Impact of Euros

• There's been a lot of mention of the likely impact of Euros 2020 on players of the teams involved. I'm curious to know what more experienced traders think will be the dynamics of this impact? Are we expecting growth in all players selected into the 23 squad, or mostly these likely to feature (1st 11 and first few subs)? How about players from teams like Finland, which are widely tipped to struggle to make it past the group stages? Are we expecting more rises in players suited for the PB metric (e.g. Kimmich) or these with good reputation and known to deliver on the pitch, without being rewarded in the FI world (e.g. Kante, Henderson)?
    Appreciate everyone's opinion :)

• @Gelo808

Sticking with my already well established nautical themes ... @MickTurbo 😉

Imagine yourself stuck on a cruise ship, the SS Footie Index 🚣‍♂️, with the rest of these reprobates and vagabonds. The Euros is the island on the horizon, our intended destination. The promised land.

We are all excited about the possibilities that await.

One thing is for certain. It will occupy our thoughts until we reach dry land. It will be used by the Index marketing team in any push around the time of the tournament. Players who perform well in the Euros will have a realistic possibility of winning both PB, MB and of course in play dividends.

Furthermore, the opportunity to move to a bigger club might present itself for any player who has a successful tournament.

There is some insane value in players under £1 at the moment, with the Euros in mind.

Half of that Croatia team for starters. 😎

• @Gelo808 said in Impact of Euros:

There's been a lot of mention of the likely impact of Euros 2020 on players of the teams involved. I'm curious to know what more experienced traders think will be the dynamics of this impact? Are we expecting growth in all players selected into the 23 squad, or mostly these likely to feature (1st 11 and first few subs)? How about players from teams like Finland, which are widely tipped to struggle to make it past the group stages? Are we expecting more rises in players suited for the PB metric (e.g. Kimmich) or these with good reputation and known to deliver on the pitch, without being rewarded in the FI world (e.g. Kante, Henderson)?
    Appreciate everyone's opinion :)

Not as experienced as some on here - I only started buying and selling properly with fairly good understanding in summer. But here is my take...

Growth in starting XI or 23 man squad? I suspect that only the first XI players will see a real rise. Players sitting on the bench won’t do you any good for PB purposes or CA, or even MB for that matter in a tournament and knockout format - players need to be playing as there is only a limited number of games. You need the player to be starting to do your port any good, barring any exceptional circumstance like a tournament ending injury for example, which would result in some MB you’d imagine.

Players from teams like Finland. For this situation, I’d look at the other teams in the same group - EG: Belgium and Denmark are in the same group as Finland, and more than likely to dominate and expect to win the match against them, so in this situation maybe an Eriksen or one of the Hazard brothers would be a good shout. I’d be looking for strong teams that have weak teams in the same group.

Players suited to the PB matrix? 100% that PB players will rise closer to the tournament it gets. PB matchdays will be in abundance, so divs should be the main source of cash throughout the tournament. Kimmich, Kroos, Depay, Werner, KDB, Hazard, Thiago etc... I’d expect them all to be higher priced during the summer compared to now.
    Regarding the likes of Henderson and Kante, if they can’t win divs playing for their clubs, how’re they gonna win divs on international breaks when it’ll be even harder? They’ll have the likes of Sancho, Kane, Rashford against Henderson and Pogba, Mbappé and Griezmann against Kante. Minimal chances of winning any divs even if they start every game imo

• @Andy

I agree with most of that mate.

You are missing one important point. Many of the users on this platform do not buy players for dividends.

Whether that is deliberate (cap appreciation hunters) or because of ignorance/naivety (newbies), it is irrelevant.

Prior to the last World Cup, the squad announcements caused a massive surge in several underappreciated players. I made a shitload of cash from Januzaj being announced in the 30 man squad. I don't know if he even played a game in the tournament!! 🤣 But he was sold long before a ball was even kicked. 🤑

When the actual tournament started, I made more crazy money by predicting that the unknown Maxi Meza (amazing name, shite game) was actually likely to start for Argentina. When he was announced in the team sheet first 11, I cashed out and jumped ship.

The Euros will be massively in focus, and all players will benefit. Even the flumps of Finland.

