Liverpool's March To Champions League Triumph

• @Ericali vvd has 3 peaks over 200, taa has 8, the peaks are the pocket aces.

• @dionysusthyrsus said in Liverpool's Champions League Exit tonight:

@Ericali vvd has 3 peaks, taa has 8

What has he won for his 8 peaks to 3?

28p to 20p.

Seen as I can buy twice as many VVDs as TAAs, then my 20p is now worth 40p towards the 28p.

Case closed.

• @Ericali The case cant be closed because the game hasnt ended, thats the index's usp. And vvd has won 8p in pb with the world player of the year behind him for another year which lessens his media appeal until the seasons end/ euros.

@Ericali The case cant be closed because the game hasnt ended, thats the index's usp.

Ok - well here's another analogy for you with your deck of aces.

Every gold day we are all playing blackjack. There's 150 players. We all pay 50p entry fee each game, except you - who pays £2 (because you hold the ace pack)

You regularly get your ace card dealt to you with a 3.

One of the other 149 players gets lucky most games & gets dealt 21.

One to think about.... 👍

• @Ericali but its a poor analogy because as the season ticks along that 150 becomes more like 24. look how many wins trent got in the back stretch last season? coincidence?

@Ericali but its a poor analogy because as the season ticks along that 150 becomes more like 24. look how many wins trent got in the back stretch last season? coincidence?

It was YOUR analogy with the regard to the aces 😂

And now you don't want to count MB for VVD - which is probably because VVD gets it & TAA doesn't.

When you buy a player you don't care if the dividends come from MB or PB - as long as they come.

• @Ericali and if we are dealing with speculative trading and CA, what happens if nasdaq is integrated in some way early march/april next year and it attracts 6 or 7 big whales with an investors mindset off the bat? where do you think their money would be headed?

And ofc you take them as they come, but one is 21 and on the up, the other is 28 and will depreciate as an asset over the next 3 years. Do you calculate trents earlier wins before the new dividend structure as 5p literally or 8p speculatively? because if the new dividend structure was in place for his first 3 pb wins this season that would be an extra 9p. How much of vvds media and pb has come from the new structure? Moving forward that black and white 20p vs 28p discussion isnt going to look so solid, because a lot of that is to do with the timing of the new structure coming into force.

@Ericali and if we are dealing with speculative trading and CA, what happens if nasdaq is integrated in some way early march/april next year and it attracts 6 or 7 big whales with an investors mindset off the bat? where do you think their money would be headed?

And ofc you take them as they come, but one is 21 and on the up, the other is 28 and will depreciate as an asset over the next 3 years. Do you calculate trents earlier wins before the new dividend structure as 5p literally or 8p speculatively? because if the new dividend structure was in place for his first 3 pb wins this season that would be an extra 9p. How much of vvds media and pb has come from the new structure? Moving forward that black and white 20p vs 28p discussion isnt going to look so solid, because a lot of that is to do with the timing of the new structure coming into force.

6 or 7 whales will always gravitate to the top end. But whales will always be in the minority. 95% of all future users will be average guys/girls with a budget.

I'm willing to bet with 99.9% certainty that VVD will NOT be a depreciating asset with the growth of the product over the next 3 years too.

And I'm glad you pointed out that 3 of his (TAA) PB wins were on the old matrix as @janner73 this morning was indicating otherwise to back up his price on the new matrix.

Kind of makes me feel even more vindicated. 😎

VVD's PB win was definitely under the new matrix as it was only a few games ago.

• @Ericali The matrix is the same, only the prizes changed. The money that could have been won is irrelevant to someone who is new to the platform looking to make a long term investment. Its been and gone.

And its kind of funny you have used that argument about being a depreciating asset against trent without speculating about the future growth of the platform but you are ignoring vvds depreciation since the summer but speculate hell be fine with the growth of the platform. Kind of checkmated your own argument there mate.

@Ericali The matrix is the same, only the prizes changed. The money that could have been won is irrelevant to someone who is new to the platform looking to make a long term investment. Its been and gone.

And its kind of funny you have used that argument about being a depreciating asset against trent without speculating about the future growth of the platform but you are ignoring vvds depreciation since the summer but speculate hell be fine with the growth of the platform. Kind of checkmated your own argument there mate.

Anyone under the age of 30 will probably be an appreciating asset over the next 3 years.

When I called him a depreciating asset it was more an indication of where he is now as I called Kimmich that too.

Do I think Kimmich will be worth more in 3 years than he is now? Of course I do!

What i said depreciating asset it's because the market is currently correcting itself after a rapid rise.

