So.... How have we voted today?

• 🤔

This election is all about one subject in reality.

Conservatives - want to push their deal through parliament
    Brexit Party - want a clean break from the EU
    Labour - don't know their policy (sat on the fence)
    Lib Dems - want to revoke article 50

Others:

SNP - I'm guessing they want an independent Scotland 🤔
    Green Party - Want to plant more trees & stealth tax the masses under the banner of climate activists

• @Ericali I remember when it was considered rude to ask someone how they had voted

• @Ddr said in So.... How have we voted today?:

@Ericali firstly you should've posted this in off topic

Secondly, I remember when it was considered rude to ask someone how they had voted

Firstly - I did 😂

Secondly - you don't have to comment

• @Ericali firstly, I realised and removed that part lol

Secondly, it wasnt a dig, just a comment about how perceptions have changed about what it's ok to ask/talk about

Lastly, they are all as bad as each other. All self serving egotistical wankers

• @Ddr which egotistical wanker do you expect to get in then?

• @Ericali probably boris.....too much hatred towards Corbyn in older generations

• @Ericali this will erupt into a shit storm please just delete the thread. These conversations dont create any good feelings for anyone no matter who they vote for or what they believe in.

• @Ddr I think one vote for someone, should be worth one vote.

All this constituencies with an MP are shiiiiite.

I would proportionate the MP's in parliament to represent the vote of the people. Regardless where your vote is cast.

• @Black-wolf its in off topic & most don't even visit here.

We are all pretty understanding folk on here anyway - so I have a little more faith we can behave like adults. 👍

• @Ericali ah hadnt realised that it just came up in my list as i follow you

• @Ericali I've had this conversation a few times with a couple of mates about whether we should have proportional representation, it's a tricky one

Take a look at historical elections, there was one where UKIP had about 14 mp's voted in, but when you look at the amount of votes for them countrywide then it works out that they should have had about 20% of parliament iirc, this is completely wrong, however, I dont think that there is a way where this can be done fairly. The other issue is population density, my constituency is quite dense as part of greater london, however, go out in the sticks and a constituency the same land size may only have a quarter of the amount of residents

The best way to resolve this is for the queen to say bollocks to them all and disband government and start afresh under a new system more in touch with the world we live in today, I strongly believe that an mp should be from the area that they represent as otherwise they have no clue as to what issues local residents struggle with

• @Ddr UKIP has only had one MP in Parliament despite taking an estimate of between 4m-6m votes in one recent election.

That many people deserve a voice & a representation in parliament whether you agree with them or not.

That's part of living in a democratic society.

I don't want to take any constituencies off anyone. If Scotland have 60 MPs, Scotland should still get 60 MPs.

If Wales have 30MPs they should still get 30MPs.

What I'm saying is every vote should count. If Scotland voted 85% SNP, 15% Labour then them 60 MPs should be split that way to represent Scotland as a whole.

The same should be done for England & the rest of the U.K.

• @Ericali yeah, I think I must've been thinking about lib dems a few years ago, they had a few mps elected but not proportional to the amount of votes received over all.

I think the whole system needs to be changed, but seeing as they cant agree on the smallest of things that's hardly likely to ever happen. I dont think that the us version of representation necessarily works properly either but I dont know how it could be worked to be fair all round, if you're going to use your example then i think you would need to weight it so that each individual natio within the uk gets the amount of mps in proportion to the percentage of people population. So eg England has 75% of the population, they should have 75% of the mps, of that 75% you then work out the party splits on how many votes they've received in that nation, but even then j dknt necessarily think this will work or be fair

• @Ddr there are 650 MPs in parliament so if the 75% of the population from England is correct, that would represent 487 MPs being elected.

The other 163 MPs would come from Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.

• @Ericali said in So.... How have we voted today?:

@Ddr there are 650 MPs in parliament so if the 75% of the population from England is correct, thatbwould represent 487 MPs being elected.

The other 163 MPs would come from Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.

I have no idea if that is correct or anywhere near it, just picked a number to use as an example

So
    Population
    England 75% of total
    Breakdown of votes in country
    Labour 35%
    Tory 45%
    UKIP 5%
    Green 2%
    Others 13%

Wales 5% of population
    Labour 40%
    Tory 30%
    Plaid cymru 20%
    Etc, etc

So in essence in England, labour would have 35% of the 75% of mps for england, and would then have 40% of the 5% of mps for Wales and so on

• Banned

@Ddr said in So.... How have we voted today?:

@Ericali I remember when it was considered rude to ask someone how they had voted

Thankfully that is changing.

• @Ddr yeh, that's a fairer way.

One vote = one vote.

A monkey 🐒 could run in my area for Labour & get elected, so effectively renders my vote worthless.

• I voted today to put minamino in the sell queue. A massive 6 shares that I purchased on Tuesday with my previous days dividend winnings. Purchased at 77p. Up 89p since then. Ffs. Why oh why couldn't it of been one of my other transfer targets of which I hold 300 of each!!

• Where I am (Spelthorne) if they put a sheep in a jacket with a blue rosette it'd get in so I voted for 0_1576175419107_1583a2c4c75f153c8fd4e0de97dd5b15.jpg )

• @Ericali said in So.... How have we voted today?:

@Ddr yeh, that's a fairer way.

One vote = one vote.

A monkey 🐒 could run in my area for Labour & get elected, so effectively renders my vote worthless.

I was about to point out that you hadn't actually told us who youd voted for but I can hazard a guess from this post lol

Also need to stop the parties from shoehorning people into safe seats, you should represent the constituency you live in or you shouldn't be running, simple