• @johnboywalker said in Impact of Euros:

@Andy

I agree with most of that mate.

You are missing one important point. Many of the users on this platform do not buy players for dividends.

Whether that is deliberate (cap appreciation hunters) or because of ignorance/naivety (newbies), it is irrelevant.

Prior to the last World Cup, the squad announcements caused a massive surge in several underappreciated players. I made a shitload of cash from Januzaj being announced in the 30 man squad. I don't know if he even played a game in the tournament!! 🤣 But he was sold long before a ball was even kicked. 🤑

When the actual tournament started, I made more crazy money by predicting that the unknown Maxi Meza (amazing name, shite game) was actually likely to start for Argentina. When he was announced in the team sheet first 11, I cashed out and jumped ship.

The Euros will be massively in focus, and all players will benefit. Even the flumps of Finland.

Yeah that is one thing I missed out. But I do feel like most of the PB players will rise anyway just from the fact that they are playing and in the team. But I do take your point and agree with it.

That's a good point actually, I wonder how many people will try and buy some unknown from a team and back them to have a worldie of a tournament. At a low price as well if doesn't seem too high a risk either. I probs won't be doing that but could be fun if you have a spare £50 or something and stocking up on a 30/40p player

• @Andy Twitter will be in "full pump" mode. There will be quite ridiculous rises on some of the cheaper players from pumps of them being in a squad or chance of getting a game if player Y gets injured.

• @janner73 Yeah just have to be careful with it and use your common sense in this case. Or just ask people on the forum for a general consensus if something seems a bit off

• @Andy

Try a certain 30 year old Croatian, who takes penalties and will be the main attacking threat for a team that is likely to go far in the tournament.

Add into the mix the fact he is only on loan at Bayern Munich and a good Euros could open up another big move and I think you have yourself a contender. 88 caps and 26 goals.

At only 66p, I'll take that bet, thanks.

I have little doubt the twitter pumpers will be all over him prior to the tournament starting!!

• The impact of playing games at various locations will be interesting. Home advantage for bigger teams?

• @johnboywalker Yeah for 66p you can't really complain either can you. Croatia always hold their own against the bigger nations in tournaments. Wouldn't surprise me if they make the QF or further

• @Metropolis

I've managed to get tickets to all the games being played at Hampden.

Even if Scotland don't make it, at least I'll get to watch some decent quality football instead!! 🤣

• @johnboywalker Nice! Planning any live trading?

Not up to speed on the technicalities, but they chose to play games in Glasgow but not Paris?

• My humble opinion is that it’s too early to look at Euros because there are still are trends that need to be completed. You are not buying Euro players at their minimum today

• Also the angle of player X could get a move with a good tournament. This will be a prime angle for twitter pumping players in the poorest teams.

• @NewUser455434 Think that depends on the player. There are certainly plenty I would agree with you on but the CL draw is on Monday and Euro players that get a favourable draw there aren't gonna go much lower than they are right now.

• @janner73 sure - players like Rashford may increase in price regardless of the EL draft. Some other players price will decrease. I just don’t think that playing Euros is a factor today (but it will certainly be in x months from now)

• @Metropolis said in Impact of Euros:

@johnboywalker Nice! Planning any live trading?

Not up to speed on the technicalities, but they chose to play games in Glasgow but not Paris?

I wouldn't mind, but I've always found that phones/internet never seems to work in football stadiums, whether its deliberate by the stadium for security reasons or more than likely because of the other 60k people in the same space fighting for phone signal, I'm unsure.

In play trading could be worthwhile, if it was possible ... throwing money into a player a good 5/10 seconds before the goal is shown on television, and beating the flippers at their own game! 🤣

• Can imagine lot money round the pb big hitters during the group stage, depends on what they come up with. New dividends structure released early, group stages silver rather than bronze day would certainly get the cashflow moving

• Can't see any new user realising the value of dividends to be honest.....

It just won't be on their radar. Can just see them buying goalscorers.

• @Ericali I think you underestimate people; sure some will come here and act like a traditional punter with goal scorers etc but some will be like I was. A non traditional gambler wanting to play the football stock market to earn dividends.

Only time will tell what portion of which will join