This could take 6 months, it could take 12-18 months if matrix changes occur.....

Do I think TAA will be higher than £6.35 in 3 years time? The answer again is "yes" but it's not really that smart to have such vasts amounts of money tied up to break even or win a few pence for that long is it? 🤔

If you still think he's great value - you buy more. Nothing like showing your confidence in him as a hold than buying vasts amounts on the dips is there. 😎

• @Ericali said in Liverpool's Champions League Exit tonight:

And I'm glad you pointed out that 3 of his (TAA) PB wins were on the old matrix as @janner73 this morning was indicating otherwise to back up his price on the new matrix.

Eric wasn't reading again so he didn't get the difference between new matrix and new dividend structure.
    All his wins this season were on the new matrix as it changed at the start of the season. 3 of his wins were on the old payouts as the new payout structure was introduced on 1st November. It's not difficult Eric if you read before you start writing a response.

• I see Wolves are swooping in for Hwang Hee-Chan. Must be on the back of his fantastic UCL performances for RB Salzburg. Just mentioned in the Telegraph now. Surey very undervalued if he ends up in a PB league. Already won me a top forward PB in one UCL match.

• @TeamGB Is he though? He's 24 in January. 4 goals in 32 games for Korea may give a greater indication of his impact. I can see him moving though whilst he's talk of the town. I'm sure Salzburg will be keen to cash in. It's kinda what they do. For that reason he could see some decent rises

• @Dalien-Smith One thing I can say is that if you haven’t done your research then you’ll not realise how much he’s improved in the last year. Apparently he was being played out of his natural position by club and country for some time and now he’s flourishing and appears to be playing with confidence he didn’t have before. As I’m sure you know this can happen to players and they massively up their game. Give the lad a chance I’d say. His stats are a major improvement this season if you check them out on SofaScore.

• I'm not convinced. The fact you've admitted he can be positionally inflexible makes him less attractive to invest if he is moving to a new club to fit into a new team. But Wolves maybe convinced. For that reason he's a reason to buy.

• @Dalien-Smith Fair enough, we’re all entitled to our own opinions. I just read the article linked to him and apparently Wolves have serious competition for Hwang from other premier league clubs. Doesn’t mention which ones though and they’re looking to secure a deal in January.

• @TeamGB I don't believe him but doesn't mean I don't see a short to medium term flip opportunity. Salzburg will be keen to get shut given his age. They really need to capitalise now on his success. I'd be 95% sure he'd move in one the next 2 windows. If not this window Salzburg are seeded in the Europa League so it could be the start of a decent run in that. Once he's sold though that will probably be it for me

• @Ericali If you were a scout on football manager for all things football index you would score 19 out of 20 for spotting potential. You are great in that area of the market. Around these parts you are king, i think most would eat their humble pie and agree with that. The evidence doesnt lie and much props to you, i bow to your crown genuinely in that area of the market, you are brilliant. As a caveat though you did once say that oyarzabal was a better player than odegaard which shows you do like to drop an ear deafening ripper of a fart and pass it off as an opinion sometimes.

If you were a data analyst on football manger for all things football index you would score maybe a 3 out of 20. U would point to Ade Akinbiyis goalscoring record for wolves and use that to try to represent him in a way that made him look like a better footballer than Dennis Bergkamp if it suited you to do so.

• @dionysusthyrsus 😂😂

Like the analogies - Yeh, I'm more than happy to stand by that bet of Oyarzabal being a better buy than Odegaard.

It probably was only about 3 months ago I said it, Odegaard will eventually go back to obscurity in Read Madrid reserves or get sold to someone like Ajax & Oyarzabal will establish himself in the Spanish national team & get a move to a better club in La Liga or rock up in the Premier League outfit.

Time will be kind to me on that prediction. 😎

I remember once having a discussion with a work colleague about who was the better player out of Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) & Cristiano Ronaldo.

Arsenal & Manchester United were the top 2 teams in the country at the time & Reyes was ripping it up - history didn't judge his prediction too kindly either & I still remind him of it. 👍

• "U would point to Ade Akinbiyis goalscoring record for wolves and use that to try to represent him in a way that made him look like a better footballer than Dennis Bergkamp if it suited you to do so."

^^^
    @dionysusthyrsus Not so. I don't buy shiiiiite & pretend they are something they are not - I buy shiiiiite if I think they will have an exit point where they will spike & I can profit.

Bernard at Everton was an example the other day. Not playing, the manager gets sacked - he rises 15%, I sell - job done. 👍

Eric Dier was another.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.