Election 2019

• @FarkeBall-Index I think it’s a joke not a pump

• Great result. We finally had our second referendum & the answer was resounding. 👍

• @Ericali said in Election 2019:

Great result. We finally had our second referendum & the answer was resounding. 👍

Absolutely Eric! 🥳 after so many saying corbyn was God and ‘people definitely have changed their mind and want to remain in the Eu’ we resoundingly have the answer, and that answer is fck leftist communists and fck the eu!

Now to make everything perfect, we now need to get rid of ‘Sad-iq-can’t’ (tm😉) and get a Tory mayor of london!! 🥳🥳🥳

• @Sol it's a great day Sol. 👍

Pound is up, we are set to leave the EU & we can all move on with our lives.

But let's be gracious in victory as we no doubt would have been in defeat.

Hopefully, the remainiacs have had the message hammered home, they will accept democracy & we can all move on with our lives too.

• Boris is probably as unfit a candidate as you could find to be prime minister. However Labour have donw such a job of alienating their working class voters so they brought this on themselves.

I think s Tory brexit is likely to be a terrible thing. But there's no way to stop it now.

I just hope that the NHS survives the next 5 years and that a less shambolic version of labour can fight them next time.

• @NewUser303261 said in Election 2019:

Boris is probably as unfit a candidate as you could find to be prime minister. However Labour have donw such a job of alienating their working class voters so they brought this on themselves.

I think s Tory brexit is likely to be a terrible thing. But there's no way to stop it now.

I just hope that the NHS survives the next 5 years and that a less shambolic version of labour can fight them next time.

Your right - Labour did bring it on themselves. Hopefully, it can shock them to life.

Let's get behind Brexit instead of constantly moaning - it's time to move on. The country has voted twice on this now & the second time was more conclusive than the first.

The pound is up & our parliament can now function again. We can leave on 31st January & begin to negotiate our own trade deals. 👍

I wouldn't worry about the NHS - the last Labour government sold off & privatised more of it than any other government in history.

The Conservatives has just promised more money to hopefully improve things & we no longer have to be paying into the coffers of the EU.

• Aberdeen beach this morning ...

0_1576270575576_20191213_204457.jpg

• News just in.... Jo Swinson is insisting on an immediate by-election in her former constituency. Apparently she has proof that Amy Callaghan once lied at school and also she just doesn’t like last night’s result.

Jo is a passionate democrat, but only when democracy gives her the result she wants!

• @Ericali he Tories have a terrible track record with honesty, public spending and workers rights. Boris particually. Getting to te next election with am an NHS that hasn't been sold off and privatised is the most optimism I can take right now.

• @NewUser303261 well we can vote them out if they do rubbish then. 👍

But firsty, we have voted them in because the country wants to leave to EU & they was the only main party that realistically, was willing to do it.

As for the NHS, like I said they yesterday, don't worry too much about it. The Tory's have been in charge of it for 44 years out of the 71 it has existed.

They have never sold it previously & USA has said they wouldn't have it if it was handed to them on a silver plateau.

It's all scaremongering - Labour have privatised the NHS under Tony Blair more than anyone.

In fact, Labour has been in charge of the NHS in Wales since the formation of the Welsh assembly in 1999.

Interestingly Wales lag behind the UK in almost every measure for medical practices according to independent reports.

So it's unlikely Labour would have been the Knight in shining armour that is portrayed.

• @Ericali I think at least 99.99% of NHS staff would dissagree. And as someone that worked in the NHS for years but was made redundant when the tories privatised NHS Direct I'd also dissagee.

The Tories won because the opposition were a shambles. Remainers were arguing with each each about why they can't vote for various parties that are supposedly remain or not. Torys won and lost seats in leave and remain areas. Labour won and lost seats and leave an remain areas. The result shows more that Labour need to completely change their ways more than anything.

That said, I also realise that the election does kill dead any resonable opposition to brexit at this stage.

@Ericali I think at least 99.99% of NHS staff would dissagree. And as someone that worked in the NHS for years but was made redundant when the tories privatised NHS Direct I'd also dissagee.

Well as someone who has personally been affected by Tories privatising NHS Direct than I can see why you are worried.

It's an unfortunate situation.

But to appreciate the other side of the coin, many others would have been affected by Tony Blair's privatising the NHS & losing their jobs too.

And if we can control our own borders maybe that 99.99% of NHS staff won't be overburdened dealing with more clients than is humanly possible.

The time we can judge them is now they can actually govern without meeting roadblocks.

• At least we wont have to see much of Boris. He will clearly fuck it up (even more than the tories have ruined this country) and spend his time hiding in a fridge.

• And if we can control our own borders maybe that 99.99% of NHS staff won't be overburdened dealing with more clients than is humanly possible.

I live in East Yorkshire, we have a really low immigration rate around here. Growing up, the only non-white people in my town were nurses, doctors and takeaway owners. We had 3 black kids in the entire school and a chap everyone in town refers to as black-Pete... thats how white this town is.

