Liverpool's March To Champions League Triumph

• @Ericali said in Liverpool's Champions League Exit tonight:

@TeamGB said in Liverpool's Champions League Exit tonight:

Can anyone tell me the last date TAA won any PB dividends out of curiousity?

Yeh - not recent enough to justify him being over £2 dearer than the next highest defender on the index!

2nd of november, a gold day, so about 5 weeks ago, and did so without a clean sheet. Since then hes gone close on a few occasions but missed out thanks to liverpool's inability to keep a clean sheet and once lost out to VVD who scored 2 including a GWG, both of which he set up.

I thought he might have had another win by now, and arguably at the price he is due one, but probably only messi and maybe kroos and neymar if he ever plays again will be able to guarantee you a PB win more frequently than 1 in 5 weeks. It's hardly a drought truth be told.

I'm not gonna go trawling thru dates cos fuck that but I'm pretty sure in that time he has missed out to an absolute monster score from hakimi with a GWG and again as stated, to a similar score from VVD.

• Btw it’s got to be said bloody well done to the Salzburg boys for doing this well. Wish them all the best in the Europa league and hope they get the success they deserve.

• @MickTurbo said in Liverpool's Champions League Exit tonight:

he has missed out to an absolute monster score from hakimi with a GWG and again as stated, to a similar score from VVD.

You're correct on both of these, the hakimi one he came second to a brace against inter inc GWG and the VVD one was 2 headers (GWG) recently against Brighton.

• @9stevo @MickTurbo it doesn't matter how close he has come - the fact is, he hasn't won it for 5 weeks & counting.

There is always someone likely to have the game of their life on a gold day, as there are so many defenders to compete against.

Kimmich has come 2nd 4 times allegedly if you read this forum.

Which is precisely my point - he's over £2 cheaper & is just as likely as TAA to win it.

From that, I'm taking TAA is overpriced.

• @Ericali he won mb too in the last 5 weeks.

But yes 5 weeks is too long, hence his price has dropped 35p or so from peak.

Hes priced high cos people are buying early backing Liverpool to go deep in CL... And those gold days are very lucrative when just 2/4 teams playing

• @Vespasian32 but so will Bayern Munich.

Why the £2 disparity? 🤔

I know you hold TAA & are going to defend him. I don't hold TAA or Kimmich, so I don't have a horse in this race.

As a holder of none, I obviously wouldn't buy any because I think they are both overpriced.

But if I had a gun to my head & had to buy one or the other with £5,000 why would I purchase 787 TAA's rather than 1,170 Kimmich's?

• @Ericali

1. TAA has won 28p in divs this season, Kimmich 8p. Your 1170 Kimmich's would have returned £93.60, your 787 TAAs £220.36.
    2. English premium
    3. TAA is 3 years younger

• @janner73 said in Liverpool's Champions League Exit tonight:

@Ericali

1. TAA has won 28p in divs this season, Kimmich 8p. Your 1170 Kimmich's would have returned £93.60, your 787 TAAs £220.36.
    2. English premium
    3. TAA is 3 years younger

Not enough to convince me.

Rather than having a segregation of time to fit a purpose, can we have the stats over a 2 year period.

After all, both have played at the same club the past 2 seasons so it would be a fairer reflection.

• @Ericali
    www.footyindexscout.co.uk and you can research away all you want :)
    The figures are more favourable for Kimmich if you include last season - although given the matrix has changed I'm not convinced that's relevant.
    And I should have added one more point:

1. Kimmich has a positional change hanging over him which does make people wary.

• @janner73 said in Liverpool's Champions League Exit tonight:

@Ericali
    www.footyindexscout.co.uk and you can research away all you want :)
    The figures are more favourable for Kimmich if you include last season - although given the matrix has changed I'm not convinced that's relevant.
    And I should have added one more point:

1. Kimmich has a positional change hanging over him which does make people wary.

I already know the answer that's why I asked the question. 😎

It fits with my original query of why should I buy less of TAA than I could get of Kimmich.

I shouldn't.....

Which is the answer I was after. TAA is overpriced.

• @Ericali If you want to base on dividends won on a matrix that's no longer in use then be my guest :)
    You also clearly don't get the fact that to get last years divs you would have had to buy at last years's prices and 12 months ago you could have got more TAAs than Kimmich's with your £5000!
    All it answers to me is you select the data you want to fit your agenda.

• @janner73 but your basing a 3 year hold on TAA that also may no longer be viable with a tweak in the Matrix next season that doesn't reward wayward crosses?

There have been enough murmurs on Twitter to suggest F.I holders aren't happy with the matrix & want it updating.

And even with this matrix he still hasn't won a PB for over 5 weeks!

There is nothing that will convince me that TAA is value for money at the minute.

He's vastly overpriced.

• @Ericali I've no doubt the matrix will be tweaked for next season - we can agree on that.
    How much would you say a £6 player needs to win in a season to justify that price?
    Kimmich hasn't won PB since 18th September yet you're trying to argue he's better value than TAA? Some of your points are valid but the comparison to Kimmich falls flat I'm afraid. It's very clear why there's a £2 disparity between the 2 which is the question I have been answering.

• @Ericali who mentioned a 3 year hold.

The other thing to remember is players like TAA price has gone up a lot because of the div increase. Doesnt mean he will win more often... But when he does the payouts are more.

He has won more than kimmich under the current matrix.

I own both, happy with both. Two good investments as part of a pb targeted portfolio. Both will be increasing value for euros, cl, potential DB in Jan, new customers, div increase in summer. 🚀 🚀 🚀

• Neither of you @janner73 @Vespasian32 have done anything, which would convince me (as a none holder) to buy TAA.

I suspect those who still think he is value are the ones who are already holding him.

I have no agenda with either - but if I WAS buying, I'd be more inclined to buy Kimmich given the price disperities.

Either of your arguments haven't been convincing enough to change my opinion. 👍

• @Ericali said in Liverpool's Champions League Exit tonight:

@janner73 but your basing a 3 year hold on TAA that also may no longer be viable with a tweak in the Matrix next season that doesn't reward wayward crosses?

There have been enough murmurs on Twitter to suggest F.I holders aren't happy with the matrix & want it updating.

And even with this matrix he still hasn't won a PB for over 5 weeks!

There is nothing that will convince me that TAA is value for money at the minute.

He's vastly overpriced.

People wanted the matrix changing because TAA was initially dominating and they clearly didn't hold him.

As I said back then, the matrix is not at fault (entirely), moreover it is simply TAA and others were playing out of their skin.

TAA has not won for 5 weeks because he is not playing as well as 5 weeks ago. As a result, he has dropped by a lot and justifiably so.

Personally I think too much emphasis and blame is placed on the matrix with people behaving like spoilt little brats if they aren't winning.

• @Ericali Not trying to convince you to buy anyone - I have confidence in the players I hold and don't need to pump non-stop to get price rises as I know they will do their talking on the pitch and in the dividends they return.
    Looking for every little opportunity to devalue other players and pump your own shows you have very little confidence in them actually delivering the goods.

• @ScouseSte don't preach it to me - preach it to planet Twitter!

I don't even chase PB. But I can see the dangers of a matrix change if implemented to certain players prices - and I will continue to warn or raise awareness of such changes.

There are lots of people of Twitter who are moaning & as we know Twitter is Football Indexes main platform to communicate with its users.

If there is a loud enough voice - football index will listen.

• @janner73 this is about TAA Vs Kimmich - I hold neither.

Think you have gone off tangent a bit. 👍

• @Ericali actually it's about Liverpool and champs LG... You bought kimmich in due to your agenda

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.