Return to the Index

• Hi everyone, after a 12 month sabbatical I have returned to the Index! I had a good spell last time and made enough profit to pay for my season ticket! Compared to some on here I know that’s quite small!

Anyway last time roughly 100 shares moved the price of a player by 1p, is that still the same or has this changed and if so how many shares are equal to 1p

My plan is to reinvest my profit made last time so I am effectively playing with my winnings not my own money and going on from there

Any tips that you can share about how things have changed and maybe the best way to build a portfolio would be much appreciated

Happy trading everyone

• @NewUser68854 It seems to take anywhere between 600-900 shares to move 1p depending on the price range.

• @NewUser68854

Welcome back.

As @Gregolocky mentions, it doesn't appear that the delta (as its called) is fixed. @Ericali did a few experiments on it, and I'm sure he will happily share his findings.

The market has been quite subdued over December, but I am noticing that there appears to be an influx of new money today.

Possibly due to the increased 'refer a friend' bonus or the select few who received an email deposit bonus.

Either way, 'try January' is almost here and it is assessed that the offer for new users will be £1000 risk free.

That will hopefully light the touch paper and get the rockets flying! 👍

Best of luck wherever you put your money.

• @NewUser68854 said in Return to the Index:

Hi everyone, after a 12 month sabbatical I have returned to the Index! I had a good spell last time and made enough profit to pay for my season ticket! Compared to some on here I know that’s quite small!

Anyway last time roughly 100 shares moved the price of a player by 1p, is that still the same or has this changed and if so how many shares are equal to 1p

My plan is to reinvest my profit made last time so I am effectively playing with my winnings not my own money and going on from there

Any tips that you can share about how things have changed and maybe the best way to build a portfolio would be much appreciated

Happy trading everyone

Welcome back. You're not a new user but probably feel like one after a year away. Change your username please to one that says a little about yourself.

A few months ago quite a few on the Index was thinking about leaving or derisking their holds in FI as many were see red throughout their ports and the platform was not making any sense anymore. It had become a flippers (IPDs) paradise. PB wasn't relevant on the platform anymore. FI was raking it in. The main thread where traders were venting their anger in a reasoned and controlled manner was shown to Customer Service and they promptly deleted the thread, siting GDPR reasons. There was only a couple of posts which revealed names of Customer Service and conversations with them. All they had to do was remove the offending posts, but they took down the entire thread! FI wet their pants.

To their credit, FI responded by launching a deposit bonus and then increasing MB/PB dividends by 50%. It appears FI are planning to move the platform more in the direction of PB in the near future.