Yet we've had our hospital decimated. Our doctors surgeries are restricted time appointments, anyone in our town who needs the hospital ends up 20 miles out of town or 50 miles out of town because the hospital here where I live (which was only built at the back end of the 90's) has been stripped of funding to the point where they genuinely can't even treat the flu, never mind let you have a baby or a heart attack or a broken hip or treat cancer. (All of which are things that have happened to my family in recent years)

The truth about immigrants is, they are highly profitable for our nation. We don't pay for adult immigrants to attend school for 11 years, we don't give them TB jabs or any of the jabs kids have at birth. We don't care for them at all during the early stages of their life because they aren't here but they pay there taxes. All of which makes them significantly more profitable per head than British born people. Of course a larger population requires a larger NHS but the profits that come from immigration could easily be spent on the NHS but with the Tories in charge, it goes against their main ideology. That's why the NHS are under so much strain, lack of funding, by the Conservatives.

• @Dan-The-Man I sympathize which your situation, but objectively, how can you talk about the effects or immigration if you freely admit you haven't been affected by it - whether good or bad?

People have good experiences, some people have bad experiences, that's that nature of the beast - it's why some want to limit it & why some don't & want free movement to continue. You seem to be in the neither category.

@Ericali I think at least 99.99% of NHS staff would dissagree. And as someone that worked in the NHS for years but was made redundant when the tories privatised NHS Direct I'd also dissagee.

The Tories won because the opposition were a shambles. Remainers were arguing with each each about why they can't vote for various parties that are supposedly remain or not. Torys won and lost seats in leave and remain areas. Labour won and lost seats and leave an remain areas. The result shows more that Labour need to completely change their ways more than anything.

That said, I also realise that the election does kill dead any resonable opposition to brexit at this stage.

The election doesn't kill reasonable opposition to Brexit. The Conservatives are trying to act like this result gives them a mandate for Brexit but the vast majority of people in the UK voted against Brexit at this election.

The Conservatives picked up 13.9m votes, Brexit party picked up 650k votes, UKIP, 20k

Labour 10.3m, SNP 1.2m, Lib Dems 3.7m, Greens 860k, Plaid Cymru 150k

Brexit = 14.57million
    Second Referendum = 16.21million votes.

This election clearly showed that the majority of people in this country wanted a second referendum. Brexiteers have banged on about democracy for years but the truth is, we all know they don't give a crap about democracy, if they did, they'd be calling for a second referendum now because that's what this vote showed is the democratic will of the people.

Where you might be right though, is that under the current circumstances there's not a lot we can do to stop the Tories implementing their policy but my bet is that when the real negotiations fail next year and Boris tries to leave without a deal a sizeable portion of his party will turn on him. Time will tell.

• @Ericali said in Election 2019:

@Dan-The-Man I sympathize which your situation, but objectively, how can you talk about the effects or immigration if you freely admit you haven't been affected by it - whether good or bad?

People have good experiences, some people have bad experiences, that's that nature of the beast - it's why some want to limit it & why some don't & want free movement to continue. You seem to be in the neither category.

I was born in Bradford (locally known as Bradistan) and thats where most of my family are from. I've lived there as an adult too and seeing both extremes of the immigration situation, has given me a broader view of this than many people. I've also... been an immigrant. I immigrated to Scotland for a decade and worked in the US. I have family living in Australia and Spain, with a niece about to move to Africa. I've been treated medically by over a dozen immigrants throughout my life, I've worked with hundreds over the years (and hired a fair few).

But the point is, our personal experience shouldn't cloud our judgement.

My cousin grew up in Bradford, he'd have more sympathy for your view point because the vast majority of crime in his area comes from people with different ethnicity. That's simply because the vast majority of people in his area.... are of different ethnicity. It's not because his crime rates are higher. His personal experience has taught him that the majority of criminals are not white.

Where I'm from, all of the criminals are white... everyone I've ever been in a fight with has been white, the git that burgled my mums house, white. The arsehole who mugged her in the street, white (she's blind btw). The thieves that bring their stolen wares, white. The 3 drug dealers that live on my street, white. A street in my town was listed in the top 10 worst streets in Europe at one point, the Police wouldn't go down the street without back up. Not a single immigrant lived on that road.

So, my cousin's personal experience has left him racist. When he spots a drug dealer in the paper or a rapist or paedo, he says "get rid of immigrants". If I judged people on their skin colour the way he has, I'd be saying "Get rid of white people". Shouldn't we all just be saying "Get rid of the criminals"?

• @Ericali the point I take from Dan's point is that while you try and say immigration is to blame for the struggles of the NHS the true story is 100% down to Tory austerity.

All the evidence suggests that a Tory brexit and a large Tory majority is only bad news for the NHS.

• @Dan-The-Man while I don't dissagree wit that assessment. It's a very difficult argument to make sound convincing as the accepted narrative will be the seats won over everything else.

If anything it sums up how poor Labour Have been in opposition of a dangerous Tory brexit. I voted Corbyn twice, but he now is also culpable in the brexit we are facing.

• @Dan-The-Man "The Conservatives picked up 13.9m votes, Brexit party picked up 650k votes, UKIP, 20k

Labour 10.3m, SNP 1.2m, Lib Dems 3.7m, Greens 860k, Plaid Cymru 150k

Brexit = 14.57million
    Second Referendum = 16.21million votes."

^^^^^

C'mon Dan. You seem you have lumped all 10.3m million votes for Labour as stay! 😂

I'm sure it's just a technical error on your behalf. Labour didn't have a position on Brexit (they sat on the fence) Labour voters are generally split 50/50 between Brexit or Remain & on your propaganda 100% ratio you just squeeze home.

You usually do better than that in your arguments.... 👍

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.