will be in the Europa League upon exit. So, there's potential for a slight dip but the form they are in, I wouldn't expect it to be dramatic.

I'd say there's a solid chance Klopp would focus on the Europa. He has such a big cushion in the Premiership and it's a trophy he hasn't won yet, despite making it to the finals. If the gap closed a fair bit in the Premiership, I could see that change slightly but only slightly.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Liverpool's Champions League Exit tonight:

I'd bet that a fair few people don't realise Liverpool will be in the Europa League upon exit. So, there's potential for a slight dip but the form they are in, I wouldn't expect it to be dramatic.

I'd say there's a solid chance Klopp would focus on the Europa. He has such a big cushion in the Premiership and it's a trophy he hasn't won yet, despite making it to the finals. If the gap closed a fair bit in the Premiership, I could see that change slightly but only slightly.

Nonsense Dan! If we drop into the Europa League tonight, as Janner says it will be the youth team who will benefit.
    8 point lead means nothing when its us with it 😢😂.
    Long way to go yet and Leicester have ZERO pressure on them.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Liverpool's Champions League Exit tonight:

I'd bet that a fair few people don't realise Liverpool will be in the Europa League upon exit. So, there's potential for a slight dip but the form they are in, I wouldn't expect it to be dramatic.

He may go for fa Cup instead... Domestic double maybe better than winning what is essentially just a feeder cup.

• Imagine a big dip in Salah/mane if get beat due to no euros either

• @ScouseSte and no Europe so first team fresh every week bit like when Brendan mcwaffle had that season with us and came second

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.